Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Only in my dreams, they're riding red panda mounts
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Your dreams are my nightmares.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol sounds like a twisted dream .

And no ttobey no more pink cubes ( to bad ) besides that it was kind of strange when I did my New Hallas crafting quest on my Freeport toon and got taken to prison by 3 pink cubs .
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Now ttobey just gave me an idea because of his fortification attempts on the moon .
    how about next time instead of pink cubes we can have cubes of different cheeses , some could have bite marks , even missing chunks .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Kelvmor Active Member

Any word on this? :D
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No sorry, I totally forgot.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, don't let the moon glow distract you then. :)
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

So, we were looking at appearance mounts on Tarinax today. Sadly, Hubby had purchased a good looking Warg mount for DBC early on, but could no longer use it once he'd purchased the dino mount pack. Another guildie purchased one of the squirrel mounts today, same issue.

Can the Frostshadow Tryanodon be adjusted, so that other DBC mounts can cover it? Most folks are running around with one of the few claimable flying mounts covering it, even though they might want to purchase something snazzier.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the problem is that Wargs and squirrels don't fly .
    I have to say that for some time I have been able to use ground mounts to cover up les than good looking mounts and sore
    through the sky on a simple horse or , really scary , a spider . ( maybe not )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The issue is that on Tarinax, you cannot really purchase flying mounts, hence most mounts which are available will not work as appearance for the dino. You can access a few flying mounts via claim, but only from the last couple expacs. The only decent appearance mount that works with it is the Flame-Branded Steed, which came with the Anniversary Pack or whatever it was prior to the Velious pack. I have that mount on one toon, but that pack is no longer available.

Overall, the game is missing out on revenue. Players which want to purchase an appearance mount to cover the dino cannot do so.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea , Kitty I know this is also a problem . every time with new mounts because on Kaladim you used to be able to cover any mount up as long as it di not leave the ground , I still get the message you can not use this mount for appearance on this
    mount , and it would work anyway , the new dino just has to learn how to behave on Kaladim and or Tarinax .
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ON the regular servers I was able to use a level 95 mount as appearance , even so I am not that level yet ,than they came out with the next x-pack and suddenly that was not possible anymore .
    I now can show of my nice level 95 mount on my level 70 toon again :) :D.
    So let's hope this big dino sized problem has a solution too .
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

How do you know if you don't try ?
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well I have taken to the sky on weirder creatures than that nowadays I would not be surprised to ride a flying fish or ,
    shocks a flying elephant .
    But in this case I am speaking about what mounts are designed to do .
    I think I have see a warg with wings , but that's not the problem here .
    I think Kittybock would gladly grab any good looking mount to cover up that giant dino , if it would work .
  15. Komatus Well-Known Member

I forget it's name, but the flying Thalumbra mount was like kind of an eelish looking thing. :eek:
    Geroblue likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I like that one , besides that it makes me seasick just looking at it ( turns a greenish color just thinking of it )
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Komatus Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that we don't have flying Llamas....;)
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we need more Tater tots .
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, as stat food.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Rifuul Anashti's Goon Squad

Hello! Dropping in again to mention illusion stuff.

The Tallonite Defender illusion from LoN (pictured below) does NOT have a male appearance. If you use it on a male character, the illusion product is still a girl. This is a bit frustrating in terms of RP....and also, I'm a guy -- a trans one at that, and the escapism element that comes with playing EQ2 helps me not focus so much dysphoria and chronic pain/illness issues, so I generally don't want want my male characters stuck with a female graphic.

Now. I love the Kerig'dal girls. They're incredibly pretty, and the models overall are just so darn cool, but if I wanted a girl character, I'd roll one. ;)

For some illusions, I guess I can understand why that's the case given the context/title of the illusion, but for this one, it's extremely disappointing, and I really feel it should have a male graphic :(
    [IMG]

The Prowess of the Kerig'dal and Mastery of the Kerig'dal illusions both offer the option of a unique appearance for the females, using a different model than the NOTD Vallonite costume, giving female characters the option to use 2 different Kerig'dal models (the Prowess & Mastery use a different model than the NOTD illusion.) Those who use male character models do not get to enjoy this level of diversity.

[IMG]
    (There's also the matter of the small typo in the description! Whoops!)
    [IMG]
    But fear not! I have a solution!!!

Since both the Mastery of the Kerig'dal and Prowess of the Kerig'dal illusions, and the NOTD Vallonite illusion all use the same THIS model for men (same overall model, with the only difference being having either a red or blue uniform):

[IMG]

I propose that THIS model is added for the male appearance of the Tallonite Defender illusion from LoN, thus fixing both issues of diversity and the issue of the Tallonite Defender lacking a male appearance entirely:
    [IMG]

I'd be endlessly grateful to see this change implemented at some point :oops: I know it's a small thing, but it's still important to me, and I know devs are probably tied up with next expansion monsters and stuff, but when y'all can look into it, I would be much obliged.
    Geroblue likes this.