"Beyond the Shattered Sea" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

There was some settings conflicts that became apparent through internal testing when particular zones (I don't recall which) allowed mounts. I can retest this now that the event is on Test and see if I can re-enable mounts. No guarantee though!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

There is something your level 7 adventurer can do from the start: the 3 tradeskill quests do not have any level predicate and fully scale.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for all that feedback, Taled!

I'll fix those typos, and look at your suggested grammar fixes. Keep in mind though, some NPCs have particular ways of speaking that are not always going to be grammatically correct.

As for the Dinghy to The Swimming Oak, it says, "Savage Cay" I can't find any spot in game where the words are "Savage Clay"

The "Planar Fragment of Pure Magic" is a level 110 loot drop for scaling content and has a chance of dropping off of most level 110 mobs, no matter where they are in the world.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Hehehe. A little peek behind the curtain... Sometimes we make do with what we got. And sometimes what we got is being implemented by design and not art.

A smidge janky when moused over, I agree, but it gets the job done without having art provide me an entire new asset or zone (house decorators know this pain well). I was actually quite pleased with the new zone entrance/exit solution I came up with.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Momo like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

I do understand that there is some lexical leeway for how the NPC speaks - I tend to err on the side of caution reporting those things, but I prefer more info to less when I send stuff in, just in case!

The actual pop up window when you click on the dinghy to go to the three instances lists 'Lichveil Island', 'Savage Clay', and 'Skerry Hideaway' - I *think* this is the only place where the zone name is incorrect. Initially I assumed it was meant to be Clay and the quest dialogue was incorrect, but in zone it is Cay (Which makes more sense for the zone type) so I assume the zone-in dialogue window from the boat is incorrect. (Or was on test earlier, I haven't seen if there was a push today.)

I understand completely! No sense making the extra work if it isn't needed. Just thought I'd point it out in case - It did look perfectly like a tunnel entrance til I moused over the two halves, so I wouldn't say it *needs* fixed. Hehe

All in all the prelude is very neat and well done, just a handful of those minor typographical issues really.
  6. Elinea Well-Known Member

I want to thank you for this. I felt like such an idiot running all over skerry hideaway looking for the source of malevolence, and I knew it was going to be something simple I overlooked and didn't want to broadcast how much of an idiot I am by asking. I left a skeleton or two alive, not realizing I had to kill them all. THANK YOU!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think one of the bits of confusion could be with "Cay" as a word very similar in spelling (where a spellchecker or grammar program wouldn't catch it); if memory serves, it's pronounced "key," but only in Florida do they actually spell it accordingly. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Taled like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think it was Zam who had all the info we'd need for quests even on Test; I loved that about them, that they'd have that NEEDED info long before Wiki, even. It was a gods-send in many ways, and I miss it. :(

It's sort of kind of doing okay, still hanging in there, but I doubt it has anything on the newer stuff. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

mara resin = huge bottleneck for live servers

make them trackable?
    make them give out more than 1 pull of 3?
    make them just a vendor buy? and cheap-ish at that?
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

a little copy/pasta bug:

crafting quests give a chat message " You have scribed the G.L.E.E.S.H. tailoring recipes". All 3 quests give that message, even though you really are scribing "Swimming Oak Tailoring (or Woodworking or Provisioning) Recipes
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, would it be possible to add a little achievement (maybe with a title) for repeating the prelude crafting?
    a la GLEESH Supporter we had in the past for 25 repeats?
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I disagree, but that's because I know how it is hooked up. There is a base minimum up at all times, so the challenge will only be in finding them, as they have a lot of potential spawning points around the village.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Not at this point, unfortunately.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for your help so far!

There are some fixes that are on their way to the Test server:
    • Skerry Hideaway, Lichveil Island, and Savage Cay - Mounts are now usable within the zone! (Flyers stay on the ground.)
    • Dock Torch - House item is now noted as a light source in the description.
    • Mara Resin - Item is now flagged as a harvestable, and available to be placed in harvest depot.
    • Stock the Galley - More fruit, vegetable, and legume items should now be properly classified to work for creating the Casks of Grog, while meat items should no longer be accepted.
    • Stock the Galley - More meat items should now be properly classified to work for creating the Basket of Dried Meat.
    I'm not sure when they will be on Test, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Miragian Well-Known Member

I love the whole "there must be x number" of whatevers spawned code you have now. I know its used for more than just harvestables.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

After 20 minutes, I have given up locating a 6th Drum of Sake. No map for the zone and I get disoriented from the crippling nausea with running all over looking for the one I missed. If I had known they did not respawn and that supposedly only 6 spawn. I would have marked the locations.
    I will add this quest to the many I cannot currently complete due to my stupid motion sickness. :oops:
    Perhaps put more than the minimum items required by the quest? That way I may eventually stumble across 6 :p

Better yet, if items could respawn after 10 minutes or so for those of us who can't find all of them ;)

Okay I went back into the instance and it generated a 'new' instance and I was able to click on a drum that I had harvested previously to finish the quest.
  17. Miragian Well-Known Member

If there is only exactly the number needed for the collection quests I'd like to second the suggestion to spawn slightly more then the minimal needed.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

*quote snipped*

Yeah, I can have an extra spawn in each of the dungeons.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Hi, just had a question not directly related to testing. Will the next expansion be similar to Altar of Malice? I was just curious because some of the items from the prelude event look very similar.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No information has been released at this point, so this can't be answered until there's an official release of expansion information.