Game down this late

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pplnotsointelligent, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Peak Nagafun

oh no he found the forums
  2. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Any chance of borrowing your faith that it will get fixed right this time? :D
  3. Strings? New Member

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs
    take one down, patch it around
    243 little bugs in the code
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

:eek:
    Strings? likes this.
  5. Virtuosity Active Member

@ Accendo

An update on progress would be appreciated .. please.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it was on the PvP server, I can't see it as happening for "a long time" unless it's something that could happen on any of the servers. :-/

If it's unique to the PvP server, when people ask why we can't have "good things" like PvP servers, that sort of thing might be why. X-P

Uwk
    who realizes that PvPers are being tarred with a wide brush, but that could be used as an excuse... :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I personally think it was a bad idea to make Kronos available on the Broker...on the one hand, it was a way to let folks who are real life cash poor but "wealthy" in-game to be able to be Members for a month; on the other hand, if they're F2P, how the heck did they get the kind of plat required to buy a Krono from the greed-heads cranking the price way up from the 1795 DBC (if 2000 DBC = $20.00 RL, stands to reason) it should've been in the first place? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if this sort of thing wasn't responsible for breaking the Broker via hyper-inflation on the rest of the servers... :-/
    Breanna, AOE1, Odibat and 1 other person like this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Progress is definitely being made from what I can see.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Gojiria Member

Y'all owe us a day of pro-rated play for this. This is crap. This is to fix an exploit??? That's a programmer screw up not a player screw up. Making US be the ones to pay for your mistakes is crap.

Y'all owe us a day. Half a day at the least... If we added up all of the emergency downtime, it'd be WEEKS at this point.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There was a time back in the Vanguard-split days where, it was rumored (by those who had reason to know) that there were grumpy goose programmers at SOE who were dissatisfied with like, everything, and deliberately put in a ton of spaghetti code to ostensibly hold the game(s; it was pretty much throughout SOE, but especially in their most popular games) hostage until their demands were met. Otherwise, they wouldn't straighten out the spaghetti code, and it could never be unraveled without their "help." Apparently, the Powers That Were basically went, "Fine. Please let the door hit you in the tuchim [probably the only term the auto-censor would let me get away with; plural of tuchis, though I'm not sure how accurate it is ;->] on the way out. You're fired. We'll take our chances."

They might've de-tangled some of it, at least, but it might've also been a case of, you undo one tangled string, and 3 more get snarled. It could also have been that even the cyber-terrorists couldn't've de-tangled it, and it was a short-term bluff, or they were far more confident of their de-tangling abilities than they had any right to be. :-/

EDIT: My bad; the plural of tuchis is tuchuses. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Odibat and Morukta like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no, you don't want them doing that prorating stuff; I remember what happened the last time... X-P

I'll settle for another day of the Oceansfull holiday. If it takes them through Friday, then two days. That's a lot less complicated.

And if it weren't for Richard-head players poking at a bug deliberately and maliciously, a lot of these "screw ups" wouldn't occur. This was intentional and selfish.

Uwk
    Breanna and Odibat like this.
  12. OldLitlleTurtule New Member

Seven to eight hours...

How long until i can play?
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

and to make this wait instructive. what does uwk mean that you put all over the place?
    Merci
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Lol just a signature.
    Im si lost with english abreviation, that i see them everywhere
  15. Louly Well-Known Member

I would think they aren't any happier about this then you are.
    But it happened so make the best of it and be patient
    Personally I don't think I am owed anything. If I have to work late because of downtime no one says oh here
    is a reward sorry about that.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We'll get back in -- when we get back in. :(

I, too, am chafing... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, if it's the Nodiatis.com part of the signature, then I'm not sure how it got translated, and my [square brackets] everywhere probably didn't help; my apologies. :-/

As for the rest, it was mostly me being silly. :D

(Though I will be more than happy to decorate a house for someone willing to Gift me a new character slot from the Marketplace [on a US server or Thurgadin; I have more than enough on Public Test for now]... :D)

The "This space for rent! ;)" line was from a line that I had back in the day, that got somehow removed for whatever mysterious reason, and I wanted to keep up the height of the signature, just because. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm just drinking coffee. Baby powder for the chafing. I'll be back out landscaping while the weather's nice before too long, haha
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Mind7& New Member

From what I was told people on pvp server are exploiting for plat to buying up dozens of Krono to sell on other servers any truth to this? Then why not lock pvp server until it is fixed.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are probably less demanding customers at your workplace. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.