Is it just me or does it affect anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by seneth, May 17, 2021.

1. seneth Active Member

I was in Quarry Quandary and this is the second time I did it. I completed the dragon and went to open the chest ( I always kill him up on that lil hill on the back of his island) and when I did go to click the chest "poof" I exited the zone. Now I had to run thru mobs I skipped and go allllll the way back to the chest. The exit portal is right at my back and some how in 3rd person it clicks the portal and zones me out. Uhhh, can we get that portal moved to over the water on the side or somewhere else for klutzes like me????:(Wasn't sure where to put this, it is actually not a bug, but an annoyance and it is not in Testing so I put it here.
  2. Zeffran New Member

You could try the /summon command to move the chest to your position away from the portal.
  3. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

That would work? The Summon Command can move objects? I thought just peeps you were grouped with?? I have had similar happen with 3rd person getting bumped out accidentally when portal is too close to an object to click. Guess going into 1st person would be the solution until/if they fix it.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

I've had this happen when an object is too close to a portal. It is really irritating. What is the exact command please to summon something, especially if you don't know the proper name for the object?
  5. Krystalea Member

To summon a chest, just type /summon. It will pull any chest that is yours, within a range, to you. There is no way to summon players by command, only certain classes can, or CoV (your mileage may vary).
    Finora likes this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Sometimes it seems that just /summon flakes out, so I have to use /summon_chest. But one or the other should work for you.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Chest dropping in the water or on the side of mountains are often not reachable OR seeable and thankfully you can /summon and bring that chest to you at a spot you can loot it. I have that macro hot keyed and use it many times. So as others have said, move away from the exit and try that. The chest should move to you and you can loot it without zoning out.
  8. Fangrim Active Member

9. Grandavi Active Member

This was one of my favorite "learnings" early on when I rejoined. I pick up EVERYTHING and find that if I just use the /summon from time to time, I usually miss chests while battling through areas with a lot of mobs. Makes me feel like I am truly a "waste-not, want-not" type of Paladin, not leaving them on the ground.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

What a shame I can't summon a depot. I could get all my mats back I lost when my harvesting depot went poof. And yes, it still appears when I look at the log but I can't make heads or tails of the numbers or how to change them. Plus, being dyslexic, I'll probably mess up the numbers and then the depot will really go poof.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

You can have the depot position reset to its default location. If it's in a Guild Hall type /house while you are in the hall. Then click the amenities tab and scroll to the depot and right click it. Click reset to default location.

If it is in a house, type /house while in your house. Click the items tab, and scroll down to Personal Harvest Depot. There is a move button. You should be able to click that, and it will appear for you and let you place it.
    Griffon Lady and Breanna like this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

I tried that but the button is greyed out. And, unfortunately, I didn't save the layout until after the depot went poof so I somehow have to change the location numbers, on the log file, and save it. I'll get the numbers and post them for someone to look at and give me corrected numbers.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nobody here can give you corrected numbers. You need to stand in a space and type /loc to get a set of numbers that are going to work for your problem.
    Almee likes this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

I plan to get the loc numbers I need and hope someone can then give me the correct info to enter into the log record.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

You'll need to tell us what House or GH but sure we can do that. It is just as easy for you to walk into an unoccupied area and type /loc (or read the compass coordinates) and write those down and place them in the file. Either way someone can give you a hand.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, she just needs to provide the iine for the depot and the /loc for where she wants to move it to.
    Almee likes this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

This is the depot information if anyone can give me the corrected line to replace the bugged information.

683182137, 2309249,-78,5,-811,18.00000000,0.00000000,0.00000000,1.00000000, false,"Personal Harvest Depot (large)"

The loc I want it moved to is: -91.24, 66.66, -717.66 orientation 215.12, 0.00, 0.00

I couldn't get the numbers in the log line to correspond to the loc information due to a difference in spaces between numbers and commas. I think there should be a space between 2309249, and -811 and another space between -811 and 18.00000000.0 but I don't want to bork things up even more by adding spaces.

I am assuming, once I've corrected the log line I just save the file as a txt file and the program will read the Notepad file.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Okay, you need to change the depot line from:
    683182137, 2309249,-78,5,-811,18.00000000,0.00000000,0.00000000,1.00000000, false,"Personal Harvest Depot (large)"
    to:
    683182137, 2309249,-91.24, 66.66, -717.66,18.00000000,0.00000000,0.00000000,1.00000000, false,"Personal Harvest Depot (large)"

and save the amended file under a slightly different name. Before loading it I'd personally recommend removing all the other lines from the file to reduce the chance of mistakenly affecting other items in the process. All you need in the load file are the first 3 header lines - the short ones at the top that identify the zone - and the amended depot line that you want to move. Once it's saved you use the load option on the door and select the correct file from the list.

Warming: use a pure text editor like notepad or notepad++ to make the changes. Other programs like Wordpad have a nasty habit of introducing stray characters you can't see that upset the loading program.
    Melkior likes this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

Bless you Tkia. My depot is back. I'm glad I didn't try to do this on my own as I would have had it seriously messed up.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

You're welcome. You can't really mess it up as long as you keep a safe copy of the original layout file as you can always reload that. From your numbers it looks like the box got buried under your floor. You were standing at 66 and the box was at 5 which is quite a bit lower down. And spaces are irrelevant as the layout is a csv file - comma separators are king! If you get one of those commas in the wrong place, THEN you're in trouble :eek:
    Fangrim and Almee like this.