Anyone not feeling it with Ethereals this year?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cusashorn, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

This is kind of a rant post, so carry on if you're not interested, but is anyone else just not showing any major interest in the Ethereal coin grind this year? I'll do the solos and maybe jump in for three overland zones, but between all the usually weaker alts also grinding the coins and the less-than-thrilling-and-in-fact-quite-annoying mechanics involved in most of the Heroics, I'm just wondering why I should bother trying to get a group for these.

From what everyone says, the first Ethereal gem isn't even worth replacing the Peculiar belt -- YET. Maybe I just need to know what is coming for the 2nd and 3rd rewards.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was seriously ill for a while just before the ethereal event started (think MRSA in sinus, jaw, ear, and throat, ugh!) and now that I'm feeling better, I just can't bring myself to even log in and face the grind.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I think the issue is with loot in general this whole expac - in the past ethereal gear was replaced by raid gear at some point - this expac that has not generally been the case. This is mostly to due to the removal of infusing except for celestial and reforging.

Glad you are feeling better Sigrdrifa.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  4. Corcee New Member

Omg, Sigrdrifa/ I hope you are alright now. I wondered if you were on vacation or something. Sorry to hear it was serious illness.

Being ill can change your perspective on the game as I've found out the hard way. I just can't do the grind stuff anymore either. Life is too short and capricious. It is a shame a person has to be on death's door to realize this sad fact of life. Tomorrow is a gift, and not a promise, so live your life wisely so you won't spend your last minutes regretting your choices.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

I do normal heroics and overland heroics if they happen to be up while doing weeklies. Outside of that, nope. No interest in the event, the gear, the grind, or the experience
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Glad you are back :) And hope you are feeling better now.
  7. Pertinax New Member

I haven't been grinding and my rune is at level 5 almost 6. I play when I feel like it. Run solos when I can, help guildies get theirs done. Doesn't seem like the same old. I was off for two years and I never really did the stuff for the expac before BoL. I don't think it is pressure packed like it was before.
  8. Thrundaloo Member

Really not feeling it with ethereals - i don't have alts on my account, plus i've had to miss a couple of weeks so i'm far, far behind. Not even got the rune to level 1 yet.

Seems like the whole game is stacked against me this year, Conjy DPS is rubbish, took 6 months to get the sceptre having to run heroics over and over and over for that damn rod thing plus other stuff I can't be bothered to mention (RNG hates me).

Raided last night and mage DPS was down (some mit' bug), so I think we were all feeling low after that.

Really think player morale is lowest i've experienced it in years.

Rant over :)