Through the Belly of the Beast

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dawsonator, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Melkior Well-Known Member

Are people not making the calming items? I thought that was what they were for. I actually haven't tried the line on my real low level adventurers yet. Guess I need to find some time to try it.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

While I get what you're saying, in the past, there was a large dev team that could make sprawling sections of terrain where aggro mobs could be avoided. Those days are past. Now, you see a small area of terrain jammed with aggro mobs. Given the current atmosphere, I'd suspect anyone thinking low level adv people are going to get a "pass" on levelling their toon and harvesting in new zones is probably kidding themselves.
    Doobius270 likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

not a clue. i typically don't run low level alts through a higher tier's tradeskill line unless i absolutely need it, and i usually just have my husband help me through areas i find difficult to navigate. /shrugs it's never been a big deal to me.

the maps in the last few expansions have been getting progressively larger. they could have easily left a non-aggro path for folks and if you're ninja enough, you can still get around the current maps for the most part.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

They might be "larger," but there's less useable terrain from my perspective. And the inability to fly unless you do one or the other sig line poses its own issues. Think we're agreeing to disagree on the outcome or ramifications, haha.
    Hartsmith and Mercychalice like this.
  5. Doobius40504 Active Member

If you can sneak around in the Shard of Hate for the Eye Spy TS quest, you should be able to dodge ANYthing!
    Chikkin likes this.