Game down this late

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pplnotsointelligent, Jun 17, 2021.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

Idk well in play on tarinax with my 4 friend lil clan. I just saw time to time, in general chat, some players sellin or buying chrono 20/30 plat.
    What they do with it .... Idk
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Because apparently, it's possible to have it "spread" to other servers, if it hadn't already. Plus, if they want to nail down an exploit to prevent another rampaging destruction of the Broker, more power to the devs/techs, I say. Get 'em, boyz (and girrlz)! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Laaw like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no; I'm actually female, and I don't want baby powder anywhere near any possible orifices. ;->

And hope you're not anywhere south of the 40th Parallel in the U.S.; "nice weather" means you're less than triple digits with rainstorms (and probably north of the 40th). X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Laaw like this.
  4. Jetlei New Member

at this moment in time, you are paying for a service you're not receiving. and to make matters worse given no idea on why your not receiving the service you're subscribing too but also when the services will be restored. as far as I can see there has been no official word on why the servers are down just speculation, and absolutely no ETA, which is pretty unprofessional in my opinion.
    I'm sure there will be some condescending reward / apology for the subscribers such as a double xp event or a free cloak which allows you to fart rainbows, but I would prefer a simple refund of my subscription for 1 day, which would be about 30 pence, which would mean I only pay for the services I receive.
    and frankly if your required to go to work on your day off or work late, which ever scenario you prefer, and your not going to be paid for doing so, all your doing is reducing how much you value is per hour, which I don't understand why anyone would take a sense of pride in devaluing themselves, but each to there own i guess.
  5. Celan Active Member

Let me ask you the following.
    Assuming what you were told is true, now what good would it do to only lock the pvp server if the kronos are sold on other servers? So the exploiters can still benefit from their cheat by raking in millions of plat on other servers? Sounds like a great idea to me - not.
    Frenzywolf likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, think about it for a sec. If the Kronos already made it to other servers, how is locking up only the PvP server going to help that? At this time, there's insufficient information to actually know the scope of the problem, much less where anyone is actually fixing the problem. The problem is, you usually don't get wind of the problem before it happens; it's already in place and spreading by the time you're hearing about it.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kronos are buyable for US$17.95 to "activate" like a token for a month of "paid Membership." There was a time you could only buy them on the Marketplace, for RL money and/or Daybreak Cash; nowadays, you can get them for in-game currency, which I think was a mistake. As to what the exploiters are doing with them precisely, I'm not sure, other than something horrible and probably way against the EULA. :-/

On the other hand, offering them on the Broker for only 20-30 plat is an incredible price; usually on other servers, they're more like 5-6 figures worth of plat on up. It pretty much broke the economy of the Broker on the US servers. X-P

Uwk
  8. Smashey Well-Known Member

This happens when you dont fix your game but leave bugs and exploit unguarded for more than a year. Its shocking it didnt happen until now.

I personally reported this in game last year and I know the OGRE bot developers also told them on discord about it a long time ago.
    Bhayar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Odibat New Member

There are TROLL"S everywhere. I remember when SOE still held this game and their entire data base was compromised and people's Credit Card information was stolen. The games lost a lot of players then including 90% of my guild at least. Then you have the international Hackers with ransom ware that think we poor gamers have tons of money and can bail them out or worse trying to steal all our CC information now. Let them do their job, Emergency might mean something entirely different than Game related, but Back end related to make it more secure. If the Sony debacle is happening, I am sure you all wouldn't be complaining as much. Let them do their job, they are working through the night here. Lots of Coffee, and energy drinks tonight
    Breanna, Frenzywolf, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...did you tell them on the Customer Service page as well? I'm not sure that anyone living monitors the /bug reports, but at least it goes directly to the Bug Forum nowadays afterwards... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :)

And I remember the SOE hack, I was there for that (thankfully, none of my CC info was compromised; I think it was that little fewmet up in Finland now that was just jerking Smed's chain), and I remember at least one dev who'd've loved to have kept the servers down long enough to get them upgraded properly, but wasn't allowed to by the Powers, who were chomping at the bit to make sure things were up ASAP, no matter what.

Uwk
    Breanna and Odibat like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Take a breath and relax. First of all, depending on what the currency and it's current equivalent (you mention pence which means you're not in the US), let's examine how much you're paying and what you've lost. Current subscription cost for a month is $15 bucks. Average month is 30 days, which according to my math works out to .50 a day. Even less if the month is 31 days. I don't know what your current financial situation is, but I'm guessing the list isn't long if you were to write down everything you can buy for .50 that lasts a whole day.

Secondly, demanding an ETA for a fix to an unknown problem is, I'm sorry, laughable. They're not putting a band aid on a little cut on the finger. You have to analyze what the problem is, and more importantly the scope. Then there's the fix. Those are inter related. Next time you have a problem with your auto (it decides to go belly up in the middle of traffic) or you are rushed to the hospital because you just fainted and started convulsing in the middle of London, let me know when if you get an immediate response to "what's the problem and when's it gonna get fixed?

As far as your last comment, that's simply nonsensical. If you're in a paying job, you're getting paid regardless of what time it is if you're punching a timecard. If you're considered a "professional," (non time card, i.e. salaried employee) you're still getting paid.
  13. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'm totally perplexed why they even kept the in-game /bug system instead of just having it automatically redirect to the forums page. I hadn't used it for ages, & didn't know they had changed it (yep, related things there) so when I went thru all the trouble of filling out the in-game report & then got redirected, only to see NOTHING I typed out in the page, I was so frustrated I just closed it out completely. One PITA hurdle is enough, TYVM. LOL
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably at the moment they're so busy knee-deep in it all that they don't have an ETA yet. I'm sure when they know, we'll know; this is NOT the Pro7 days (thank the gods). X-P

The last time they tried prorating "down time" for us was pretty disastrous. So, enough with the 30 pence worth of "money they owe us"; I'd much rather settle for a continuation of the holiday that the little fewmet weasel over on the PvP server interrupted.

And yeah, I'd love a double Status event, giving me a chance to kick up a guild of mine to the point where we can get a Guild Hall.

Hell, if you're serious about getting your "money's worth," how about an old-fashioned double Station Cash weekend? I loved those things! :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Frenzywolf and Lateana like this.
  15. Odibat New Member

I had just start to play this game when that happened. I learned not long before that, to NEVER leave your CC information on any site and just enter it when needed and delete as soon as it is run. It takes less than a minute to type the info in, but Years to recover what is stolen.

This is my day off, and probably my only day to play for the next week. But if they have to work on the game so be it. I can go read a book until it is up and running again, or go do some laundry and housework and Earn my game time. ( BTW) I am a senior adult, I allow myself gaming time once I have done something around the house so I don't spend 14 hours here at a time.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if you've got a time card, you're getting time and a half for overtime, at least! :D

Though there are other compensations; it's been mentioned before (and I totally agree) that the devs, techs, etc. would much prefer being home with their families and eating a decent meal with them and then getting a good night's sleep for their usual pay vs. listening to us whinge while they grab something from the vending machines and wash it down with 5 Hour Energy drinks (which are horrendous, btw; I'd sooner drink Cow Water) for time-and-a-half. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna, Lateana and Odibat like this.
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I have to disagree here - having a salaried position means the more you have to work, the less you are being paid compared to someone doing the same job for hourly wages. That is the very definition of devaluing oneself in a work scenario. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of salaried positions out there, and in many US states, employers are legally allowed to demand their salaried employees put in 60, even 80 hour work weeks. So, that $30/hr salary suddenly turns into $20/hr or even $15/hr.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/nod

Yep. When they did the "surprise! That 50% off sale you were counting on for your Collector's Edition expac? It's only 25% off now! And you have half the time to get it in as well! :D" thing, I asked my hubby to get the BoL CE for me as a gift. He rolled his eyes, sighed, looked at the site sidewise and let me enter in his CC number to buy it...and delete it IMMEDIATELY after it went through.

Uwk
    Breanna and Lateana like this.
  19. Laaw Well-Known Member

when they first came out they were 500p;p; now they 11 to 13 million pp. not easy to make that much. at least flor me :)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yet another reason I would never go salary. ;->

And that I live in a sane state. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.