YouTube Content Creators? News and info for EQ2?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avirodar, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Despite not watching any YouTube videos regarding WoW for years, YouTube recently suggested videos from WoW creators on my feed. This made me curious, are there many equivalent YouTube based content creators with decent subscriber and view counts, that provide EQ2 news, info and opinions? If so, whats the name to search?

I found it interesting that two of the videos I watched involved the creators stating they will step away from WoW. When these passionate and long-term WoW supporters were describing their personal reasons for stepping away, it included monetization practices that enables the bypassing of traditional character progression, P2W practices, lack of quality & QA, lack of action from feedback during beta stages, poor and uninspired expansions, balance mismatches, horrible itemization, poor staff vs community relations, and suspecting that the people making the game don't play or understand the game. This is not something I expected to hear about WoW. Times clearly change.

Maybe this means some WoW refugees will come to EQ2?
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of. And sadly, if they're upset about those things in WoW, they'll see what real p2w looks like as soon as they log in here.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't know about them coming here, but the only EQ/EQ II videos i have seen on Youtube... are from 20 years ago.

Ones like 'has anyone seen my corpse'.

I realize the home show ones are there, but maybe some folks need to put their adventures videos on Youtube. Or quest type ones but without it being a walk through.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Corcee New Member

I found your post interesting because a lot of the comments about the current condition of WoW are ones we have with EQ2. I suspect that is because a number of EQ2 people moved to WoW and vice versa. I'm not sure either of these moves improved either game or maybe we are all just jaded with MMOGs at this point.

There are new and current YouTube videos on EQ2 from TheLazyPeon, Rebus Live, Zorgo Nox, Antizark Gaming, and Doctor Nachoz. Whether you can access them seems to be at the whim of YouTube. I've done specific searches, on creators and video titles, and not have videos show up that I know exist.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have seen a bunch of videos about battles on Tharinax , if your not a You tube subscribers you have to know the title to find them , or look for EQ2 videos from 2021 on google or such a place it will direct you to the right place .
  6. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

You described EQ2 so well! :rolleyes:
  7. Smashey Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are talking about EQ2 the last many years to be honest. The only difference is that the few thousands that still plays EQ2 will litteraly accept anything the developers throws at them. The recent p2w boycot is an excellent example. Top 5 guilds promised each other they would boycot the new item, within 5 hours the first guild broke the "agreement" and everyone else followed instantly. Pretty sure the EQ2 company earned at least an additional $10.000 from these players alone that day.

And no there is no eq2 communities outside of this forums, which is kinda dead and most of the stuff people post is useless. Then you got reddit which is pretty much just a more dead version of this forum. Then you got eq2wire where we love to talk about the game and not get censored. Lastly you got eq2traders corner that Niami is still updating. The last active community was eq2flames and it was one of the best one in any MMO community. It was helpful, awful, hilarious, stupid and awesome all at once. That's about it.

The game has less than 10,000 unique active players still playing, who would make youtube videos for a game with such a small audience? Like what would the point be?
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

To gain more players.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  9. Fangrim Active Member

None of them will come here, okay none is strong, maybe 5 or 6. The rest will all go to FF14 because the vast majority of mmorpg players have a sheep mentality, FF14 is the new pasture for sheep.Just look at all the people that try every single piece of crap mmorpg that's released. Devs know this, as long as it keeps happening we will generally have crap mmorpg being made.
    The new thing is to actually make mmorpg worse,as in make bags tiny, no crafting way to enlarge them but you can buy with $$$$$ pay for convienience, it works too so they make things bad in the game to get more money.
  10. Secaea New Member

I am not a content creator myself, but I work regularly with small to mid-size content creators looking to grow their business. Hopping on to EQ2 to become a content creator would be a bit of a gamble. You could certainly angle to make yourself 'THE' content creator for it, as the pool of competition is very small. But the player base is comparatively small as well, and the game is a bit niche these days. If you're looking to grow and support yourself through YT or twitch content of EQ2, you'd definitely be battling up hill.

This is all ignoring the 'labor of love' aspect, of course. I would love to see a more full-time content creators supporting EQ2 on any platform.

As an aside, knowing the ultra secretive and hyper competitive culture of EQ2 (and EQ1) raid guilds, I would be surprised if some of the higher profile guilds would allow streaming of their raids. The last time I seriously raided in EQ2 was KA and the guild I played with at the time, who is still around now, was so tight-lipped and secretive about strats that it would've been forbidden.

This reminds me that one of my favorite EQ2 videos is a Japanese guild doing 4 rune Roehn Theer back in the day, one of my fave boss fights and I send it to friends whenever I reminisce about EQ2.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Doobius40504 Active Member

Sturmlocke, Jaden and Hartsmith like this.
  12. exeq2player Member

Antizark gaming posts YouTube videos on everquest 2 Facebook group of the same name. There's a news on eq2 and other recent stuff.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I love , love , love , that can we get our Maintenance update notes always like this please :D
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  14. Kotter Legendary Member

WoW players are going to FFXIV.
  15. Standard Member

Made me chuckle. There is nothing enticing about EQ2 for new or returning players, it's brick wall after pay wall after brick wall.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I agree. As I was watching the videos from WoW content creators, the key concerns being expressed strongly resembled my experience with EQ2.

Despite not being a WoW player, I don't enjoy seeing the same issues occurring there. FFXIV and ESO are far from perfect, but I am glad people do have options.

The reference about WoW refugees possibly coming to EQ2 was a bit of tongue and cheek, inspired by a thread from a few weeks back, where some people were claiming EQ2 was full of unique features and mechanics that no other MMO has. Needless to say, I do not agree with that suggestion.

For reasons only known to the EQ2 team, they appear to have never seen any value in streaming and content creators. The half-baked push they tried to do a while back with Twitter, Facebook and Reddit was comparable to the "how do you do fellow kids" scene from 30 Rock (YouTube link).

While I personally believe there is a lot of truth to that statement, I also share the view expressed by some of the major streamers who recently departed WoW.
    It goes along the lines of:
    -- Just because things aren't fun for me, doesn't mean someone else can't be having an awesome time, and getting amazing value for their money. I do not deny their existence, I do not deny their having fun. I liked EQ2 before bad management and greedy practices overcame my enjoyment. Some examples of which include the whole EQN catastrophe and how it bled EQ2 dry, ProSieben, P2W creep, bland itemization, poor class balancing, out of control stats, to name a few. I do not speak for everyone. I speak for myself. To anyone still having fun with EQ2, I am happy for you.
    Pink Poodle and Priority like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

People in the past have posted to the EQ forums they had tired of WoW and were coming back to EQ.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if they come to EQ2 from WoW they are most likely people who deserted EQ2 for Wow in the first place and they are coming back with their tail between their legs , or that is what a new guildy once told me he was doing .
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

The problem is that when they realise that the issues that are forcing them to leave WoW originated here, they'll be gone again.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe Tkia , maybe.
    But in any case such people go back to the old pool of people and really new people are extremely rare that does not mean they don't exist .
    I had no idea Everquest even exists , till my entire guild moved here from another game .
    The lack of advertising even back when Sony still owned all on line games .
    To me Sony was a Japanese company making hardware and cameras .
    I was surprised when I found out they had on line games made in California .
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.