Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh... :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was trying to test the new quest so a server like Kaladim where there are no mercs or minions .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/nod

Never use the stuff myself... :)

Uwk
    who, it must be said, is sorely tempted -- can we have two Mercs going at once? Qho and Raffik? "See that dragon over there, boys? Why don't you go over there and have a chat?" ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Nope you can have more than one in your service , but you can only switch them around anywhere if you activated that ability
    it costs you some real cash .
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can only have one out at a time .
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, drat; there goes that idea... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

I wish I could say I was enjoying the festival but I'm not. There are parts that are fun, but other parts that are monotones and frustrating.

For example, the quest, Feats of Burning Devotion (FoBD). I checked Wiki and EQ2 Traders and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. While I understand these aren't your websites, they are a big help in finishing quests such as FoBD. I got all the way to finding the real Adherent Drasilhe and there was no clue given (that I could find) to help me find him in a very big world. A note saying, "Adherent Drasilhe likes to wander (x place)" would be a big help in at least knowing what zone the adherent is in.

That went along with the rest of the FoBD quest where there weren't very clear directions on what we should do next. For example, towards the end of the cavern quest we have to kill a fake adherent by killing mobs over and over. I had no idea if I was doing it right or not as it didn't seem to make a lot of sense. Eventually, I got a notice that one of the pillars was cracking so I kept on killing mobs until the pillars fell at which point I was able to polish off the fake adherent. I suspect a lot of players are going to think the quest is broken and move on to something else. A note saying something like "kill mobs to destroy the pillars" would let players know to keep killing mob until the pillars fall.

The fireworks quests went fine. The Darklight Woods quest went fine.

The collection quests are a PITA due to a scarcity of shinies. It gets back to the major problem of DP developing quests for players who have one character, one account, and 24/7 to play. Most of us have real lives, real responsibilities, multiple characters, and often multiple accounts. It shouldn't take two days of many hours to finish a collection.

If it wasn't for the confusing FoBD quest, and the collection, I would rate the festival a 9 out of 10. As it is, I rate it a 5 mainly thanks to the great house decorations and the ability to buy the items we want and need.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

^ This belongs over here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/scorched-sky-feedback-bugs-2021.599927/ in the thread specifically created for the purpose of gathering feedback on this event.

Feats of Burning Devotion is the new quest for this year that is currently being tested and requires feedback in that feedback thread. This content is BEING TESTED. As such it may be subject to constant change dependant on the feedback received. (in the right place) As such, nobody in their right mind is going to go and post a wiki entry for it until it is finalised and goes live. This is the nature of testing. If you can't handle doing content without a detailed spoiler walkthrough then testing new content probably isn't for you.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

so many possibilities.....lets wait for the next expansion to find out...... or new quests <3
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

it seems like a plot hole.....mortals should had forgot rallos zek existence by now according to the already established rules of the eq universe when gods get killed by theer swords they vanish from mortals memories as far as i remember.....why mortals and deceased souls in ethernere remember him is unknown to me.......again plot hole...
  11. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

12. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

hot <3 but i prefer his eq2 version.....his eq1 version though looks more original than the eq2 version....in 2 he looks more like a fire wraith like that boss from plane of war raid.....general teku
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

Estmund Vynaan, in Lavastorm, is hard to target to get the Overseer quest.

If grouped, everyone has to loot the chest instead of one person. This is different from other areas where only one person has to loot for everyone.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Today, when doing the festival quests in CL, I had the same problem as Lavastorm with each member of the group having to loot the chest. It should just need to be one person doing the looting as in SS. There also aren't nearly enough shinies which make it pretty boring. I have three characters out doing the shiny quest and it is like pulling teeth to find a shiny in CL which makes it hard on new characters who have to stay in the beginning areas as they don't have tracking to find the shinies up on the island.

Another problem is that the leader opens the chest, everyone loots, and the chest sits there so everyone has to go through again even though each character got a notice that they had looted the first time around. Someone always get the chest to close and disappear on the 2nd go round. I suppose I could leave a bunch of open chests lying around but my mother taught me to clean up after myself lol.
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

One of the nodes, in Lavastorm, is hidden in the geometry at 74.25 -15.51 -40.57 191.72 0.00 0.00.

The problem with having all members of the group loot each chest is that all the shinies go into the backpack of the leader. That leaves the members vulnerable to the leader going LD, being a jerk, or the game crashing and the members forgetting the name of the leader before they get their shinies.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Huh. There are no event related nodes in this zone, so I can only assume you meant one of the normal harvest nodes, of some kind. If I am correct in that assumption, then what you experienced is something all of us encounter from time to time in many of the original game zones. Harvest nodes and collectibles in original game zones often have conflicts with terrain objects, such as trees, rocks, and griffon towers. It is why we started populating them differently from Faydwer on.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I suspect this has to do with the sneaky way I had to hook up quest offer icons to the Overseer quest givers. I'll try to adjust it, but it will not be perfect, ever. If clicking with your cursor is challenging, I'd suggest targeting via [Tab].

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Good feedback! I'll add a bit more direction to the quest journal for this step of the quest to help resolve that.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I actually think that you assembled the clues provided and defeated Dath'Fazooth quite well, Almee.

When the first minion spawns Dath'Fazooth says, "It is not just I who you must defeat to win this battle, mortal!" Then the minion attacks you.

When the first, third, and fifth minions are slain, an on-screen message states, "An infernal spire shudders as the fire within the minion is extinguished." Letting you know something is happening as a result of what you are doing.

When the seventh minion is slain, the on-screen message states, "One of the infernal spires has begun to crack." You picked up on that clue, and destroyed the pillar, gaining Dath'Fazooth's attention, once more.

You had learned from that wave of the battle, so when Dath'Fazooth stopped fighting you again, a bit later in the fight, and more minions spawned, you knew what to do.

I say hurrah, and congratulations for figuring it out!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Almee Well-Known Member

I tested as a "new" player and as one with harvest tracking. I had particular difficulty finding the event shinies in CL, without tracking, due to so many being in the water and on the island. That seems unfair to new players or players with low-level characters. I spent an hour, without tracking, and only found 3 shinies. With tracking I had the necessary shinies for all 3 characters within a hour or so.

The shiny node, in Lavastorm, was tracked and the blasted thing kept messing up tracking for other nodes even when I thought I was far enough away from it. The loc information is approximate since I was following the tracking trail and didn't actually see the shiny in the geometry. It is more of a PITA than a game stopper though.

I thought Lavastorm (which I normally avoid like the plague) was actually the most fun zone for the festival other than that one irritating shiny. Unfortunately, the tracker doesn't tell us if it is a festival shiny or a regular shiny so it is probably more trouble to fix than it is worth. I just mentioned it in case it was a festival shiny and an easy fix.