Largest overland zone.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Aull, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Aull Active Member

For years I was in wonder with the beauty of all the zones but which one is the largest?
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Kunark is pretty big.
    NrthnStar5, Aull and Breanna like this.
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I think the holiday house might be as large as Antonica lol
  4. Aull Active Member

I thought that either Kylong Plains or Fens in Kunark would be the largest but what about The Moors? There are like upper, middle, and lower parts of that zone.
    Others let me know your thoughts please.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Moors of Ykesha is absolutely gigantic. It doesn't matter if you fly directly to the Brokenskull Rock from the UJL or take the airships-- it's going to take you 5 minutes to get there.
    Obano, Breanna and ttobey like this.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

There are a lot of huge zones like Moors, but in terms of the largest zone with actual usable space, I'd guess Fens of Nathsar. Moors is mostly pockets of playable terrain spread out over junk terrain geometry and water.
    Breanna and Komatus like this.
  7. Komatus Well-Known Member

The airships in Moors are about the slowest form of transportation in the game....lol.;)
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I repeat:

:p

hmmm yeah I think Fens and Kylong are both pretty massive in terms of actual explorable space.
    Breanna and Komatus like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

I contend that the largest over land zone is Kingdom of Sky because it's the only truly "over land" zone. :D
    Kari and Breanna like this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Are they over land?

Cusa, can you remind me, are the KoS zones floating over Norrath or are they in the Plane of Sky proper? I don't remember if they were still planar or had come over like Shimmering Citadel.
  11. Komatus Well-Known Member

I always thought they were floating in the air over the ocean....:confused:o_O
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

That's something of a muddy area that was never properly explained. We know that the Overrealm is basically the Plane of Sky "leaking" into Norrath's realm because of the cataclysms and gods withdrawing their influence. We've not had any astronomers acknowledge that the Overrealm is up in Norrath's atmosphere, but at the same time we can't see Norrath down below (due to technical limitations and whatnot.) It's obvious from the Drednever Exploration Team that they tried to physically reach the Overrealm through mechanical means, but the NPCs up there don't seem to really talk about the physical location other than "Norrath exists below."
    Breanna likes this.