Game down this late

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pplnotsointelligent, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Zyxia Active Member

I
    I love this game, and I agree, 99% of the people are really nice, decent and helpful.
    It's really bad when the minority do things that make life harder for others, like the devs losing their sleep time & family time to sort out the mess said minority have created.
    And yes, I believe they work hard. The GMs too work very hard, they have always been patient and very helpful in assisting me with any problems I encounter in the game. They have always responded quickly and given me some good advice. Often I think they are not given enough credit for what they do.
  2. Asteny New Member

If it was an old exploit why wasn't it fixed .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Zyxia Active Member

It probably was fixed, until maybe someone found a new way around to exploit the same thing.
  4. Ruderalis New Member

Do y'all need help searching Stack Overflow for a fix? I only program in BASIC but I can maneuver that dumpsterfire like a 15 year Python veteran. Think of it as a bind wound chain instead of a cleric. It might work!
  5. Carribea Active Member

nice of you to keep us up to date Accendo :) as long as we all get our steak dinners later, we will be fine......on another note do we get an ocean fest extension for a day or 2? i was still forcing open clams for the building block set, thanks for any info you can give :)
  6. Peak Nagafun

The scenario required probably isn't something that naturally occurs that often. It likely flew under the radar for a long time.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

after almost 4 hours, it seems rather sensible to me to share what is wrong with the community. Mouths will close, and you will gain sympathy for getting us involved.
  8. Steelviper Active Member

After all this time, the maintenance is still ongoing? Just wow, did someone try to break the game apart that it takes soo long to fix it?
  9. shaunisme Member

you gotta expect issues with a new game guys! give them a break ! /pmsl
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

if they have to forensically go through database transactions to trace the kronos bought with duped plat, yeah its gonna take time
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. blueangle Member

Starting to twitch :p
  12. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Seriously, ANOTHER 'Emergency Maintenance'???? It's not maintenance when you're searching for code that allows an exploit which shouldn't have made it into live servers in the first place. :confused:

I suspect if they EVER get all the bugs (including major exploits such as this 'Emergency Downtime' is apparently about) and other problems fixed & the game running smoothly, 95% of the player community will die of a heart attack. Then there won't be anyone around to keep the game afloat and the entire team will suddenly become unemployed.

Truth is, we'll NEVER have to worry about that EVER happening, will we? :cool:

Get with it team! o_O
    shaunisme likes this.
  13. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

If this is truly the basis of the current Emergency, then they utterly failed in correcting the problem the first time it happened.
    Bad coding on this level should mean plenty of pink slip warnings. It's unconscionable that something so devastating should EVER be possible on live servers in games like this.

But, when so many people just accept low or even horrible quality products & just keep on paying, what are the rest of us to do?
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

no computer code is bug free
  15. shaunisme Member

its addiction.
  16. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I realize that, but there is a vast quantity of bugs in this game, some that have been around for years if not a decade or more... Many should be stupidly simple to fix.
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'm addicted to coffee. Anything else I can drop like a hot potato. ;)
    shaunisme likes this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but you have to pick your battles with limited resources

this bug is bad, should never have happened, but it has and now they have to fix it asap and that means game down
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Just another reason they should rotate the devs on "bug duty" - EVERY week, one dev doing NOTHING but coding bug fixes and sending them up for the next weeks patch. Make it simple, start with the small stuff! (like missing goblin harvest rares.... I posted it, but am sure it will NEVER get done, cuz it's only level 1-9 mats and not a single bump yet some 6wks on).

But, again, something that's likely never gonna happen.
  20. smawtyrz New Member

Try to be patient, it needs to be fixed right so this doesn't happen again. Also try to understand this wasn't a minor plat exploit, this was a serious effort by the leader of a guild named Secret Service to destroy Tarinax, this unfortunately spilled over to other servers.