Larger Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by AOE1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fuel Depot definitely needs to be a little bigger. At least make it 60 slots, so if we get two of them somehow, we're assured of having a slot for every sort of fuel.

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They should have the same number of slots as a harvest depot or more than that.
    Cylob, AOE1 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know , but didn't they used to be bigger ?
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's my memory too, but I could be wrong...not sure. By the time I felt the need for Personal Harvest Depots, it wasn't 'til then that I'd needed Fuel ones, too (mostly for the Frostfell crafting stations). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

If the took "lore" off of them it would be a huge help. Then we could make and have more of what we need in our houses. The guild halls have large ones and that is fine but I am not wanting to put everything in a guild hall. I have all my crafters using one house to craft in and it is just fine, just need bigger boxes OR remove the "lore". But I see that apparently they are totally ignoring this thread of simply don't give a darn. So again, the community needs are not that important.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have two. 1 is 50/50 and the other is 30 (from the marketplace) Still not enough and some fuels won't go in them at all (Frostfell fuels for one)

They did increase the personal harvest depots some years back to what is it now and if you had made some of the original you can use them in the same house and the bigger ones. If you don't, your out of luck now. They cannot be made. Wish I had known that before they changed it. I would have made many more of those. As it is I had only made 3 so at least I can have those AND the larger one in my house and they are all pretty close to being full.

To solve the potion issue, I put in a Potion cabinet that I can put the potions in and when I need one or more I just go there and take them out. They hold 88. So probably a Furniture cabinet would help in other areas.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I wind up stowing a lot of house items, building blocks, etc. on the Broker (in the Not For Sale Crate [5 points for whichever student from whichever House can recognize the reference;->]); if nothing else, with the Broker Anywhere function for members, I can get stuff out of there again easily...as long as I remember what I put in there... X-P

I'm surprised that the Frostfell fuel isn't going in your Fuel Depot, AOE; works just fine in mine, I have a Harvest Depot and Fuel Depot in each of my server's FF crafting Mistmoores. Is that something that changed recently? :(

Uwk
    who also thinks taking off the silly LORE tag would be the best solution ;->
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And I know how this is gonna sound, but moving this over to Norrathian Homeshow -> Wishlists might actually get it noticed! /crossing_fingers

We've gotten stuff from our requests there before. :)

Uwk
    Hartsmith, AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

The depots on the marketplace are not lore and you can have as many as you like. And as long as that is the case it's highly unlikely they're going to eat into their revenue stream by increasing sizes or removing the lore tags on the crafted versions. As far as the company is concerned the solution to your problem is already available - on the marketplace.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, odd. i have several fuel depots with Frostfell items in them.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

That is for sure. Why would they bother to do anything that helps their player base? Silly me!
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Now you're getting the idea! o_O
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They also would cost me more real world money than I can afford. Food comes first.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

I totally agree, but sadly that's not how greedy corporate bean counters look at things :(
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, if they want me to buy some of those, lower prices is the way for them to go. I realize they have to meet payroll, electricity bills, etc. But I need a break to.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A real sale would be nice... :-/

Uwk
    who remembers when they used to do those...
    Hartsmith, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

What is a real sale? You mean where they jacked up prices to outlandish amounts so they can discount them and only make a 100x profit as in they do in real life items?
  18. Xianthia Well-Known Member

For me, a "real" sale for me would be 50% as they've actually done those in the past and for quite a few times. It's been a long time since they had 50% off on a sale (at least iirc).

As to your comment about having them jack up the prices, have they actually done that in the past? I don't remember that happening at all or at least in recent memory.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

And on a much larger range of items. If they keep limiting the discounts to things like familiars and all the stupid levelling mechanics junk they ain't never going to get my money.
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have no idea why my frostfell fuels will not go into one of the fuel depots but I will try again. As it is, I put them in the vault so I can get them out when I need them (I craft in one house and not a guild hall). Problem is that each character has to use up 3 storage slots that way. will try again. Hope it works.
    You would not know it if they did. They don't tell you and unless you knew the original value you would never know, even in the real world. Whether DB, SONY or any other past name did that, I certainly don't know. I just know that 'sales' isn't always what they appear to be anyplace.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.