Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There wasn't a lot of forward thinking when they made hats years and years ago. To go back for ears and frills to show would unfortunately be an enormous job!
    Breanna, Geroblue and Tkia like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Besides, having ears uncomfortable inside a helm isn't half as painful as having them lopped off in battle when not protected by one!
    Breanna and ttobey like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

When I worked on Pirates of the Burning Sea, the modelers really created hats the right way. Every hat was made with every hair piece so you didn't have bald people whenever you put a hat on.
  4. Boopydoodle Member

Dawww, dang. Oh well. Thank you for trying though!!! :D
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. Honeysparkle Tessabella

Could we please get a Siren player illusion like there is in eq1? Also would love a Bixie Petamorph wand! <3 Been hoping one would be added for forever!
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Potato Launcher
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

I think this is the nicest looking weapon in the game but is a quest reward only offered to 4 classes. It would be cool if they put it in the marketplace so anyone can have it for DBC.

[IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It looks like you have track pants on!
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

It is one of the Brawler Gis.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Kelvmor Active Member

Terrible taste! It's nice and ornate, but you've got yourself a wallhanger more than a combat weapon, there, friendo. :p
  11. Komatus Well-Known Member

It's always nice to see a job done right! Kudos to the people who did that!
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I want to see a return and reuse of old armor art assets for equipment that cannot be obtained in the game anymore.

I'm a monk on a mission to collect every unique brawler gi art asset in the game and catelogue how the playerbase can obtain them for themselves for their own appearances in the wardrobe, yet there've been over a dozen different brawler gis over the years that have been removed from the game with outdated quests, encounters, the reitemization of 2011, or have been accidentally patched out of loot tables for certain encounters.

I can list off all the unique ones and why they elude my grasp if you're interested.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

sure list away!
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Are you just posting 20 year old promotion video screen shots now?
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Repents New Member

Turn the giant velious turtle into a mount!
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

Actually MightyMeaghan posted the screen shot. Cushahorn is the one that should be doing the list for you.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We did that. Gamera's agent sued us.
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

\aITEM -505984198 -592547729:Acrimonious Gi\/a - Acrimonious Gi -- I *think* this came from the Battlegrounds but I can't find any information on where it actually came from.

\aITEM -321702373 2082314210:Ess Li's Resplendent Gi\/a - Ess Li's Resplendent Gi -- No known information on where this Brawler style gi ever came from. I thought it might've come from the PVP servers, but the last known server discovery was Skyfire in 2015.

\aITEM -2083631243 -1565525719:Dragonhusk Scaled Gi\/a - Dragonhusk Scaled Gi -- Drops off Venekor in the Fabled Temple of Cazic Thule. I've been camping him for over a year now trying to get this, but the issue is that he only ever drops two armor items from a massive loot pool of around 50-60 different items. I will keep camping if I have to, but that beautiful green color on the Sathirian style gi is something I want to get my hands on.

\aITEM -241349213 1975587725:Expert Plague Doctor's Tunic\/a - Plague Doctor's Tunic -- *SUPPOSED* to drop off Bhaly Adan, the final boss encounter for Plane of Disease: The Source (Heroic and Expert), but it's either a really low drop rate or no longer coded in the loot table.

\aITEM 936888683 694361195:Garatch Mot Gi\/a - Garatch Mot Gi -- I camped Sundered Splitpaw: Brutal Acts of War for over half a year and can confirm it has been removed from the loot pool. The last known server discovery was in 2017 on the Thurgadin server. Please check to see that the loot table isn't missing any items.

\aITEM 1223371239 709180119:Gi of the Eternal Battlefield\/a - Gi of the Eternal Battlefield -- Last known server discovery was Isle of Refuge in 2017. This legendary-quality gi *supposedly* drops from trash mobs in the Tower of Tactics heroic zone in Drunder, but all information I can find is that it has a nearly impossible drop rate of 0.00056%. It's an absolutely beautiful dress-style gi (That doesn't have football shoulderpads) that I know a lot of people would love to have for appearances, myself included, but why such a nearly impossible drop rate for a legendary item that is designed to be replaced by more easily obtainable raid gear from the Drunder raid zones themselves? My suggestion: Just increase the drop rate to something above 1%.

\aITEM -903199684 -1234459207:Lordly Martial Kunzar Gi\/a and \aITEM -1809879563 -646097774:Lordly Bellicose Kunzar Gi\/a - Lordly Martial Kunzar Gi & Lordly Bellicose Kunzar Gi -- Last server discoveries was the Kaladim server in 2020, Isle of Refuge in 2017, and Fallen Gate in 2018. I literally cannot find any information on where these gis are supposed to drop. The naming convention with other Kunzar items in the set (which do drop) proves it to be in Kunzar Jungle, but I've killed just about every last named encounter I can find multiple times and they have not dropped.

\aITEM -675665960 -280376272:Shadowmeld Gi\/a - Shadowmeld Gi -- Originally found from the Corrupted Primal Velium Breastplate armor crate that drops off Tserrina Syl'Tor in the Tower of Frozen Shadow: Haunt of Syl'Tor. Last known server discovery was the Isle of Refuge in 2018. The Corrupted Primal Velium armor crates no longer drop from the encounter, so none of the armors for any class can be found anymore. There are matching appearance arm gear that still drops from the Drunder raid zones. Suggestion: Add them back to the loot table of the encounter.

\aITEM -1517485933 1332695551:primordial Gi of the Brute\/a and \aITEM -305110464 2090677080:primordial Gi of the Cenobite\/a - Primordial Gi of the Brute & Cenobite -- Originally dropped from Irradiated armor crates that used to be found on Packmaster Denkya Packlasher in the Tower of Tactics heroic zones. She no longer drops any Irradiated armor crates. Last server discovery was the Isle of Refuge in 2019.

\aITEM -1288782947 522569482:Steel Stitched Gi\/a - Steel Stitched Gi -- The original Bruiser Gi awarded from the original armor quest from when you had to reach level 20 in order to upgrade your Brawler class into Bruiser. The AQ quests were updated with new rewards (still available to obtain), but this Gi is no longer obtainable.

\aITEM 1144901881 -285189728:Tranquil Tunic\/a - Tranquil Tunic -- Used to drop off the old Avatar encounters from the Echoes of Faydwere and Rise of Kunark expansions before they were removed from the game (except the Avatar of War, who still spawns in Zek, but does not have this in his loot pool). Last known server discovery was on the Splitpaw server in 2016. Suggestion: Please just put the old Avatar encounters back in the game. Yes, they are outdated. Yes, they can be one-shotted by anyone over level 100 like most old-world content, but they all have a LOT of really unique weapons and armor that has never been seen in the game since.

\aITEM 2106968534 -1119869874:Enchanted Gi of War\/a - Enchanted Gi of War -- Dropped from the old Avatar encounters. Please add them back in.

\aITEM 1787239030 -412469746:Tunic of Maligned Intention\/a - Tunic of Maligned Intention -- Used to be purchasable from the Battlegrounds merchants before they were taken out of the game. This Yellow and Grey Faydwere-style gi is absolutely unique and beautiful! Last known server discovery was Splitpaw in 2016.

\aITEM -213223515 1996564957:Tunic of Meditation\/a - Tunic of Meditation -- Purchased from the Battlegrounds merchants.

\aITEM -217402433 -1602699738:Tunic of Whispered Echoes\/a - Tunic of Whispered Echoes - Purchased from the Battlegrounds merchants.

\aITEM -1921036113 639300671:Quarrelsome Tunic\/a - Quarrelsome Tunic - Purchased from the Battleground merchants. Somehow last discovered on Isle of Refuge in 2018.

\aITEM -803586783 1022293474:Tunic of the Antagonist\/a - Tunic of the Antagonist - Purchased from the Battleground merchants. This bright yellow & black Sathirian style gi is really beautiful!

\aITEM 1318509152 -367377698:Wu's Enlightened Chestwraps\/a - Wu's Enlightened Chestwraps -- Used to drop from the old Avatar encounters. Please add them back into the game.

\aITEM 370804591 -957699418:Lonetusk Gi\/a - Lonetusk Gi -- Last known server discovery was Isle of Refuge in 2016. I can't confirm if "A Lonetusk Devastator" even still spawns in The Ruins zone off of Freeport.

\aITEM 1555974057 -1266089742:Talvus Woven Gi\/a - Talvus Woven Gi -- Originally a reward for completing the quest "Reverse Engineering, Part 1" from Trun'gul Nybright in Lesser Faydark. It has since been removed from the game with the reitemization of 2011 and is no longer obtainable.

\aITEM 1823118508 -627391074 0 0 0:Gi of the Rockpounder Master\/a - Gi of the Rockpounder Master -- Originally dropped off Commander Ursus in Kaladim back when that zone was a level 70 heroic zone. When the zone was converted into level 30, the gi was not properly converted and kept on his loot pool.

\aITEM -1864373385 -650626270:Cuirass of the Connoisseur\/a -- Cuirass of the Connoisseur -- Originally a quest reward for completing "Honoring the Master Chef" in Kylong Plains. It has since been removed from the game with the Reitemization of 2011.

\aITEM 1662574554 1206439956:Initiate's Threaded Gi\/a - Initiate's Threaded Gi -- This gi was added as the quest reward for "A New Dress, NOW!" in Antonica with the 2011 Reitemization. Sure enough, this gi is still obtainable by anyone who completes the quest, but the reward itself is NO TRADE. This is a bit of a sore point for me, because I asked customer service if they could reward this to me, but apparently completing the quest seven years earlier in 2004 when the game first launched is not a valid excuse to claim the reward after it was added. Please just remove the NO TRADE tag so it can be traded at least with an alt and give it to my main.

\aITEM 1720972789 -809011063:Gi of the Shadow Lurker\/a - Gi of the Shadow Lurker -- Originally purchasable from the world event merchants during the GU46 and GU47 world events in the build-up to The Shadowed Odyssey expansion. This unique black colored Faydwere style gi hasn't been seen ever since... though it was last discovered on the Isle of Refuge server in 2016.

\aITEM 1571997232 877092209:blue dragon gi\/a
    \aITEM -1467787530 -1267577945:mauve dragon gi\/a
    \aITEM -1764015932 1509017669:teal dragon gi\/a - Blue, Mauve, and Teal Dragon Gi -- Purchased from the monthly city festivals. These things are too beautiful to just be TEMPORARY and not allowed to be permanently added into my wardrobe.

There's also a few uniquely colored gis that only the Guides are allowed to wear. Fair enough that those can be special and never be obtainable by the playerbase...

There's also a lot of Gi art assets that were *never* turned into wearable items in the first place. This link to my Imgur has pictures of all the NPCs I could find in the game that are wearing variations that were never itemized. I'm pretty sure that Juggernaut Bouncer is wearing a slightly darker variation of Tumpy's Heroes Gi from the marketplace. The bright yellow Brawler style gi worn by the Monks at the Silent Fist Dojo in Elddar Grove. The Red with Black Trim Monk-style gi worn by the blood cult prophetess in that zone in Everfrost, the Silent Fist ambassador in Mara, etc etc.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Repents New Member

RIP flying Lodizal dreams