RUMOR OR TRUTH?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cassta, May 13, 2021.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

Sadly I have just read the most disturbing news since we lost Domino and Holly. Hopefully someone "official" or in the know will report if it is rumor or truth. Is Dreamweaver leaving? It was discussed in Skyfire's gen chat and verified via the post below located at https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/one-last-time.236688/#post-2365418. Dream's original forum post could not be located and appeared to be deleted. I am truly devastated to hear this news and am hoping it is a rumor. If it is the sad truth, I wish you all the happiness in the world DW. If you receive just a small piece of the happiness you have given us, you will be set for life.

2. Drona Well-Known Member

They deleted a goodbye post from Dreamweaver? He is one of the most respected community managers this game ever and he can't even say goodbye? The act of deleting his post comes across are very petty....
    WhysperWynde, Cassta, Smashey and 3 others like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all you've done for us, Dreamweaver. You were the best mod we ever had in EQ2. May your adventures always be exciting and your treasure chests always full of Fabled gear for life's journeys! :cool:

And thanks for the heads up, Caasta!
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:( owe I liked the frog he had humor and kept us informed , I don't know how they can replace him .
    I really hope it's not true , but that letter looks like it is .
    The forums will be not the same without him , he would never just take out a post or close a thread without telling us why .
    Good luck to you dreamweaver , and may your dreams come true .
    Breanna, Cassta and Siren like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The post wasn't deleted promise, somehow someone saw it early. It will still post. Nothing sinister, just weirdness with technology.
    Doobius40504, Gninja, Lateana and 6 others like this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I will miss your wit! Safe and fortunate travels to you. :p
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

8. Cassta Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I did not witness the original forum post however, one of Skyfire's most respected and trusted players did see it. He went to go back and it was gone. Frankly, if they did delete it I am completely repulsed and insulted. We are not simpletons. We know who works for us, fights for us and gets results for us. We also know it is NOT his style to just leave. I am glad I found out and was able to hopefully share the truth.
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and dreamweaver like this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

What Siren said, 100%! You're welcome, hopefully enough people will comment and a message will be sent.
  10. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing it up, such a bittersweet posting. :( I don't want it to post. I want you to be happy and always enjoy your work and your life. That being said, I feel broken hearted, as do many. You will be sorely missed by everyone and we wish you success in your new endeavors.
  11. Cassta Well-Known Member

Schmetterling, Breanna and Siren like this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wait, I thought I deleted that post!
    Siren, Lateana, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol , ttobey :p , dreamweaver himself stated 8 posts earlier that the letter was still there , or is there again .

Welcome back little mischief maker .:D
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Welcome back? I'm always here. You guys are the ones who are absent!
    Siren, Bludd, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

We need an emoji that cries. We will miss you, you've been the best I've seen.
  16. seneth Active Member

Who is gonna be my dreamweaver now?? (rubs eyes with her fingers, nose running, crying) Wahhhhh!. Just going to miss you and hope the world treats you like the good guy you are. Hugggss from all of us, we will miss you. <sad puffy eyes>
    Breanna, Siren, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else that losing Dreamweaver is an awful blow to the community. I sure hope it is his decision and not one being forced on him due to a toxic work environment. Thank you Dreamweaver for being a great help to us players. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Cassta likes this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What a strange assumption to make.
    Breanna, Lateana, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  19. Dockter Well-Known Member

Agreed.
  20. Frogert New Member

Why a strange assumption?
    New company comes in, and they maybe don't like the direction things are going, or they already have a centralize community manger and think Dreamweavers job is no longer needed.
    While not toxic environment it still might not have been his direct desirer to leave. Or maybe he just saw the writing on the wall and decided good time to leave.
    Sometime timing is just coincidence and sometimes it really is what it means. But to say it is strange that someone would make the leap is strange itself.
    Cassta and Geroblue like this.