Server Maintenance - April 27, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

I know, right! :eek:
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

If they had "shoe-horned" it into the extended downtime we likely would have been down for 25 or 26 hours. The weekly regularly scheduled patch is used for a different purpose. Maybe they were even able to tweak some things from the 24 hour downtime, which could keep us from having more downtime. Face it, no matter what they did or how they did it, there are always going to be haters. Personally, I do not feel like I receive "a hilariously terrible level of service." If I did I would find a new game which made me happy. Every interaction I have had with customer service has usually been responded to and resolved within 24 hours. I'm not a saint, I get frustrated like everyone else at times and occasionaly even go off on a rant in the forums or gen chat. However, I make the choice to be as helpful and productive as I can. We ALL have a choice. We may not have a choice about things out of our control, like outages and downtimes, but we always have a choice on how we choose to react. Hypothetical question...if a telecommunications sattelite transmitting DBG's info was hit by a meteor and blew up would you still be complaining? Just curious.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes , they would , to a higher authority .
    " God how could you do that to me "
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  4. Zinj Well-Known Member

As someone who has worked in both the government, and I.S. for decades, I can tell you that any preliminary estimate of completion time is almost guaranteed to be too low. Double to quadruple is more the norm. Granted, the patch itself may be in place at the first estimate time; but the system won't be fully up and stable until two to four times later.
    Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's not the issue, bud. The issue is that MOTD has one time (1 hr.) and Dream's post has 2 hrs. My tongue in cheek comment was pointing to the inability of an organization to communicate accurately the estimated DT; it had nothing to do with actual times. Having decades of experience in business myself, no organization wants to publish conflicting communication items. Dream's comment in the past was that he has no idea who sets the MOTD, but someone is and it might be important to know who does. Coordination of effort, i.e. simple communication between departments is important when publishing information. It's bitten more organizations in the butt than we could count.
    Geroblue likes this.