Server Downtime and Patch Notes - July 21, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

All EverQuest II servers will be taken down for approximately 4 hours on July 21, 2021 starting at 7:00 a.m. PDT/14:00 UTC. During this time, we will be applying a patch to the game to address certain issues and concerns. Patch notes to follow in this thread once I've received them.
    WhysperWynde, Bludd and The Martian like this.
  2. Accendo Guest

Abilities
    Corrected a bug that caused Combat Mitigation debuffs to not apply spell tier multipliers.

Items
    Selecting "The Blinding: Recuso Tor" from the Coldborne EverPorter will now send you to the correct location.

Live Events
    Scorched Sky festival coal bed at Buccaneer Beach in The Sinking Sands has been removed, but will return with next year's celebration.

PvP
    Corrected an issue which caused PvP looted items to disappear from the inventory.

Quests
    Spies No More - Investigating the second location for a Duhjalm spy now only provides a message to the immediate player.
    Flying Feathers – The Gryphon Research books in the Thurgadin library no longer have a chance to spawn at a location where you're told you can't see it, despite being able to see it.

Tradeskills
    Corrected several merchants that gave a "price is unknown" error for tradeskill fuels.

Zones and Population
    Droags will no longer announce that they are speaking in garbled draconic when they are speaking in garbled draconic.
    Reduced the Chaotic Leech level in Vex Thal: Edge of Oscuris [Challenge] and Reign of Shadows Expert zones.
    Shadeweaver's Thicket: Loda Kai Isle [Heroic & Expert]
    Opening the correct treasure chest during the encounter with Nimble Rodderick will now remove Fool's Gold Rush.
  3. PDP11/10 New Member

Given the change in the price of Tradeskill Fuels at the merchants, what is the change status of larger Personal Storage boxes?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. kefur New Member

can the pvp server plz move on the the next expac
    Moonchanter likes this.
  5. Golum Active Member

Has there been an update to the patching schedule?
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If there is, it hasn't been announced. I suspect since we had nothing on Tuesday, they've been postponing a patch until they could figure out how to fix the biggest problem which was the combat mit issue. That said, I could be completely wrong.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I was happy to see when Visiting & Rating @ Homes and Leaderboards that you can place both a Large and a Small Personal Storage Resource Depot in same room, side by side if you wish. I didn't know that. Not that I've totally filled my 1 Large Storage Resources Depot entirely but I have filled it full on 3 items and so must now place them at other homes where the Depot still has spaces and put up teleportals to & from our Vintaro's Crafting Isle of Refuge. Much simpler and easier to just place a Small Personal Resource Depot for the excess overrun items.
    Tanz Sixfingers likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Why is the forum not marked as there being a server maintenance ?
    I guess , because it was not scheduled .
    Karioki likes this.
  9. Lowretta Active Member

As this downtime is taking place during Moonlight Enchantments (again) will ME be extended as it was the last time this happened? Thanks!
    Hartsmith and Victisa like this.
  10. Grandavi Active Member

silly question... but is ME relevant for anything other than decorating?
  11. Wulfen Active Member

I have pretty much purchased all the decorations I need. Perhaps the Panda.... but lately it's the 5 new collections, for those keen on eeking out more collections for the collection count. My first timespace spent finding all the items for the first 5 collections, years ago, for all the alts, once a month, was 18 months. I want the process done, sooner than that, this time.
    And my Main has on her only 5.8 million plat, so.... no flirting with broker purchases for me. I'll be selling extras, not buying.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's content that many people enjoy playing. Just because you don't do it doesn't make it irrelevant.
  13. elflover Well-Known Member

I use it for deco items and also to lvl some in crafting. So it is but maybe not to everyone, just about anything in the game, relevant to who.
    Hartsmith, Xxtacii and Doobius40504 like this.
  14. Moonchanter New Member

Better do it now cus there only been max 40 good quenos people online each day this week at any time >.<
  15. Victisa Active Member

hi i would like to see the personal depo boxes hold more stuff or at least make it non lore.

Are we getting more time for Moonlight event since there was downtime?
    Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  16. Grandavi Active Member

Never said it was irrelevant, just wondered if I missed something..
    Leejin likes this.
  17. Lowretta Active Member

In my opinion, asking if something is relevant implies it is irrelevant. And asking if it's relevant to anything other than decorating implies decorating is irrelevant as well. I'd like to ask if raiding is relevant? Just because a thing is only of interest to a set group does not make it any less important to them. I hate raiding; I love decorating. But I don't begrudge raiders when they expect things to be fixed to accommodate them.

ME is limited to 2 days per month, so when downtime cuts 4 hours out of it, it does matter. Many of us use ME to level crafters, and certainly to purchase deco items only available during that time. And purchasing said items requires currency only received during the event.

So yes, it is relevant; as relevant as anything else in the game.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can level up any crafter in those grottos the 3 that have crafting .
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  19. ImezYiu New Member

Will we be getting our lost items back, or are they gone forever?
  20. Thatdarncat Active Member

To ask if something is relevant to other things in addition to the thing for which it is known to be relevant doesn't imply irrelevance to that thing. It acknowledges one relevance and posits the possibility of further relevances that are, at present, unknown.

It's entirely possible to phrase such an enquiry in such a way as to include a subtext that questions the known relevance but that would probably require either some additional textual emphasis or a particular tone when read aloud. As the enquiry stands, it's a flat question whose most likely interpretation is a genuine desire to know what, if any, the other relevances might be. For example, there might be collections or achievements attached to the Moonlight Enchantments or they might have a part in some questline.
    Dude likes this.