Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I guess you are right about this one. Apparently I missed those early messages. One of the problems of trying to mix a real life with a virtual one. I did see the message about the spire cracking which is why I continued even though it seemed like the fight was never going to end. I guess I think of festival fights as short and sweet as long as you mentor down to 100 or 105. This one was long, even mentored down, and I guess it caused me to perceive the quest as being harder than it really is--especially when I couldn't find the adherent in the cave with a feather above his head lol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

What you are describing might be related to your looting options being set to Need Before Greed.

I suggest you do this:

Click your [EQII] menu button. In that list, click [Options]. Click [Group Options]. (It should be the sixth option down from the top.)
    Select the following:
    Change Current Group Settings - [Current Group]
    Default Loot Method - Free For All
    Default Loot Item Rarity - All Items
    Default Auto Split Coin - [X]
    Default Group Yell Method - Anyone
    Default Group Lock Method - Leader Only
    Default Group Auto Lock - []
    Default Solo Auto Lock - []
    Default Auto Loot Mode - None

But it could also be that you are confusing the loot chests that are awarded from the Scorched Sky elementals. The chests stick around, in order to give everyone in the group the event coin that they deserve from defeating that beast. It does not stop any one from getting their loot, though. It merely leaves the chest there for others of the group to also loot.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From EQ One or throughout? 'Cause a lot has changed from between the two universes... :-/

Prexus and Solusek Ro now looking evil springing to mind. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you for that last!! Still run across it in EL on occasion... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

My loot options are set to free for all and greed or accept. I've been told that is the correct way to set loot for groups but I'll change "greed or accept" to "none." and see if that works. As for the chests, we all looted and got the message we had looted but the chest still remained until we looted a second time. Sometimes the first person to loot, the second time around, would work but other times all three characters would end up having to loot a second time. Btw, the way my loot setting are currently set works fine in Sinking Sands so there is a difference in how the loot works in other zones.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

late to the party but that was my thoughts exactly when I went afk with my 120 conjuror to let my pet kill them all. i thought "well, at least, lowbies that have trouble killing mobs fast or regening mana or both will have some time to do so". Ok, it didn't work for you, but I guess Ro is like me and LOVES fried frog legs ;p
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I tried to make sure everybody , even on Kaladim could do this new quest , and we can't even get in .
    There is no reason what so ever that this Zone should be unavailable .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

oh how i wish the bed of coals could be right-click activated to light on fire
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's probably too late now, but is there any way we could have the collectibles for the Sinking Sands a bit closer to the "safe zones," either the Druid Ring or the actual celebrants, so that anyone not level 50+ won't get slaughtered by the pirates way too close to the area? Not to mention, lining the way to get to the quest site? :-/

I just had TWO of them chasing me away from the quest giver among the celebrants...does this mean that anyone who isn't at least nearly halfway to end game is too weak to participate in it? :-/

In years to come, can we have them path AWAY from the holiday stuff temporarily, like the giant eyeball things in the Enchanted Lands do during Brewday, please? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the pathing thing is usually utilized , like in the last instance for the crono fest where the undead frogs don't spawn in the camber , at least until you kill the second mob and bam all bets are of and you better not be near where they pop back up right away .

We had a problem like that those extra 3 days of Oceans Full on Tarinax after the roll back , where the Overseer Quest giver was surrounded by 3 very nasty lizards , some were sitting right by his feet like a watch dog , making sure that only the worthy survive .
    The good news is on the second day all those lizards disappeared and where not seen anywhere near the quest giver for the rest of the duration .
    Is seams that such areas are protected and it might be simply do to an oversight that in Sinking Sands the mobs still roam to close.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow...teach me to not create a new toon on Public Test for awhile; tried the new quest with a level 28, and there was NO WAY she could keep up with the ring event onslaught, even as a Berserker with level 22 Masterwork Imbued axe, shield, chest, legs, rings, cloak, and hex dolls. I went through a Power Potion and a Health Potion from the 9 Year Veteran Reward /claim item, and that only prolonged the agony. :-/

Frankly, doing the quest as a level 110? Please bore me at that point! There's no way anyone much less than what you'd need to be to survive the area to get to the dungeon in the first place would be able to succeed with a merely "average challenge for your level." :(

What would be the best way to do this? Challenge Himself, slap him around a little, then run like hell for the back of the caverns and at least make the li'l buggers run to you? Or do they just show up where you are, or put on their running shoes from the portal? :-/

UPDATE: Turns out, I'm never out of combat once the ring event starts unless I leave the dungeon or /camp to another toon (like my Alchemist, for boosts; that was a mistake, since everything reset [not everything in the dungeon, just everything at the ring, including Himself being back up to full health when he was in the orange range...sigh], including one of the spires I'd destroyed...ah well; only down two of the /claim potions of Health and Power, and now my Alchy has things to do ;->), which makes "healing" my blue bar of Power really problematic, and that's the one I tend to -- heh -- burn through the fastest. :-/

And the way to survive, apparently, is try to kite the li'l buggers one at a time away from the flock, shooting all the way, until they're juuuuust about ready to give up, then melee them for awhile until they fall down, which makes the event take about 80x longer than it probably should. The good news, perhaps, about starting over is that soon, she'll be level 30, and I'll be able to use my new gear for her... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Either that, or the devs made them back off, even after the event started... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

It's not intentional. We're doing what we can to get it up on Kaladim, ASAP.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, my Berserkers of any level ought to be able to "slam through" groups like a hot knife through butter, but yeah, it's lethal to lower levels. Is there any way to, I dunno, scale the time for the appearances from, say, a 20th level vs. a 120th level, in a nice logarithmic curve or so? :-/

And if the various whatevers "aren't worth loot or treasure or whatever 'cause you're too far away from them," can't we please be out of combat then? There's a first step Heroic Opportunity of mine that won't shut off now... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Yes. Yes it is.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel you are the best :D. I will tell all my Guild mates they were very diapointed they could not get in .
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow. Finally just got out of the dungeon with my li'l Zerker gal (Public Test). Frankly, I'm not doing this again with anyone for whom the buccaneers and the caimans aren't at least blue or lower level (makes it easier to avoid the elementals in the way). And not with anyone who doesn't have at least one AoE effect. It's just entirely too long, and too dangerous to try to get the quest in the first place and back to the quest giver again for relatively too little gain (cool house items, mind, but I'd also like a pile of Ember Coins, at least a couple of them; 5 would be better :D). Luckily, the Druid Ring is right there and worked anyway, even with red level aggros on my tuchis. X-P

I don't molo, just solo, and this is the first time I've felt the need to use a LOT of different potions and other Alchy bonuses. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He does have his moments! :D Good luck! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I just confirmed, it's resolved now. Enjoy!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

awesome :D :D thanks again Kaitheel