Hallllppp! Furniture Explosion!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, May 15, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am on it getting on test right now Elinea

3 hours ,downtime on all other servers , time to go shopping

DARN , they took down the Test server too , how unfortunate .
  2. Elinea Well-Known Member

Yep, I was on there this morning, and even though there were no warnings about impending downtime over there, it went down like a bag of rocks in a lake right at 7am PST.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You have access on both now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Elinea like this.
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I think you can go shopping in those 6 dungeons now on Elinea , I tried to get you on the door for Keelynn too but her name just never took like Elinea .

lol I think I was chasing Niami around trying to give you accesses
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's not a lot of warning all the time on Public Test, like with the others, largely 'cause we might have to come down at a moment's notice, like when the Powers need to fix something (and test it before even we're set on it). :-/

It's one of the caveats here...advantages and disadvantages. ;->

Uwk
    Elinea and Breanna like this.
  7. Corcee New Member

Are the furniture dungeons all gone now? I tried to access them and all I get are Liz's two dungeons. I went to the dungeon tab, on my character window, and none of the other dungeons show up.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We did some copying of access lists to populate the access to the new dungeons, and you may not have been on the list that was used for some reason. Give me your in-game name, and I'll get you re-added to all 5(?!) of them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Corcee New Member

The characters are: Almee, Xanee, Bitsee, and Beajay. I'm glad to hear the dungeons didn't go poof.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There's still several thousand house items ready for you to browse through. Tackling this on what's left of my lunch break, so you should have access in a few minutes.

edit: done! If you have more alts in the future, one of your alts who has access can add them :)
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we had those dungeons for some years now , are you kidding , I don't think they ever go away .
    It all began with only one dungeon and soon 2 , you get the idea .
    You can also put things in those dungeons that you have just to many of , besides taking things out .
    You can even ask for particular items if you fancy something in particular that's not in there and as long as it can be crafted .
  12. Corcee New Member

Thank you, Niami. I was able to enter and I've almost completed another house to publish.

I hope other players, who are interested in decorating, visit the dungeons even if they don't need furniture or decorations. It is a wonderland.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes and Corcee the oldest dungeon is lovingly decorated and keeps on changing how it looks as we get new items .
    I have gotten some good ideas out of there too .
    Don't be afraid to pick something up if you feel sorry for the vase that now floats around , simply place it somewhere else .
  14. Corcee New Member

I have lots of things I could add but I'm not good at placing things because of my shaky hands. I'm still discovering characters with houses full of furniture and decorations I didn't even know I had. That's the problem with playing on 4 servers with 7 accounts lol.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If and only if you want to donate stuff, you can throw it in overflow dungeon 2. There's plenty of room in there, and placement doesn't really matter.

Kasa does a lovely job of decorating that original Free For All dungeon, and she pulls from the overflows to fill it up as needed. :D
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

Hi guys just a reminder to throw donations in Overflow Dungeon 2. Thank you. :)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, pick up one of the Layout Editor programs; there are three to choose from (Notepad Method, Sennen's OpenSource, and Jesdyr's; they can all be found in the Decorator's Resource page, second post, in Norrathian Homeshow), and if you don't mind number-crunching, they can make up for mouse unease (been there, done that :-/).

Personally, I started with Notepad, then "graduated" to Sennen's OpenSource, and use that about 95+% of the time. Just using Notepad is, as you might expect, immensely "no-frills"; if you live, breathe, and eat maths, you'll love it (I sorta-kinda do, -ish; it definitely will teach you which numbers are what after using it for a few hours...or minutes). I deeply love Sennen's, because unlike with JesDyr's, Sennen's doesn't require setting up any extraneous files to make it work (WITH, WITHOUT, WORKING, WITHIN, NOTWORKING, ABOVE, BELOW, INSIDEOUT, UPSIDEDOWN, and whatever the others are; I tried, and still don't actually understand the need for them). With Sennen's, you can be in the house/guild hall, tweaking things, do a /save_layout, and immediately go straight to the layout file open in Sennen's, and it'll go, "Oh, I've seen you've changed that file. Would you like me to update it now, o user? :)" and you go, "Why, yes indeed, I surely would, thank you so much! :D" (bit of an exaggeration, but it does have a more friendly user curve, imho).

On the other hand, Sennen's doesn't have the fancy things, like being able to move things along the diagonals (NW/SE/NE/SW) or do "Copy Location Info/Paste Location Info," two things I miss from JesDyr's (and about the only things I use his for, when I need to. But if I do something else in the house/hall, I'll shut down JesDyr's and open it again afterwards; the few times I use it, it's worth the time spent doing that vs. setting up all those other files). :-/

And JesDyr's does have more educational videos out there...on the other hand, I do think that Sennen's doesn't need many. ;->

Uwk
    on 1 Gold account, 6 servers, 122 toons (and lots and lots of spreadsheets) ;)
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  18. Kasa Well-Known Member

Hi guys after removing items out the Mum's Furniture Free-For-All Dungeon please don't rearrange or resize the items that are left. It makes the refilling more difficult. Thank you :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  19. Shaie Active Member

Please add Shaie to the list? I finally bit the bullet & created a Test character! She's a wee little Arasai... if anyone has spare bags, boxes &/or crates to throw her way, we'd be eternally grateful!
  20. Denmum Developer

Welcome to Test! I can get you set with access after work and mail you some 46-slot bags.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shaie like this.