Downtime Appreciation Bonuses Begin on 4/22

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was having issues even with the forums, with it bleating around that my "credentials are invalid" (didn't say WHICH "credentials," which would've been helpful to solving the problem ["invalid password" or something, like every other website on the planet does] :-/), etc. My way-more-techie-than-me hubby suggested rebooting the computer; "if it's a problem with caches, that'll clear every cache there is."

That did help, aye. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And to think, they used to be able to handle way more numbers than these nowadays, back in the day...

I was kind of hoping that after taking 26 hours or so offline the other day, that they'd spend at least a few minutes and a few dollars to upgrade their EQ2 servers... :(

Uwk
    Breanna, hoopr and Kalika like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant, thanks! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Ok, I take back my snide comments. Thanks for the extension.
  5. hoopr New Member

dreamweaver said:
    “[ALERT] We will be extending our bonuses for all servers 24 hours. The new shut off time will be 4/27 at 11:59 PM PDT”

thank you so much. we appreciate it. :)
    STOP kissing up SOOO much....this is the VERY LEAST they could do! WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS, and it seems like we are trying to make the devs happy...this consistant downtime is NOT OK when you pay to play. Inconvenience your workers, bring them in on peak OFF TIMES to do your server mtnce, not at the CONVENIENT time when your staff gets out of bed and comes to work!
    That guy. likes this.
  6. Tannie Member

EQ is more important than most things in life besides water and a little bread. When the servers go down our lives are literally on the verge of ending it all because we know nothing else, we have no life. Thus it is imperative that DP begin to make reparations to those of us who are completely co-dependent on the game for a reason to breath. If this doesn't happen i'm going to start cutting myself until my mom comes down in the basement (or I bleed to death) and then ill tell her about how DP doesn't care if we live and ask her why she didn't bring my sandwich., coke and chips.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Thanks for that I appreciate it,. And please, i m begging try to convince the Tech peoples that fixing the error message (to something like "Sorry login server could be reached in due time ") is a hih priority issue ... Some day someone will get a heart attack a DBG could be held responsible for it.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Could be reached in due time"? :D

Surprise! :D

Uwk
    who more than anything else, just wants the EQ2 servers to be fixed/upgraded (26 hours for every other game, 20 minutes for EQ2? :() :-/
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member