SEIZURE WARNING: Petamorph Wand: Hazardust Wisp

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Cusashorn, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I don't suffer from seizures, but I feel this needs to be said because when I looked at it in the appearance window, it really hurt my eyes. The Hazardust Wisp petamorph wand earned through the tinkerfest overseer questline really should have its effects significantly toned down, because it very well could be dangerous for some individuals to look at.
    Breanna and Holvarn like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

I kind of like it myself. Not sure what aspect of graphics actually causes seizures. I thought it took more rapid flashing, but I'm not anywhere close to an expert on the subject.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I mean, I may be wrong about that too, but when I looked at it, it made my eyes hurt. Something about it actually did cause my eyes to actually hurt.
    Breanna, Hartsmith and Holvarn like this.
  4. Holvarn New Member

The wings of the snow dragonfly hurt my eyes. It's so beautiful though, I put it in a corner so I never have to walk near it.

The glowing temptation object, if you make it bigger and, if you zoom in on it, is more of your classic seizure thing. The old PQ fight with the dragon on the ice, if you had ground shake ON and you had a lot of tanks around, that would make me puke. It was really nice of them to give us the switch to turn it off. The other dragon PQ in Fens with the dragon that flickered really hurt me, I'd have to spend hours afterward just harvesting or just logged out. I wouldn't join them at night or no sleep at all that night.

The statue in Danak PQ was perfect, it didn't hurt. Loved that one.

I have to be careful what "flaps in my face" or "hits" my camera, like branches of trees. Flying through Lighshadow Undergrowth can trigger it for me. The ceiling could be made higher. Or we could be allowed to walk on the mountain tops?

The funny thing is, playing games is the most interesting thing a disabled person can do. So "just don't play games" is taking away one of the few entertainments I have that I really like. I just want a few switches. I don't want to make it ugly, I want to enjoy it as much as possible.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea , just like some people will get sea sick on that boat , so they gave people the option to get of the boat rather than finishing the quest .
    To bad some quests take a much longer time to finish ( on a boat ) than others .

But yea that Wisp made me look away especially when I already have a headache .
    I hate the flapping wings of those big phoenix mounts , but those are mostly just annoying .

all those effects that trouble you Holvarn , are so hard on you because your eyes are trying to focus on something and it can't be done , so you strain your eyes .
    I am no expert but maybe turning of your particle effects ( if you have not already done so ) could help .
    I look at those bright flashing lights and it makes want to wear sunglasses at night .
    Breanna and Holvarn like this.
  6. Holvarn New Member

Hehe yeah I do. I actually do wear wraparound sunglasses to game longer. Amber ones. The amber is important to cut the blue somehow. f.lux just makes the game graphics mess up.

I don't want to limit the graphics, I love them. I just want to be able to temporarily stop them so I can keep playing, then turn them back on when I'm having a good day.
    Schmetterling likes this.