Fixed Internally Lost in the Forest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cheeky Monkey, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Cheeky Monkey New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Nektulos Forest
    Character: Level 31 Shadowknight

Summary: lost in the forest
    Description: did a little online checking too before bothering yall. i have quest checked and im standing on the location exactly as seen on map and coords found online. i know im supposed to pick up a little glowing thing minus the ? ive been here a half dozen times and i dont see anything anywhere. up and down the Nmars ascent etc
  2. Ephras Active Member

Name of quest?

Ephras
  3. Cheeky Monkey New Member

lost in the forest
  4. Ephras Active Member

Strange I didn't realize the title of your post was the name of the quest. Hmm...

So, I did the quest and found the shiny at the location shown on the Wiki at:
    /waypoint -341, 0, -348

Check it out at: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_in_the_Forest

Ephras
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I was not able to reproduce this issue, Cheeky Monkey.

I looked at the item and I made sure it didn't have any unnecessary requirements to see it. It may have been that someone else had recently found it, so it wasn't there for you. I'd suggest you return to the waypoint Ephras provided to search for it again.

Good luck!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Ephras Active Member

After reading the initial post again, I figured out the problem.

In Nektulos Forest the map highlights any nearby regions that are important to the quests that you're working on. According to the highlight on the map for "Lost in the Forest," the location of the shiny is much farther north on the road near N'Mar's Ascent -- the highlight on the map is wrong.

According to the quest information on the Wiki, the location of the shiny is near the top of Behemoth Pond at ( /waypoint -341, 0, -348 ) which is correct.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! I suspect that map marker was meant to indicate the start of the Freeport Militia's path at N'Mar's Ascent, but that is inconsistent with how other quests use map regions. I'll be changing that!

Thank you, Ephras!

~ Kaitheel
    Ephras and Breanna like this.