Server Maintenance - April 27, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 7:00 AM PDT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Find notes here!
    Cassta likes this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Kaladim Specific - There are some item changes in the most recent patch notes that we wanted everyone to be aware of the reason behind the change, basically it was discovered that items were in the raid loot table were missed and unedited, the items that had fervor should not have. Those items have updated, since we know people have not been doing hunters because of this., We will be turning on Double Hunters coins. to help. Starting Thursday 4/29 at 12:01 AM PDT and going until 5/5 at 11:59 PM PDT.
    Cassta and Shaie like this.
  3. Yenk Active Member

Dreamweaver said:
    • Dropped bounty items are now tradeable. These items cannot be placed on the broker or mailed via in-game mail.
    Are the starters also tradeable? This would be very useful.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

More downtime? Would it be better to start announcing the uptime?
    Gojiria and ShalakoLee like this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

Tuesday maintenance has been a regular thing for years. I, for one, appreciate that they take the time not only to maintain the servers, but to correct issues and make improvements to the game. I also appreciate that they give us goodies (like the double status and double xp the past few days) to make up for unanticipated downtime and other issues. Go devs!
    Breanna, Cassta, Fanafahnya and 2 others like this.
  6. Spectre Active Member

That was actually pretty funny :D
    Gojiria likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

In-game notice this morning said downtime was 1 hour. In forum announcement says at least 2 hours.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Apparently, the ability to communicate internally or speak/write Engrish and tell time is not a skill set at DPG. They'd talk about it, but it's proprietary information, haha.
    Gojiria likes this.
  9. AshianaDragon Member

Actually if you read Dreamweaver's announcement: it says 'up to 2 hours' as per usual server maintenance time.
    Cassta, Fanafahnya and dreamweaver like this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I don't control the in game messaging unfortunately but I always put "Up to X hours" to try and account for any possible delays.
    Breanna, Geroblue, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  11. Virtuosity Active Member

the in game message will now be out of date for the next 6 & 1/2 days, until next Tuesday morning when it will be wrong again ... the same as last week, and the week before, and the week before, and the week before ...
    So ignore the ingame message and pay attention to Dreamweaver if you want accurate information that isnt out of date for 6 & 1/2 days of the week and simply wrong for the other 1/2 day of the week.
    Thank you Dreamweaver, we do appreciate the information you give us.
    Cassta, Bhayar and Gojiria like this.
  12. TORR071 New Member

Dreamweaver should just respond with
    'Soon*'
    pretty sure EQ owns it.
  13. Cassta Well-Known Member

We have scheduled downtime for 2 hours every Tuesday. Why would this Tuesday be different?
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto!
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Well, I dunno, maybe they'd have shoe-horned the patch in during some of the extended or unscheduled downtime the players have been enjoying lately? Honestly, you guys will put up with literally anything, and that's why you continue to receive a hilariously terrible level of service here.
    Tkia likes this.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

"Done, finished, gone" is on the EQ2 forums more than me.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Exilya Active Member

I thought you'd blocked him benito. You missed him that much? He'll be thrilled to know that :)
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Maybe because they used up 12 weeks worth of downtime the previous week?
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Blocked posters can appear if you are on logged out on another browser. Evidently, he still plays EQ2 which is great imo.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I thought someone coordinated and let you and the person posting the system message in-game know the same times.

My apologies.
    Breanna and Cassta like this.