Game down this late

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pplnotsointelligent, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, they're calling it a "maintenance"; I don't think it's any such thing, if it's an emergency... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Rose like this.
  2. Frenzywolf New Member

Thank you for the update!
    Breanna, Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it were a planned downtime, they wouldn't be putting in so much overtime and long hours into the night... ;->

{{{{devs/techs}}}}

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, they probably didn't have too much notice themselves... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! And yeah, I do hope they give us an extension on the event; I know there's a lot of folks who didn't get their recipe book in particular from the stingy clams. :-/

Except for, I guess, the folks who chimed in on the Homeshow channel about how they got dozens of 'em, and are probably gonna make several billion plat on the Broker now... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and The Martian like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're new to this set of forums. I was on the original forums for EQ2 for like ages, back when they had the "black background, so everyone has to post in either stark white font or eye-bleeding neon colors" going. ;->

The minute I came into this newly formatted, new "you won't find any threads on Pro7 here! :D" forum set-up, I too was a "New Member." :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yet another reason I'm not on Discord. I see no reason why I should have to get numerous third-party programs (Discord, Twitter, Twitch, Twerk, Tw-whatever-the-next-thing-is-full-of-insta-responders) to get information when we have a perfectly good set of Forums pages. :-/

Uwk
    who agrees with thee on sympathizing with the devs/techs :)
    Breanna, Odibat, Strings? and 3 others like this.
  8. Kattt Well-Known Member

The splatter (and seriously its like splatter) on discord is that there were VERY cheating people in game, and wreaked havoc, and they are having to track it down, patch problem, and possibly rollback the destruction its caused. Its sad people don't ever consider what they do to others, in ripples far far far out. The big picture is indeed sad. =(
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :)

And I just hope it's not too onerous, like that last time the game was down for like a month... :eek:

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy! Teach me not to read stuff before I post...holy cats. :-/

That almost smacks of another hacking. >:-/

Or maybe just botting for plat...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Samantha New Member

i wonder what the cheating could be, games always have problems with botters and hackers, but what makes this so special that it couldnt wait for a proper time for downtime.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

Well I say splatter because its so much commotion, in between highly impatient people talking so fast, and a crap ton of images and gifs (animated annoying images) and such being posted in the general chat...mostly for humor, but after a thousand, it gets annoying. I guess everyone wants attention. Anyway, there are tons of discussions, rumors, etc. I hesitate to repeat any of it, because I do not know whats true or not. But the readers digest version of the commotion is there was cheating that is reminiscent of years ago, effecting economy, and they are trying to track it down and fix problem. If you dont shut all down and track down, could cause bigger problems. So I get it, and don't blame them at all. If anything, I am annoyed by the people out there that are like human viruses that try to infect everything they touch, so to speak. They cause this for all of us. And I feel sorry for people in daybreak right now, scrambling at 1:30am in the morning, because of people like that...all the while players doing what amounts to screaming and shouting at them in channels. They have no regard for the human beings on the other end of things. =( All such a shame. But I wait patiently since I can't sleep right now anyway. =)
    Breanna, Lateana, Odibat and 2 others like this.
  13. shaunisme Member

sooner this games goes like p99 the better.
    MightyMeaghan likes this.
  14. trollanfrog Member

It shouldn't be too long, was a plat exploit on PvP server. Someone was giving away plat to random people after duping it then lost all the kronos on the broker.
  15. Zyxia Active Member

it's really sad that people don't think of the effect it has on the majority. The few spoilt for all of us.
    At least DB are trying to do something about it quickly, even though they must feel dog-tired at losing their sleep.
    I, for one, am grateful they acted so quickly.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

they do think of the majority, and they enjoy spoiling it for the rest of you.

This has pretty much been how some people in eq2 have always been. While it is a good game, it seems to bring out the worst in some people.
  17. Zyxia Active Member

so true :confused: There's a lot in General Chat I don't read for the same reason
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and AOE1 like this.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

There is also the issues of ransomware so I am concerned that it could find it's way into the game. Good luck to the Dev team. I am most certain this is not how they planned to spend their evening.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hey,

So what is that emergency fix for ?
    I see rumors here and there.
    Ty for your clear answer.
  20. Kattt Well-Known Member

It is important to point out, while I agree with all you say, that the some people you mention, in my experience with the game, has been a small minority. Since 2008 when I started, most of community has been really nice, helpful, and decent people. But sadly there is small minority that feel need to spread their caustic toxins wherever they go, especially in nice communities. In fact, with all the games I have tried, I have found bigger concentrations of nicer people here, than anywhere else. I hope that has been the experience for others. But, honestly it is what brought me back most after 6 yr hiatus. The people.
    They do try to ruin it for us. But I won't let them. =) I just wish this did not have to stress the employees trying to deal with it all. People somehow believe opposite at times, but it is my belief that most of them work very hard.
    Maybe I am seeing glass half full...but it sure gives my stomach less agita. ;)