Games with crafting and house decorating

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Nucii, May 4, 2021.

1. Nucii New Member

First, I apologize if this isnt in the proper forum, but I wasnt sure where to post.

I love the house decorating and crafting aspect of EQ2. These are my main reasons for even playing. Does anyone know of any other games similiar to EQ2 in these aspects? I'm looking for something to fill in the voids when the EQ2 servers are down and/or having issues. Thank you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd heard that LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online) had some stuff? And that RIFT rocked; even WoW is getting into Guild Halls, last I knew. Most hard-core decorators really like here, though, even with the Hungry Hungry Houses. ;)

Since I'd left WoW long ago and haven't tried the others, I honestly couldn't say, but it's a good question. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Aabari Active Member

Medieval Engineers on steam kinda fits that bill it has harvesting crafting building things and for only 9.99 for a 1 time purchase its not a bad deal but it does have mixed reviews
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Any other way to get it? I detest Steam and don't trust it. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  5. Rushd Active Member

Eq2 still has one of the best Housing play in any game. If you were looking for more of a building game though, there are some really excellent voxel games out there which is where I think most next gen are going for housing and building interfaces. I've been looking hard at Dual Universe, but I don't think my machine will be able to run it efficiently. Perhaps you can find something under a Voxel game search that can fit the bill.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I liked Minecraft, especially their free version (the price was right, what can I say? Also, no monsters :D), but that's where I found out my Kryptonite: I'd known I'd never really cared for first-person shooters, mainly since I have pretty awesome peripheral vision in RL (if I do say so myself ;->) and don't in one of those, but Minecraft taught me why I really didn't like 'em: the free version of MC is only first-person camera, rather than a choice of views like here, and the first time I tried it, I started getting nauseous about 15-20 minutes in. I finally broke off for a bit, wondering about having to Drive the Porcelain Bus and what the heck I'd ingested, but after about half an hour, the nausea went away. So, back to building in MC! For...15 to 20 minutes. X-P

Took me the longest time to realize that, while I don't get motion sick at all in RL (not seasick, not airsick; the only times I've been "carsick," I probably would've been doing that Driving thing even if I'd stayed home; I have no problem reading while I'm a passenger in a car), apparently first-person camera will do it to me. :-/

(And sadly, since most of the housing videos are first-person, all the better to showcase what's being seen vs. seeing the videographer's character, I can't watch any of them for very long before needing a break. :-/)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Rushd Active Member

Understood but their First person is pretty dynamic, your view isn't locked in a way most FP are. Since it is mainly flight Sim, you go to 3rd person view quite often and I'm certain the similar camera options we have here are there in videos I have seen, but that could be the Mod options the you tuber I follow has. Check out LandmarkExplorer on you tube, they show off the voxel tech and different views while running through player created cities and ships.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem to matter with me; all first-person stuff makes me wanna puke after too long. :-/

Uwk
    who thinks no one should take any of it personally; it's not them, it's me... X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

When live servers are down you can always switch to the test server to deco (its what I do and to check out events before they are live). In the test forums there's a post for free furniture (seriously) just let them know there and they will add you to the dungeons and enjoy.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the lovely things about Public Test (PT) is that we get lots of perks due to the Broker not being the money-spinner that it is elsewhere. One of the sad things about Public Test is that we need to get lots of perks due to the Broker not being the money-spinner that it is elsewhere... The silver lining is that when folks have an abundance on PT, they share freely! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.