Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is active on Test!

Tis the season to brighten our lives and those around us with gifts, good food, and warm hearths!

All across Norrath you’re sure to find people celebrating this festive Deepice holiday, but it’s just not Frostfell without visiting the Frostfell Wonderland Village! This enchanting land of ice and adventure, found on the other side of the Magic Closet within your city, holds wonders and adventures for everyone, including a new set of tasks being offered by Pilip Mumbletoes.

From there you are welcome to visit the Frostfell Workshop, where Frostfell elves have been busy preparing for the celebration, or Frostfell Wonderland's Icy Mines, where the holiday fuels used to craft all those special Frostfell gifts are obtained.

Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from Santa Glug, and watch for one of his helpers to make a special appearance in Freeport and Qeynos. You might just find some of the new special holiday collectibles in your stocking!

New Features for '21!
    TLE servers
    • Kaladim & Tarinax - the event is active, with the following exception:
      • Little Lost Goblin
      • Deepice Dreams
      • Special Delivery
      • O Frostfell Tree
      • Tis the Season
      • Gift Giving
      • Gallivanting Gifties
    Live servers
    • New Overseer Quests and Agent!
      • Offered by Pilip Mumbletoes in Frostfell Wonderland Village
    • Santa Glug, a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village is back and has 16 tradable gifts (9 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has 12 new items for sale, to players of all levels.
    • Giggawat and Garsleblat Gigglegibber merchants have brought back 12 items from retirement.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XIV
      • Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XIV
      • Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XIV
    Returning features:
    • In game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • Returning Quests
      • "Icy Something Worth Mining" - offered by Sugarbow, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gallivanting Gifties" - Quest found in the Frostfell Workshop. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Little Lost Goblin" offered by Meg Gingersnap, located in Frostfell Workshop zone. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Deepice Dreams" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Special Delivery" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "O Frostfell Tree" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Frostfell Workshop. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Tis the Season" offered by Jarith Icewing, now located in Maldura. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gift Giving" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Maldura. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" offered by Frestishan in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable
      • "A Deepice Mystery" - offered by Jingle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – NOT Repeatable!
      • "Merry Mischief" offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – Daily repeatable
      • "Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – Daily repeatable
      • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. – Not repeatable
      • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven) - Repeatable, once per year
      • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered again by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. – Repeatable, up to 15 times
      • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "A Frostfell Favor" offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Saving Frostfell" offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica. – Repeatable
      • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands. – Repeatable
    • Returning Achievements
      • Holiday Lights
      • Handcrafted Gifts to Give
      • Frostfell Feast Delights
      • Great Candy Grabber
      • Frostfell Fanatic
      • Frostfell Overdrive!
    • Returning Collections
      • Frost-bitten Toes
      • Frost-Bitten Toes
      • Druidic Frostfell Icons
      • Frostfell Baked Treats
      • Hand-Hewn Frostfell Ornaments
      • Colorful Frostfell Ribbons
      • Frostfell Sweets
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug's Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and wieldables in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years' crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • Players can obtain the 3 key recipes for personal Frostfell Tradeskill stations.
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
    • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
    • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still flyable and frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • Festive equipment and decorations, (including 4 returning items that haven’t been available since 2007) are available from merchants in Frostfell zone (Giggawat and Garsleblat).
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!

Any feedback submitted after 12/03/21 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Also, as with every year, the grand Frostfell Trees and event music within Freeport and Qeynos will be missing until the zone art is updated.

This event content is currently set to run 12/07/21 at 8am PST* through 01/04/22 at 11:59 pm PST. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
    Carynn, Finora, Breanna and 8 others like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Some other changes have been made, as a result of feedback received during the event last year:
    • An invisible barrier has been erected surrounding Santa Glug to make it easier to speak with him, even when he is bombarded by other adoring fans.
    • Lovers' Gazebo Assembly Kit - Item can no longer be used in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Icy Something Worth Mining - Adventurers who have had the Frostfell Wonderland's Icy Mines zone reset while attempting to dispose of Cryogias need only now speak with Twinklecane to get another chance at the fight. (Previously they had to restart the quest.)
    ~ Kaitheel
    Carynn, Finora, Breanna and 8 others like this.
  3. Kattt Well-Known Member

Woot!
    {{squee's like little kid}} :p

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see it all!
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I love this event too and a ratonga can squeak better any day , I am soooooo exited .
    Grabs Kattt's arm and drags her around in circles dancing for joy
    waves at Siren " see told you don't be afraid Kaitheel and Denmom will take care of us , and they are our new main elves .
    Marry Frostfell to everybody ( on Test )
    grabs some big freezer bags to stock up on snowballs , and fruitcake .
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my I just love that ceramic Frostfell tree :D <3
  6. Kattt Well-Known Member

OMG, yes! Was just coming here to say THANK YOU on the ceramic Christmas trees! I got the green one from Santa today and it is awesome! Brings back childhood memories. :)
    Kaitheel, please tell whoever designed those ceramic trees....BRAVO! =D
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

I hereby nominate Kaitheel for canonization...again, already! :D

It's also very good that jerks can't clutter up the Village with stuff from another holiday, though if they were trying to "protect" Santa Glug from having to "[run] from [his] fans" (--Beatles), I could see that...

And while I never had to worry about Cryogas or whoever, that's a better, less frustrating way to handle it. Well done, sir! :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Kaitheel and Siren like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The most important question remains! :eek:

Will Denmum have the time now to let us know what all is possible to get? :-/

Uwk
    who has to do up the spreadsheets for The Horde accordingly...
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Updated Quest trackers have been provided to Denmum. I am sure as time allows, she'll have something soon (tm)
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

House Item:
    Shimmering Splendor Frost Star
    This item may be placed on the floor of all house types.
    This item cannot have its scale adjusted.

Problem:
    Place this stein in your house or guildhall and watch the beer spill out!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know, I know, probably not possible...but could we get Santa Glug to give out gifties every 12 hours instead of every 18? The maths are eye-crossing... X-P

Not to mention, the chance of getting all our alts covered (I know I'm not the only alt-aholic out there) in the time allotted... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! :D

St-this, st-that... ;->

Though star beer could be pretty groovy! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

thank you for those trackers Casdoe! I've been using them for years :)
  14. Kaitheel Developer

18 hours is the game standard for once-a-day. It is this way, intentionally.

~ Kaitheel
    avashi, Breanna, Siren and 3 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is there any chance of bringing back the Emerald Gem as a material? It's silly making "green" things (and variants on the term) out of red, blue, or black gems. :(

I have examples if needed... ;->

It would also fit in the 56 slot bag. As it is, we only have 55 mats for it...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! :D

Thank you, Casdoe! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Used to be every 24 hours, but it got better... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG: Perhaps? Or something in my computer glitched on it? Went to look up the stuff on the Merchant these days and tried to peek at the Dressing Room for the Prefabricated Snow Woman Plushie, and the 'Room was blank. It worked for the Prefab Snow Man Plushie...and when I went back and forth between the art for the Prefab Snow Man Plushie and the Prefab Snowman, there wasn't any visible difference in the Dressing Room art between the two (I hadn't bought them to place and see what the size differences might be). Then I went back to the Prefab Snowwoman, to see if her art was different than the Plushie (as if I could tell ;->), and it was at least there. Went back to the Prefab Snow Woman Plushie to see if looking at the other would stimulate something; blank Dressing Room. Back to the Prefab Snowwoman, and now her Dressing Room was blank as well.

Weird! :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

MUST feedback HARDER for a house item that ports us to Frostfell Village
    /please
    /puppy eyes
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Santa Glug's giving little kitten pets to chase your shoelace and trip you, while you're fighting for your life on the ice! :cool:

I haven't found any bugs yet, so I thought I'd throw that in there. ;)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.