Downtime Appreciation Bonuses Begin on 4/22

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks dreamweaver I really feel listened to with you and some others around .
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I agree with Saelweng are only game servers that complain get a make up bonus ,
    or does a game get bonuses because the population might otherwise quit ?
    EQ1 was down for this maintenance too right ?
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It was decided EQ2 and DCUO would get them, it was decided that EQ, H1Z1, and Planetside 2 would not. There isn't another explanation other than that.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  4. That guy. Well-Known Member

You'd think since EQ brings in double the amount of money EQ2 does and even PS2 brings in more, you'd treat them a little better than that. Pretty sad, really.
    AOE1 likes this.
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

Exactly Bludd, well said. :)

Everyone HAS to sleep in order for their brains to restore and rejuvinate. We should not expect any staff member to work 24/7, or for Daybreak/Darkpaw to have 24 hour shifts. Do any other games offer 24/7 tech or business support? I don't know the answer, however, I am highly doubtful anyone does. I am sure if I am wrong someone will let me know. :p

I am just as sad about the loss of bonus time as everyone else. :( I said sad instead of mad because anger is ALWAYS a secondary emotion. It usually comes from unfulfilled expectations. We expected to have our bonuses at the announced time, when it did not happen we were sad because OUR expectations were not fulfilled. A lot of people, maybe even most react with anger instead of displaying or acknowledging the dissapointment and sadness.

I believe in our team and am sure they will fix the issue. I am still very happy for this bonus session. We usually only get a 2 or 3 day weekend of scheduled time. Even with losing part of the first 24 hours we are still getting more time then usual. However, like everyone else I wouldn't mind getting an extra day to make up for it. ;) :D
    Breanna, Siren, Schmetterling and 2 others like this.
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

LOL :D
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you dreamweaver. I knew you would check it out and let us know when you have more info.

I hope everyone takes note you posted this at 7:15 am. I don't know about anyone else but I was never at work this early unless I was on a special type shift. Just saying... :rolleyes:
  8. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thanks again dream. I noticed you posted this at 7:24 am. Which is only about 9 minutes after you reported you were looking into it at 7:15 and at 7:30 Overseers were fixed. I wish I could get everything out here in the real world fixed that fast. :D
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

As the EQ1 veteran (and EQ2 casual player but around since Vanilla), EQ1 had anniversary bonus xp and named for like the last 30 days.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

aaaah you would not expect eq1 should get double/double/double xp and such now would you , it sounds like they got theirs already according to what Benito said .
  11. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

See, it's not just the customers who are subjected to RNG, apparently management is as well.
  12. serakk New Member

So no on the extension?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

For once, being sick paid off for me as I normally start playing between 7 and 8am. I slept in which saved me from turning in all my status items and getting stiffed on the bonus.
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I red in this thread that eq1 had 30 days of xp bonuses already wile we on EQ2 just slugged on like usually .
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well dear Frog may be you could convince the team to grant the TLE (we all pay a sub) with some days of double hunter coins. Hunter quests are burning us down, we all try to find ways to by pass most of the zones, we sometimes don't even open exquisite chests and newcomers don't even get their mark quest done.

It would be really welcome.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cassta like this.
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I would think that after this many years they are all accustomed to it. Same S--t, different day.
  17. Shaie Active Member

While I'm sure no one is around to see this, the login servers are currently down & may have been wonky all day (there's a post from 7 a.m. with regards to HoF going offline & someone else not being able to log into Kaladim). I get a message that there are just SO MANY PLAYERS logging in right now that my wee little login is simply one too many & that I should wait a few minutes & try again (FOURTH time around now) if I use the launcher. MORE INTERESTING at this moment though is that if I bypass the launcher, my UserName & PW are rejected as being incorrect (they are NOT incorrect). Being as we so rarely get status/xp/reward bonuses (bonii?), can we get an extension? Or am I just one of the only THREE people trying to play the game who are unable to login?
  18. Fuzzybunny Member

You're not alone. I am also unable to log in.
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Effbee New Member

Able to log in here but not the game.
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Fuzzybunnypower New Member

Oh wait, I get it now! Bonus downtime to show their appreciation for ummm..... oh wait...