Memorial Day Bonuses and Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, May 26, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Norrathians! Lend me your ears!

Memorial Day weekend will be upon us soon: a time to reflect and be thankful. To all our players missing loved ones across the globe, know that you have our deepest appreciation. This weekend, we would like to do our small part in bringing our EQ2 family together. Look for these bonuses across our servers.

Live Servers:
    • Limited Time Familiar Training Drops
    • Vaulted Familiars will be back in the Marketplace at a 20% discount.
    Time-Locked Servers:
    • Double Sentinel's Fate Hunter's Coins Drops
    PvP Servers:
    • Double Personal Status

The bonus weekend and sale will begin at 12:01 AM PDT on Saturday, May 29, 2021, and will end at 11:59 PM PT on Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
    Cassta, Dyss, Schmetterling and 4 others like this.
  2. Dyss Member

Thanks :) Was hoping for exp or status bonus, but this is good - and appreciated.
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I presume, as is usual, that these bonuses are for subscribing members only?
  4. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Will the limited familiar drops be from mission rewards as they were in BoL? Thank you!
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Meeps and devs for the bonus. Double exp and/or status is always nice of couse. However, I am excited about the familiar drops and MP sales. Thanks! :)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sundown New Member

I do not understand much of this announcement (Personal status, Hunter's Coins, Vaulted Familiar, etc). Perhaps I am not the only one coming back to Norrath after a 10+ years break (thanks Tarinax). Please keep us in mind when you communicate to players, it might help us feeling more welcome into the game we love!
    PS: Does personal status mean faction status?
    Cassta and Tedra like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Status_points
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Sundown New Member

Cassta likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Those don't help me. Sigh.
    Cassta and Tkia like this.
  10. Jiggamann Member

i understand where your coming from but MOST of the population isnt new, there are lots of helpful people in game that will answer questions about these things the eq2 wiki is great and google is a powerful tool :) happy hunting
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Personal status is the same as it was ages ago. That hasn't changed. You can even get it in pretty much the same way as you could back in the day. Writs, heritage quests, selling certain drops, signature quests, etc.

Vaulted generally means it's something that was retired from circulation (like Disney has been known to do with it's films).

Familiar training potions do just that, help you 'train" aka level, your familiar.

For information about familiars:
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Familiars

For general purposes, when people talk about Familiars, we are talking about the second type, not the fluff spells for Wizards & Warlocks.
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Ghosting Member

Woot! This is awesome especially since I get to take advantage of all 3 different types of server events. I have characters on live, Kaladim, and Tarinax. This is much appreciated, especially the double hunter coins (I still need 8 more coins for my second piece). Also the familiar training drops are fantastic too (gotta level up those familiars) =).
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  13. Kattt Well-Known Member

Can you please give us a clue as to where these drops will be coming from so we know what of the hundreds of things to do in game, to focus on more to benefit from this?
    Just overseers, etc....what?
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Obano Well-Known Member

They drop from solo dailies, overland repeatable quests, and point of interest quests.
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

Any mission / mission weekly in RoS
    Cassta likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

What's the reason to spend money on outdated familiars?

Maybe - but really only maybe - for optic if they are reduced to 20% ;)
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Mypnodroga New Member

Do the Familiar xp items only drop from RoS missions, or do they also drop from missions in earlier expansions?

New to all of this, so any help -- even if it seems like it would be obvious -- is much appreciated. Thanks!
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Zinj Well-Known Member

Pride Familiars for 4th of July need a RED WHITE and BLUE one!
    Cassta and Breanna like this.