One Last Time

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 14, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hail and well met friends, Norrathians, adventurers all,

A wise person once wrote, "Here for a good time, but a not a long time," and in the beginning that wasn't actually in the cards, but time has a way of making fools of us all, and I must move on. Another opportunity has placed its way in my path and while I am going to see where it leads, I hope you all know, I do it with a genuinely heavy heart.

I am honored and humbled for the time I was able to have with all of you, and I look forward to hearing more about your stories and adventures as EverQuest II continues on without me.

Look, the title is a Hamilton reference, and I am only a little sorry for that. I rewrote this a few different times trying to find the best way to say goodbye, and I still don't know if I was successful, but whether or not you believe it, know that you've all left an indelible mark on my life.

See you somewhere in Norrath,

-dw
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

Bon Yoyage.

It is not good bye. It is see you later.
    Doobius40504, Geroblue, Beee and 9 others like this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

booo that sucks for us, you were a great community manager

but of course im happy for you man, go forth and get all the cheesecake
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Till we meet again on the battlefields of Norrath.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'll post here too!

Safe and fortunate travels!
  6. Kelddana New Member

Well, if that is the way it is done, then that is the way you must do it. But, should you need us...
  7. Bobthebuilder89 Member

Good luck in the new place you're in. We'll see you around.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all you've done for us, Dreamweaver. You were the best mod we ever had in EQ2. May your adventures always be exciting and your treasure chests always full of Fabled gear for life's journeys! :cool:
  9. Yabusame New Member

Your time and effort here has helped so many, and it is appreciated. I hope the best for you as you pursue what is best for you.
  10. Dyss Member

Very sorry to see you go, but one must follow one's own path. I hope your path leads you well; you will be missed.

...That was a very kind way to put it: (we've) "...left an indelible mark on (your) life." LOL! I hope the mark isn't too painful and thank you very much for your time, patience and hard work in Norrath.
  11. Hypnonaughty Member

Dreamweaver....May Tunare guide your steps along whatever path you now choose to follow. You are a wonderful person from the interactions we have had and I as well as many many others wish your their heartfelt best. You will be missed as you went to bat for the community on many occasions and have left mighty big shoes for your replacement to fill. I sure hope the Darkpaw HR department keeps that in mind and doesn't throw a level 1 Guardian into the arena with Emperor Ssraeshza to be devoured. :)
  12. Aakla Member

*packs you an ogre teddybear and some cookies* /wipes his eyes /waves
  13. Trilly Active Member

Ohhhhhh. So very sorry to see you go! You were the BEST! Wishing you a happy and fulfilling journey from here. Know you will be missed by us! Happy Trails! ;)
  14. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

We as Players have Enjoyed having you here and have best wishes for you further down the Road.
  15. Drakah Member

DW, you have helped this community so much it is unbelievable! I am very saddened to hear this news but I am also thrilled and happy for you as well that someone else saw your awesomeness too :) I wish you well in everything you do, you will definitely be missed here!! <3
  16. Ailbe New Member

You will be missed! Wishing you the very best :)
  17. Dilon Active Member

You did a tremendous job all things considered. Safe travels and best of luck.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver, first wish you the best in your new endeavor. I won't wish you success, because you don't need it. I've always been impressed by your skills and approach and I know that those will serve you well whatever you do in the future. I will say you will be missed and that might possibly be the understatement of the year. And in the spirit of quotes...such sweet sorrow is our parting.
    Seriously though, you were the best CM we had since I've been playing and frankly, one of the better employees. I think many of us had hoped DPG would have recognized your skill sets and moved you up the ladder, but hey, someone recognizes your skills, so they deserve to have you. Best of luck, my friend!
  19. Smashey Well-Known Member

This is a huge blow to the everquest franchise. You were the only guy you could talk to at this company and actually get a reply back from in many, many years. I dont even recall the last CM they had at this company that was as good as you. I fear for the future.

Good luck in the future.
  20. Stillstuck New Member

^^ Great reference. I wonder who else got it.

Safe travels to thee, Dreamweaver!