Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Scorched Sky Celebration is active on Test!

You need not fear any of the devotees of Flame you are bound to encounter across Norrath during this time of celebration. Within the flames all mettle is tempered, that which is weak, distracting, and fleeting is burned away, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient! Join them in lifting up the Tyrant of Fire and the Burning Prince and you too will know the cleansing intensity of Fire.

Bear witness to feats of burning devotion and infernal dedication being performed in the name of Ro by devotees at Buccaneer Beach in The Sinking Sands. The resulting flame may lead you on paths you never thought existed.

If you wish to perform a task as part of the festival, speak with Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood, or Estmund Vynaan in Lavastorm. They would be thankful for any assistance.

New Features for '21!
    • TLE servers
      • Kaladim - The entire event is active!
      • Tarinax- "Festive Fireworks” city quests and special event merchant are available in the cities.
    • Live servers
      • New Quest
        • Feats of Burning Devotion - Offered by Devotee Aborasah at Buccaneer Beach in The Sinking Sands.
      • The Ember Merchants have 34 new items available, including new building blocks and a new flying mount!
      • A Sparkler Merchant, found in any player city, is now also exclusively selling a Wyrmscale Armwrap.

Returning Features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro in 9 different zones.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elemental for Coin of Ember.
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Conflagrant Rites – Crozier Quest
      • Conflagrant Rites – Bringing Flame Bearers
      • Conflagrant Rites – Cinderstone Heist
    • Quests
      • The Heat Is On - Repeatable every year
      • "Festive Fireworks” city quests - Repeatable
    • Collection
      • Corilac Gem Stones

This event content is currently set to run 06/25/2021 at 12:01 AM PT until 07/08/2021 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread. Any feedback submitted after 6/20 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel, wonderful job to all! :)
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*sings* I'm going to the Flame festivel after dinner! HEY!
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Before anyone puts in a /bug on it, the Pyrebringer's Whip previews with a flame effect, but when you (or a mannequin or a house actor) equip it, you do not see the flame effect. It only bursts into flame during combat -- you don't want to be setting the whole town on fire, do you?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. The Martian Active Member

Question are the purple Shinies suppose to be trackable?

If so there is a problem in CL... They are not..... Bug it?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I just went to CL and verified - they track just fine with track harvestables.

Did you, perchance, have the track harvestables window open while zoning? If so, that makes it stop working.
  8. Frulia Member

The new mount cannot be used as a flying mount appearance, and it also allows ground mounts (like horses) to fly when I use them as a mount appearance.
    I recorded a video to show the two glitches.

Is the mount classified as a ground mount in the game code somehow?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Wow 34 new items that's insane
    And I am still paddling around in the ocean looking for shells , hmm maybe I should bring some shells and make
    clam chowder.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for that arm wrap I really wanted one of those :D
    And thanks for all those other interesting and nice looking items .
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, no! I like the idea of my ground mounts being able to fly...that's as much a "horrible glitch" as that no object collision "rock" was in the Moonlight Grottoes! (Which means, hey devs: keep the "glitch" and pretend that was your idea all along. ;->)

Uwk
    who actually would like a flying mount to be used as a flying mount appearance, though... :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! It sets you on FIRE? Does the other thing do any actual thermal damage to the toon, or should I just hush up and check it out myself? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, question: why is it that the Tyrant of Fire's plushie avatar Replica thing you can get from the quest, Feats of Burning Devotion, look like a freakin' demon??

It's like Prexus is now supposed to look like Cthulhu (or a DnD mind flayer; careful with that, DBG), rather than the fairly handsome merman he looks like in the Wiki write-up on him:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/e...est/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20070902105234

Ostensibly, stick a Tidal Hunter-type upper body on the tail of a naiad ('cause once you get below the waist, who can tell? ;->) and color that tail deep turquoise or whatever, and boom, Prexus.

Likewise, Fennin Ro, according to the Wiki: "Fennin manifests himself as a large male humanoid with barbaric features including a beard of flame, glowing red eyes, pointed ears, and fangs."

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/e...est/scale-to-width-down/160?cb=20061022022650

Okay, the fangs could be a little spooky, but a freakin' demon?? Why? Wouldn't it be easier to just kick up the size of the various humanoid/fire elemental genie types and boom, Fennin Ro? With maybe fangs? :-/ Or just an average male inhabitant of Maj'Dul (the city), cranked up in size, and on fire? Amorous Ali from Brewday, only wearing red and like 8'-10' tall? ;->

Any on-the-border-of-maybe-accepting-that-their-teenage-kid-might-want-to-play-this-game parent would take one look at that freakin' demon and forbid them to get anywhere near this game, let alone pay good money for it ("You are NOT worshipping that!" "Mom, it's just my fictional character, not me -- all right, fine..."). :-/

So...Prexus and Fennin Ro are Evil now. Lovely.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, this is massively nit-picky, freely admitted, but the [building block type] of Obsidian (woot! new building blocks! Thanks! :D) is listed on the merchants like:

Block of Obsidian.[15]

While it is nice to see punctuation here and there, none of the other categories have the . between the last word and the number in the set?

EDIT: Also slightly nit-picky: when we got the Tiles for Cracked Lava and Obsidian (thanks again! :D), the names went Cracked Lava Tile and Obsidian Tile, respectively, but Floor Tile of Sun Scale remained the same (not sure why it was even named that way in the first place; this is Scorched Sky, not Tinkerfest ;->).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't set you on fire. Neither of the house items in the video do any harm, it was just me being silly about running through the flames.
  16. The Martian Active Member

Hmmm Quoting does seem to work for me either....

My machine may be acting weird.... (No there are no Viruses etc)..

Today the Shinies Track. Yesterday they didn't... I opened and closed the tracking twice... logged in. again... Shut down the PC, and logged in again... Still didn't work... This morning low and behold it does...

It should be noted --> All the other harvestables tracked fine... So I was kinda worried there... otherwise I would not have mentioned it.

I can't explain it.. but I am keeping my eyes open... Thanks guys for checking me on this.

The Martian
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It did look like the Bouncer thingee torched you a little, but that could've been just a special effect associated with it. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...if you hit the Reply button, it should just automatically quote stuff for you. Odd...

The special purple shinies for the event? Yeah, they should all track, all the time; not sure why they weren't yesterday. :-/

On the other hand, I wasn't actively Tracking for them yesterday, just sort of tripped over them on my way to other stuff.

Uwk
    The Martian and Breanna like this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

You were correct, Frulia! I had correctly marked one file as flying, but missed it in another. Thank you!

That should be resolved in a future update, in time for the event on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I'll be resolving that unintended punctuation. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel