Oceansfull Building Blocks

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Zyxia, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just went on my last toon for the last server I have characters on to get my recipe for my girls on Thurgadin and the servers all came down :(( I hope I can still get the recipe as in I hope the servers come up long enough so I can get one.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or at the very least, they give us another day of extension for it, since they cut us off at the knees 2 hours before it was due to end. :(

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; I'd prefer the Moving Water recipes as a quest reward and the Marble one in a clam, but I'm with you on that last one; above everything else, I'd prefer seeing a VENDOR selling such things. :-/

What I suggested to Kaitheel over on the Test Server forum on this event was like for Frostfell: have a vendor/merchant NPC sell the old stuff, and have the clams just give the new stuff. He wouldn't have to make 87 new things, just the 5-6 or so, and we'd get our clamming done a lot sooner, leaving us time for quests and other things. :)

Uwk
  4. Robynous Well-Known Member

In my last stint I got 9 aqueous sentinel plushies. I think I am confident in saying I would have been happy with zero. If I had got 9 recipe books, and other players did the same, I don't think this forum string would exist! But merchants would be good! Get currency from the clams, buy what you want. Everyone goes away happy.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Not everyone. I'm sick to the backteeth of farming a.n. other currency. The greatest thing about this particular event is that it's different to all the other currency farms.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

While I agree about having to farm so many different currencies I would still rather spend my time doing something that would return something I need or could use rather than stuff I have to destroy, vendor, or put on the broker. Right now I have my banks stuffed with Overseer items I'll never use but don't want to waste time trying to pick out the good stuff from the junk. I've filled up guild and personal depots with appropriate items and still have a ton of stuff left. It is ridiculous.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I stopped doing overseer on Kaladim because the stuff we get I can get more easily by harvesting myself
    Thanks by now giving us mats in packs of 5 instead of 20 single items from all sorts of levels.
    and on the live servers I am just storing most , hmm should begin to tinker so I can make some depots .
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That can be shot up to max levels with a Token, but I too will join with the others who want more and different depots, with recipes so we can make them. ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

for any of you who play on Tarinax there are Osmirs at the beaches and shells back in the water in Commonlands
    and Antonica .

To bad they did not return to other servers but I understand , I would not like the idea of getting rolled back for that .
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Clam coins. Sounds interesting.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I wound up finding the recipe book on 4 characters, out of about 19 characters on 9 accounts and 2 servers. Not a good return for the effort.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

I don't understand this obsession with finding the recipe book for every character. You only NEED one copy per server that you play on in order to supply any character you have on that server with the items you want. One copy per account per server is more convenient but not actually required. And one copy per character is just a completionist fixation that is making your lives difficult and frustrating you.

Personally I have 29 characters on 4 servers. I logged on my 4 carpenters, opened clams till I got the book then moved on to the next server since the recipes were my primary objectve and I didn't want to run out of event time before getting them all. It took me less than 2 days of peaceful diving in an almost empty zone while watching TV on the other monitor. Once all 4 servers had one recipe scroll scribed I went back around farming the benches and nets I wanted to stock up on and picked up maybe 4 or 5 spare recipe scrolls across all servers. If I'd held out for 29 recipe scrolls I'd probably be tearing my hair out and whining about it too but what would be the point? I have what I need for every character on every server I use to have access to the items they want. And it's far less stressful this way.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Since I have more than two characters on several of my accounts, and I do more f2p than all access, I need the recipes on multiple characters on the same account and server. Sometimes I have accidently locked out the one character I wanted to use on that account.
    Breanna likes this.