Oceansfull Is A Big Disappointment

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Almee, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Oceansfull has been a big disappointment this year, just like last year. I had problems wanting to play for a few months after Oceansfull last year, due to hours wasted trying to get the recipe book, and this year has been just as bad.

I collected 128 items, from the clams in Antonica, and never got the recipe book. So far, none of my characters, on Thurgadin, have found the book. I got 3 books on Maj'Dul and 2 on Public Test and that is after a dozen hours of play.

I am sick of spending hour after hour going around in circles opening clams when I don't have the recipe books (last year's and this year's) to go with the marine/sea theme. And please don't tell me to buy the books on the broker. I've seen the prices of both the books and the completed items (when they are even available) and they are way too expensive for non raiders. Hopefully the price will come down on this year's books when more are put on the brokers but last year's will still be way too expensive. It is a shame you didn't put that as a reward for the Overseer's Oceansfull quest this year.
  2. Robynous Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get more of what you really want rather than a big pile of stuff you don't want! My Carpenters have warehouses filled with that moaning turtle! The only issue would be what do people want? I'd be happy to have one of everything, but I'd like a lot of boats and dancing othmir! I don't do overseers, never worked out how, but I do like quests with rewards, like the running-around quests many festivals have where you choose the reward.
    Geroblue and Almee like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have more of both anchors than anything else. They are nice decorations, but I would prefer recipe books and more variety in the clams.
    Breanna and Robynous like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The purple shinies also: rusted sword hilt, and iron pendent of Prexus are popular. I have yet, over the past 2 years, filled up these and gotten the reward.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Komatus Well-Known Member

Same here. I am still trying to figure out what to do with all the extra common junk from the clams. What do you do with 2 dozen bamboo rafts? lol!
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I put the bamboo rafts in my several Mara Estates, and likely on the one Tinkerer's Island I have.

Helps decorate the Yun Zi Mara Estates.
    Komatus and Breanna like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Lash them together and make a bigger raft! :p
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

There are Oceansfull clam shells off the docks at The Commonlands ! I didn't know they were there. Deeper down, and there are some undead around. Not to mention sharks, so I wont mention them.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

There are shells in all 9 zones. If you're all competing for them in the same couple of zones that might explain why you're having so much trouble.
    Rushd, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was the only player off The Commonlands' docks on Sunday afternoon.
  11. Komatus Well-Known Member

Good idea! Thanks!
  12. Komatus Well-Known Member

I am sure I was on that dock with one of my toons Sunday....
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think I did see another toon on the docks, but I didn't see another player down in the ocean. Well, dark waters, kinda hard to see down there.

Maybe if there was a magnesium bright flare in Marketplace I could use on such excursions, I could see better down in the game's ocean.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Nono ... what was being said is that the 9 collection pieces are split across more than one zone. Three from one group of zones, three from another group of zones and the final three from another group of zones. If you're staying in the same zone, then you're ONLY going to get those three shinies and not finish the collection. This is actually how several live event collections work, encouraging you to move around and see different sights.

Here's the breakdown for you, so you can finish the collection before the event ends tomorrow night:

• Kedge Fossil, Kelpmaiden Scale, Broken Crown of Coral: Great Divide, Commonlands, Moors of Ykesha, Phantom Sea
    • Iron Pendant of Prexus, Rusted Sword Guard, Corroded Ancient Coin: Eastern Wastes, Kylong Plains, Antonica, Tranquil Sea
    • Tentacle Triden Icon, Cracked Wine Amphora, Abalone Carved Rune: Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, Obulus Frontier.
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Because this event needs a merchant, just like Scorched Sky. And we should be diving for pearls not house items or recipes/ Pearls that the potential merchant would sell stuff for.

Ah well, maybe next year someone will rework the event
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Uhm, I was just pointing out that if others want to try that area, there was no one else there.