Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Okay, good answer. ;)

Just sayin', though, they could also access other sorts of mortal models in our world... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Because there's still a lot of individuals (and races; the Ogres spring to mind) that wuv him still! :D

The power of faith... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a good point. It was a little PitA-y finding the entrance, but once I did and marked it on the map, all the rest of my toons could go right to it, or at least recognize the landmarks on the beach for it. :)

Once in, it wasn't any great problem to wipe sufficient numbers of mobs to "clear the obstruction" (unless, of course, one's toon was "merely" level 100 or 110 and the mobs were LEVEL 100 or LEVEL 110!!! in which case, I'd auto-mentor to 90 or 105; I hope during the sudden "maintenance" tonight that that kind of thing can be fixed /crossing_fingers), but yeah, the ring spawn rate was a little slow. I took to just waiting near the pillars I had to destroy and pounced on each critter right as they emerged.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe his essence got slurped up into the sword? I mean, he is the god of WAR, and a sword is definitely a weapon of war...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Well, that could do it... ;->

As it was, back in EQ1, it got to a point where we could routinely "kill" the gods of the pantheon, any of them (apparently regardless of our alignments or worship; I don't know, since I didn't stick around longer than about a month and never got to that high a level, but I've heard things from folks that did), any time we wished, and that's what probably irritated them all to the point where they just finally washed their respective hands (or whatever appendages) of us mortals and told us to bugger off on our own. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks for that consideration of our "babies." :)

I should trot out my lower levels, too...but I can't tonight! :(

Here's hoping the "emergency maintenance" turns out okay... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If something is wrong, it could be the "You're not quiiiiiiite actually in the game yet, silly person! /Camp to yourself and try again!" bit acting up; I've been there, done that before, and it's really annoying. X-P

But things like that, and "You can't get to the Broker Anywhere function, what's wrong with you??" and similar things let me know that I have to force the issue. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

crap now the Public Test Server is down too :( o well there is always bed I guess .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah...hugs! :-/

Uwk
    also missing the chance to get something done tonight...sigh :(
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

Question; one thing I am unclear on, since this will be my first year doing this event...will all items from previous years be back for purchase/questing, from previous years? I have attempted to purchase and look up some items on broker, and either are none to be found, or ridiculously high prices. =( So, being able to catch up would be great. =)
    Thanks in advance!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, no; that's one of the things we're clamoring for, both here and in the Seasonal Events forum: an NPC merchant at the various locales that can sell us the old stuff, like in the Frostfell Village when that holiday swings 'round, and we can go clamming for the new stuff. Kaitheel wouldn't have to come up with like 87 new things, maybe just like 5-6 of them, but at the very least, we could happily get all our clamming done in a decent amount of time and be able to do other things, like the quests (and recipe books should ALWAYS be available, every year). ;->

EDIT: Whoops! Wrong event; I was thinking of Oceansfull...

Yep, there are the old things available on the Scorched Sky merchants, as well as new stuff. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

Glad to hear =) I had checked denmums site, but she referred to vendors and such, so for me it was unclear because I have never been to those vendors and do not know what they had, or if more than one, or who had what. So was clearing up that I could still get any of the items from previous years, this time around. =)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When you look for the celebrators (a good location is in Darklight Woods; another is on the Buccaneer Beach of Sinking Sands; another in the "upper level" of Butcherblock Mountains, where the Druid Ring and Griffin Travel Tower and other things like that are; Wiki has a pretty decent write-up on all the locales), the vendors will be with them also. :)

When in doubt, hover your cursor over the NPCs, and when it turns into a pile of coins, that's the vendor. Sadly, they look like any other celebrator unless you do that; imho, they need a bigger "name sign." ;->

I will say that the vendors carry the old stuff from what they had before (as well as new things this year), rather than any quest reward stuff. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Ok just tested the new instance , and it did not end well .
    My level 46 Conjuror , no merc , no deity pet , was not able to kill the waves fast enough and became fried frog legs twice .
    If I want to do this quest I will have to mentor down .
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

Nothing had changed from when I was looting the previous day. Same toon, standing in spot I left her, ready to play and loot. Was very weird. I didn't have time to try other characters, and when I went to do that today the servers were down so will have to try later.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Look for the ones with the title: Ember Merchant.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Then leaving the time between waves as is, will definitely be appreciated for some classes and levels.

Good to know!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Fennin Ro has always looked fairly demonic. The original written descriptions of the gods were pretty much chucked out the window back in 2002.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes indeed! Thanks for testing it, Schmet! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.