Words of a Giant - Take 2

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by iamvegano, May 16, 2021.

1. iamvegano Active Member

Just wondering (the previous thread on this topic that I found has not had any activity in over a year)

Has anyone been able to get the Giant Idols? I have dedicated three days to killing giants in Thunderng Steeps, Nektulos Forest, Everfrost, Permafrost, and Soluseks Eye. I am certain I have killed over 300 but really, there were so many, I have no idea how many I have killed.

And.. not one drop... I am exhausted from running around and just repeating the same kills over and over and over and over and over and over and.. well, you get the point.

Any advice? Besides just forget it ofc :)

PS - I have hundreds of giant meat - I am vegan so I will not eat them.. anyone hungry? hehe
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. TechUp Active Member

Have you checked your bank or house vault to see if you have gotten an idol in the past but didn't consume it? I had that happen with the death whisper language. I spent days killing specters in Sinking Sands only to find I had stashed the starter at one point in my house vault.

As far as tracking kills, you can go to Character > Achievement > General > Slayer and see how many giants you have killed.

Another place you may want to try is Nektulos Forest and look for the Nightfall Giants over by /way -578, 44, -185 . They re-spawn fairly quickly and that's where I have the most luck getting the idols. It still takes some time but might be worth a shot.
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and iamvegano like this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

If you killed 300 giants and didn't complete the giant language quest you have one in your inventory or your bank and didnt start the quest. If you didnt start the quest and you and have one in bank or inventory, you wont see any more drop until you accepted the quest. Another option is that you already speak Kombral.
  4. iamvegano Active Member

1240 kills.. that is the number in Slayer

I have gone through everything in my inventory and my bank is empty. The only other thing I can think is maybe my second character has it in his bank and that would impact me? Doesn't seem likely, but I can log into it now and check
  5. iamvegano Active Member

update, I have checked both characters, i have also opened bags that were in my inventory but not in a 1-6 slot.. and I do not see any idols anywhere ...
    could it be a bug issue?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

I just took a level 120 warden (boosted) and killed giants in The Thundering Steppes. I got my first Giant Idol before I had killed 25, and completed the Giant language quest with my 95th kill. For you to have killed so many suggests that either you have the starter somewhere and didn't start the quest, or that you have already completed the quest and didn't realize it.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Do not manually Search. Use the search function. From the character screen select the magnifying glass and type 'idol' or 'giant' in the box. It will search every house vault, bank slot, and inventory slot for you.

It's not impossible for it to be a bug, but everyone I know that has had this problem later comes back shaking their head after they find where it is hiding. If you still can't find one after doing search you can submit a petition asking for help.
  8. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

You can give your hundreds of giant meats to my Kerran Khajiinet who is actually a Tailor .. "kittah running with scissors" she bills herself as .. but she thinks that since humans had to tell her that they are not vegetarians she will send them all of the fish she comes across while she saves the good meats for herself and other Kerran and Vah Shirs in my account.
    iamvegano likes this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I can't stress this enough! Don't do a manual search.

Also... you are sure you don't already know the language? This would also explain why you aren't getting any idols.
  10. iamvegano Active Member

Hi

So I used /finditem
    /finditem idol no matches found
    to make sure I was doing it right, I searched for a few other things
    /finditem crystal it returned the number of items in my bags and which bags they were in

I then followed this link I found in another thread
    https://u.eq2wire.com/quests/listing/446696679112/

But honestly, I could not figure out for the life of me how to search and see if I have completed this quest.

Any ideas?
  11. iamvegano Active Member

Honestly, no. I am having a difficult time finding it in the game in my list of quests completed.

12. Tkia Well-Known Member

You can check for it in 2 ways. In your quest journal it should be listed under the category of languages. Alternatively you can check the language list attached to your chat box. It's not called Giant in there though - think it lists as something like Kromdel.

Edit: Krombral is the language name. Right click the chat box and use the Select Language list.
    And the Words of a Giant quest in your completed journal list will show under your current level, not a lower level.
  13. iamvegano Active Member

uff, i reread the previous post and now I clearly see the "n't" and hence more confusion for me, I am very sorry.

How do I use the "search function"? My goodness.. how long have I been playing this game and I cannot even answer these questions? :(
  14. Lemilla Active Member

You already completed it on that toon.[IMG]
    Svenone, Xianthia and iamvegano like this.
  15. iamvegano Active Member

and.... in that moment
    faceplant
    hiding under a rock
    Quests > Completed > Languages
    94 Words of a Giant

Uff.. ok, now I jump off a bridge... thank you everyone for your patience ..
    Lo siento!!
    Xianthia likes this.
  16. iamvegano Active Member

thank you for sharing this with me.. I did not even see that.. my goodness

Another question, how did you get this image into the message? When I click on the image insertion, it asks me for a URL. Can that URL also be a complete path and file name?

Yes.. it is Monday, but feels like ... monday.. hehe :)

17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

To answer your question about searching! You can do either on your character sheet, open that up and you will see what looks like a magnifying glass.

You'd click that and type in the search bar, you'd type idol or giant or whichever word you'd choose when searching for an item. Should try it out on an item you know where it is and see how it works.

Or, you can search with the slash command /finditem itemname
    iamvegano likes this.