3 changes to win back my subscription

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zarnafien, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

1. Remove Ascensions. Return classes to their roles.

2. Invest more resources into crafting. The items crafters make should be needed as toons progress from solo to heroics to raids. Mastercrafted needs to, once again, be the bridge into heroics.

3. More questlines. This is Everquest, not EverOverseer.

Thank you for your consideration.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Guess you won't be playing then. They'll never remove ascensions.

Too many people have paid real $ to upgrade them. I like them, personally.

Agree with 2 & 3 though.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Hope you enjoyed your time in Norrath. I don't disagree with any of the things you suggested, but they just aren't very likely to happen. Sometimes the only thing you can do is move on.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

These 3 have been requested for years and wont happen. Overseers is the content now outside of raiding.

The remaining players will never quit, the team knows this so, why improve anything?

In fact instead of listening they added resolve to the rare gambling crate now. Isnt it wonderful.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

what familiar gives resolve?
    Cassta and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

You should play on the TLE servers.

- No ascensions or overseers there

- Meaningful crafting

- Ten thousand quests to do, many of which you have probably never done.
  7. Smashey Well-Known Member

The new gambling crate buff. increases all mount stats, including resolve, by 20%. right now it's 35 resolve, will go up every xpack when a new mount comes out. prolly 45-50 next xpack. Is it a huge issue right now? No of course not. Next expansion its gonna be a huge advantage for progression gearing wise.

Do you think the top guild whales are buying this buff for 40-50 krono for fun? lol.
    Cassta and WhysperWynde like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

lol you mean the mount buff, not the familiar buff. the familiar buff gives a bit of health, flurry from flurry and fervor/oc from fervor. please be accurate in your wording

personally i think resolve should be excluded from the mount buff
    Smashey likes this.
  9. Jamzez Active Member

maybe after EG7 is finished with it's evaluation with H1Z1 and Just Survive they can come and look at what a mess EQ2 is hope for a new direction.
    Cassta, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and AOE1 like this.
  10. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

I would say remove merc and mount levelling & gear, remove ascensions, do a proper AA / Combat Art cull / trim, fix stat bloat, remove familiars, remove P2W spell research...

Complexity is not bad. I love Path of Exile, Project Gorgon, EvE Online, but the complexity in those games is not always a direct line from your wallet to a levelling system, every system here feels like it has a credit card slot built in.

I just absolutely hate the monetization methods in this game, amount of loot box stuff also crammed in, on TOP of asking for a sub.

Don't see myself coming to Everquest (other than p99..) until an eq3.
  11. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

A Mount Buff sounds very nice, especially if it goes up everytime new mounts are added. I like this idea. Don't really know anything about Resolve = what's it do?
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

resolve is the main gating stat. when you do heroic and raiding, mobs have a resolve stat which you have to be at or above (though no bonus from going above). if you are not at or above, the mob will do more damage to you and you will do less to it
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

ATM, it looks as if Ascensions are going to phase out, just as weapon infusing did. There are no new Ascension spells or spell levels in RoS, and comparatively, Ascensions are gradually becoming weaker as compared to profession spells/CAs.

TOTALLY AGREE!

TOTALLY AGREE!

(Though I'm still paying my subscription)
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Goldheart Member

More likely they'll have to sell off the most valuable IP...the Everquest franchise...to pay off their heavily leveraged recent acquisitions. What the franchise needs is a "golden angel" buyer with a specific love for the EQ universe and beaucoups dedicated cash to fix it. That ain't EG7.
  15. Kotter Legendary Member

yes plz.
  16. Maldaris Active Member

I wasn't aware that Just Survive was still a going concern. Last I heard, it had gone the way of the dodo. Though looking at my Steam page, it is still there. Curious. Shows you how much attention I pay to Steam.

Regardless...items #2 and #3 in the OP are not only things I agree with, but I don't see how they aren't doable. Item #1, I think I'll just hold my tongue and see what happens. I'm in for the long haul, regardless.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahaha............ don't hold your breath. hey already evaluated before this purchase. They don't buy a pig in a poke. If they did, they would not stay in business long. They have an idea of what little they have to do to get it where they can make money off of it. They are venture capitalist.
  18. rutro Well-Known Member

I do not mind the Overseers. The crafting, and Ascension is really Whack! I agree with you for the most part :)
  19. Aezazal Member

You guys think a lot. I agree though, the multiple areas to have to level (mercs, mounts, spells, ascensions, etc.) are all designed to get you to pay to advance one or all at some point.

EVERYTHING in this game now has a "pay cash to advance" option.

I liked it better when it was more subtle; an underground thing that hardcore people did amongst themselves, but alas, they figured out how to cash in on that. That, my friends, will never be reversed.
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Karioki Active Member

Reading this thread only reinforces that I will never leave TLP for live. It is sad watching this game devolve. I didn't join at the very beginning but I was still in game before any expansions or adventure packs hit the shelves (remember shelves?). Don't have a clue about Overseers and Ascension and have no desire to learn.

As I play through now it is amazing how easy the game has become. I am not sure if I miss the plethora of triple ups roaming where ever I need to go - I think I do. I miss finding ways to get around them. Even those that remain can be take down by a toon 2-6 levels lower. Hah! Used to have to be 2-6 levels higher to have a chance. I actually miss access quests. Oh, I know they are still in the game but who thinks of them anymore? Go wherever you want. Harvesting requirements have been tossed. Raising crafting skills is a joke. From my point of view it's hard to feel good about an accomplishment that has no challenge to complete.

OK. Complaint mode off. Too much time to post today.
    AOE1, Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.