MOTD and how important it is

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Naneeje, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Greetings staff of Son.... I mean Dayb.... I mean Darkp.... I mean Amazon...

I don't know if you know how important the MOTD is but for the first time in 20 years, you got it right.

A daily message of BS that nobody cares about that means nothing is more important than you realize.
    Thank you.
    Beee, Hartay, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

IDK, the MOTD recently has entirely ticked me off. Just don't have one, if it's going to be stupid.
    Chrol likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

WHAT ???????? I hate all those short forms of what ever can somebody please explain to me what MOTD or IDK is in plain English that a simple homemaker can understand .
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

MOTD = message of the day
    IDK = I don't know
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Xianthia .
    I like those , they are very often funny :D .
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

To the MOTD Lady-did you know devs can hand mobs items?

I wait for the day where the message of the day after downtime patch says, " one lvl 1-5 mob has been handed 100pp" omg the carnage on Taranix........bring the fun with MOTD!
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

Which MOTD? A quote of the 'first one' would be nice.
  8. Pharliquin Member

I could be totally off, but think the thread is referring to recent MOTD activities. Has can be seen from responses, some think it a waste to communicate or interact with player base in a playful way. Others find it a good chuckle of a read. Still others most likely had become use to it saying same Ole thing all the time and stopped reading them all together- Hence not noticing that as of late we have someone at DP with just enough extra time each day to reach out and say Hello to us Norrathians in an amusing way. Such a simple thing, Enjoy it or Dont, up to the individual.
    Lateana and Chikkin like this.
  9. Jalathan Active Member

Personally I like the silly ones more so than seeing the same (and often outdated/old) message every day...
    Escape and Lateana like this.
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I can admit that over the last week they've gotten sort of clever, which is fine by me. I did have a brain freeze over the Kaladim one that said that a Baby Dragon needed help with their horde. I was fairly certain they meant "hoard" but that's not how it was written. Kids read these things, people! We can't complain about the decline of the western world if we don't pay attention to stuff like this!
  11. dorotea Well-Known Member

"We can't complain about the decline of the western world if we don't pay attention to stuff like this!"

I agree entirely. For the hoard!!!
  12. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Well, you see, Innoruuk created the world's first half dwarf, half orc man and intended to introduce it to the gods to stir up much hatred. However, Brell Serillis and Tallon Zek asked what this new race would be called. Innoruuk, with pride and zero hesitation shouted "DORCS!" and was promptly laughed out of the Pantheon.
    Naneeje likes this.
  13. Naneeje Well-Known Member

See, exactly. This is why it was really funny to me.
    Horde = a large group of people.
    Hoard (Hoarde) = a stock or store of money or valued objects
    This is the clever writing they are providing. The fact that you interpreted it as a mispelling is awesome. The Baby Dragon was CLEARLY needing help with his large gathering of people :)
    Arielle Nightshade and Breanna like this.
  14. Poopoo Member

*****'d.