Time Compression, Ancient Fury und Upbeat Tempo

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Coriel, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Coriel Active Member

With RoS, Time Compression was entirely changed. It's now an ADC buff and an increase to profession spells.

Ancient Fury adds ticks. TC's restriction in regard to Ancient Fury - AF is suspended if TC is active - should be re-evaluated (and IMHO removed).
    Upbeat tempo adds ticks and cast/reuse/recovery haste. The restrictions of Time Compression in regard to Upbeat Tempo should be re-evaluated (and IMHO removed).
    Risxsoul likes this.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

agreed.

the restriction of TimeCompression not stacking with extra ticks is a hold-over of age-past when ability-double cast was impossible to cap and thus way way more poweful than it is now. there is really no reason why it still conflicts with Ancient Fury. it's just a forgotten footnote in a mechanics dev diary, that if evaluated with a fresh pair of eyes and current lay of the stats land, has no legs to still stand on. just another grain of the sand-dunes that are dripping thru the cracks
  3. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

agreed. this, like many aa's, is massively outdated and due for an update
    bump so dev's dont forget about us mages when they cover the dragon tree sometime in the future
  4. Carthington Member

Simple solution: return TC to its former glory
  5. Coriel Active Member

I'll bring it up again, so the topic gains visibility: Please re-evaluate stacking restrictions of Time Compression, Upbeat Tempo and Ancient Fury.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

So... TC works with AncientFury now (since AA changes this xpac) i was informed and then confirmed 1st hand
    Coriel likes this.
  7. Coriel Active Member

I just tested UT and Ancient Fury - getting more ticks.
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to read this. TC still doesn't stack with UT, but TC doesnt reduce ticks that u get with just AncientFury, which is honestly all u could realistically ask for, accounting for history of these buffs
  9. Smashey Well-Known Member

Time Compression and Upbeat Tempo has never stacked in the history of the game though? I think if its changed it would be way too overpowered.

You always wanted to put UT on locks and TC on wizards for that reason and forced the wizzy to pick up Ancient Fury.

UT and AF should definitely not stack and don't as I just tested it on my warlock. The only issue at hand here is if TC and AF cancel each other out which should be easy to confirm if its doing or not.
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

they don't anymore, as mentioned above
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

i think i understand what u meant on 2nd read, that UT is indeed working as intended and giving u 1 extra tick over AncientFury. yea, that was never not the case tho (unlike TC situation), which made it not click what u were saying on 1st read