Fixed Internally In-game voice chat not working for new recruits

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ponygirl, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

When I create a new alt, the alt is unable to enter guild voice chat (or any chat, for that matter), even though it is set to Guild Leader status. It's only newer alts that I've created within the last few months; any of my other characters get through just fine. All characters on the same account, which has a lifetime membership.
    Sunlei and WhysperWynde like this.
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

The original post in this thread was made on January 31, 2021. Today is May 1, 2021. The bug has been acknowledged by dbg, but still nothing has been done to fix it. A time has been established as to when this bug was introduced into the game. Find someone who knows how to fix it, please. Three months...
    Lucymae, Sunlei, WhysperWynde and 2 others like this.
  3. Tieron Member

Yeah I can confirm that this is still not working. The guild I'm in exclusively uses in-game voice chat - so this is a little annoying.
    Lucymae, Sunlei and WhysperWynde like this.
  4. Trynbuy Member

PLEASE GET IT FIX AND STOP PUSHING THE BLAME ON SOMEONE ELSE AND JUST FIX IT
    Lucymae, Sunlei and WhysperWynde like this.
  5. Zylara Well-Known Member

still not working, its not good for new players when they cant join in and hear wats going on
    Lucymae, Sunlei and Breanna like this.
  6. Geoffry New Member

OK, here is what I came up with for a "work around" on the Guild Voice issue for the new signups

Custom Voice Channel

Press "v" to open the Voice Users window

Right click down where the names appear and choose "Voice Options"

Near the top center you will find Custom Channels

In the Channel Name box type in <Your Guild Name> (this is a generic template substitute what ever you choose for <Your Guild Name> and don't put in the < > angle brackets

In the password type in <password>(Copy and paste works) this is a generic template substitute what ever you choose for <password> and don't put in the < > angle brackets. AlphaNumeric and _ are only accepted characters

Then click Add below that

In the Box below Add should show what you choose as the Channel name

This HAS been tested and confirmed working with characters that could NOT use Guild Voice chat.

Enjoy!
    Breanna likes this.
  7. RoyalWatcher New Member

...players finding their own workaround. Maybe you should get a check Geoffry; why work for free? ;)
    Sunlei, WhysperWynde and Geoffry like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

and soon, it will be four months. This is probably one of the best indications thus far of how bad things have gotten. I'm sorry if I sound "harsh," but this is pathetic. A non-working guild voice chat in an MMO. Talk about an oxymoron.
    Sunlei likes this.
  9. Geoffry New Member

I retired from tech support... it's what I do. What can I say? :)
    Sunlei likes this.
  10. morderir Active Member

well its more than 4 month now .....:( and its still not solved
    Lucymae and Sunlei like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Sunlei and Breanna like this.
  12. Ratagnan New Member

Here's the response (not the canned, auto-reply when you submit a ticket) I got when I submitted my 2nd ticket (4 months after the 1st) on the problem of not being able to connect to <Guild> voice chat with a new toon:

Flora "Violetann" R. (Daybreak Games)
    Jun 15, 2021, 2:52 PM PDT
    Greetings!

I understand you're having some trouble with your guild voice chat not working properly. This seems to be bugging occasionally. Unfortunately, this isn't something that In Game CS can assist with. We'll send in a bug report but I strongly advise that you also submit a /bug report with all the details so it can be looked into and fixed. You might also want to upvote/post on the Bug Reports Forum here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ice-chat-not-working-for-new-recruits.598294/.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

GM Violetann
    EQII Customer Support

And here's the response I got in Feb:

Game Master (Daybreak Games)
    Feb 13, 2021, 6:39 PM PST
    Greetings Adventurer,

I understand you're having some trouble with your guild voice chat not working properly. This seems to be bugging occasionally. Unfortunately, this isn't something that In Game CS can assist with. We'll send in a bug report but I strongly advise that you also submit a /bug report with all the details so it can be looked into and fixed. You might also want to upvote/post on the Bug Reports Forum here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ice-chat-not-working-for-new-recruits.598294/.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
    Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC

The exact same response! They are using Bots to handle their tickets. I wonder if Violetann or Serl are real people or just the names they gave their bots. They don't care about helping their PAYING customers!
    Sunlei and Manafizzle like this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

They're not using bots, Violetann has been there for years and is very helpful. What answer were you hoping for exactly? They already told you this type of problem is out of their control. Did you think if you keep repeating the same questiom CS people might all go out and get some computer network training so they can magically fix your problem? Not going to happen. Totally different skill sets and departments.

Yes. it's a copy/paste response for problem number 237 from the template list. In a resource limited support department it has to be. It's currently a repeated question with a standard answer that is never going to change. If they took the time to craft a more personal response to it, you'd be happier but somebody else would be complaining about how long it took for them to even get a response as a result.

This isn't a CS problem, it's likely not even a dev problem, but a platform problem. Instead of complaining about one department not doing another departmet's job your time would be better spent following their original instructions and keeping the bug thread current and updated with as much additional information as possible to help the platfom team track down and fix the problem for everybody.
    Sunlei, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  14. Ratagnan New Member

I checked the "Voice Chat" option on the Chat tab and saw the following error in the chat window when I tried to connect to the <Guild> voice chat channel:

Failed to join channel '<Guild>': Invalid password or access denied

The toon that is unable to connect is the same guild rank as most of my other toons that can connect to <Guild> chat so I don't think it's a guild permission issue. As for a password, it's <Guild> chat an not a custom channel so I don't see how you CAN set a password. I think this has been mentioned before on a duplicate thread but I posted it here in hopes that it will help.
    Sunlei likes this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

They are real people. They do care about helping people, but this problem isn't anything they can do anything about. It's a platform issue and has been occurring since much earlier in the year. Unfortunately, however, no one seems to give a damn about communicating with people about when it's going to get fixed. All you'll hear is, "bug it." Well, it's been bug reported since it started the last time we had a platform "fix" back in early March.
    Sunlei and Breanna like this.
  16. Zylara Well-Known Member

Alot of new people who joined our guild dont even hang around much these days, they are so frustrated at not being able to talk in guild chat and i cant type every single damn thing thats happening within the time they may log on then log off if looks like nothing happening at the time...I dont care whos to *blame* I just want it fixed and yes would be wonderful if we could actually hear updates on it even if its yes they are working on it but they seem to have an issue with bob not meshing with betty properly!
    Sunlei and Manafizzle like this.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Amen.
  18. Genyen65 New Member

Well I put in a request as well for help on this issue and got solved added to end of support request and sent here, and as yet no fix, no help, and no support.
  19. Greeney New Member

This problem has been ongoing for awhile is there a fix in the works or are we destined to never have guild voice chat. This affects new players and those who switch guilds.
  20. Genyen65 New Member

Problem is getting worse and all I keep getting is forwarded to forums and a closed ticked with no resolution at all. Affecting all my accounts not just the one I post with.