Game down this late

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pplnotsointelligent, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Weather's turned nice again, although a bit warm, so I'll be out in the yard landscaping, enjoying the sun, and breathing fresh air. Not working on a flat *** and varicose veins from too much sitting, haha
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah; okay, 7-8 figures worth... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Veils? Aw, Bhayar, we'd love to see that lovely beard of yours... :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Me either - I have fits of joy when I make 5k selling common mats on the broker. That's still a lot of coin for me! LMAO
  5. Laaw Well-Known Member

I hope those that used the exploit banned and sent to ........
  6. SilvaraGuk New Member

Seems quite the trend of downtime around here, in the last couple months I've had multiple times of trying to login only to find some random downtime. My biggest regret is the auto-renew that triggered as at this point, I'm no longer interested in supporting a company that can't provide the base functionality of a product much less entice me with any new content. Lesson learned, the auto-renew disabled and cancellation already made. Lots of luck to those who continue to support financially.

7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I should have been more specific on my description of salaried vs. timecard employees. I recall years ago hearing about the abuse of "salaried" jobs for essentially what were timecard employee positions. Was not aware that was still going on in some areas as I had been under the impression that practice had been stopped as a violation of employment laws. Salaried employees, which is what I was, were considered "professional" employees, often in management or highly specialized jobs. Yes, we did work far more than 40 hr. work weeks on occasion, but we were also highly compensated.
    Breanna, Lateana, AOE1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sigh...fat finger dx has struck again. Obviously, should have been "veins," haha. Corrected now.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Renew Member

they have to fix the exploit before servers come back up it might be a bit
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

before i retired it was salaried for programmers 40 to 60 hrs a week at large corp. big blue
  11. Renew Member

there still no eta yet.
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

back up...up and running...go, run....now...lol =)
  13. Relic New Member

Tarinax still offline :(
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, back in the day when I first noticed the difference was in retail, between our managers (poor sods; I did feel sorry for them, they were decent folks) and us floor-grunts. I had the same impression about "the equivalent of $40/hr.! Woo-hoo! Waitaminute -- how many hours...?" vs. our minimum wage back then, where it didn't add up all that well, at least as far as I was concerned.

Then one of my later professors when I went back to school described that, yes, they did on occasion have to put in more than 40 hours, but the rest of the time, their schedules were beautifully flexible, and they could do "10 hour work weeks" if they wanted to (not very often, of course, but he was happy when he could attend a sporting event of his kid during the week, or take someone to the doctor when needed). So he liked that more than anything else about being salaried. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If that was the source of the trouble, it'll probably take longer to bring all the way up again.

Uwk
    Breanna and Frenzywolf like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I can see it now; we all pounce in there, and the strain crashes everything again... ;->

"Easy, young padawans..."

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Kattt Well-Known Member

I see event shut off. =(
    NOT cool. We who waited patiently, kindly, did not cause what happened.
    Bah!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once they get everything finally whipped and pounded into shape, they may turn it back on again for a day or two...at least I hope they will, it'll be the decent thing to do. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

10h with no news. C'mon.
  20. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I'm in on a live server (HOF).