Downtime Appreciation Bonuses Begin on 4/22

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Saladdin Active Member

I assume that in a company, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That is why there will be no bonuses today. But maybe they will be later, if someone remembers them.
    smoketester likes this.
  2. smoketester New Member

Daybreak appreciates your patience.
    Cassta and Schmetterling like this.
  3. Nukyular Member

Conversation in DBG offices this morning:

"I thought YOU were going to turn on double XP!"
    "No, remember, you said you would do it if I took out the trash."
    "But you never took out the trash."
    "Oh yeah. I guess that explains why all the trash cans are full. Well okay, I'm going to take out the trash now."
    "Turn on the double XP when you're done taking out the trash."
    "But you said you'd turn on the double XP if I took out the trash."
    "That was yesterday. Since you didn't take out the trash and didn't turn on the double XP, this morning you can do both."
    "But I don't want to do BOTH!"
    "Okay, well, take out the trash and I'll turn on the double XP."
    "That's what you said yesterday!"
    "But you didn't take out the trash yesterday."
    "Well, I'm taking it out now."
    "Okay then I'll turn on the double XP as soon as you get done taking out the trash."
    (Later today):
    "Did you turn on the double XP?"
    "No, you were supposed to turn on the double XP."
    "But I took out the trash."
    "You were supposed to take out the trash yesterday."
    "I know but you said if I took it out today you'd turn on the double XP."
    "Did I say that?"
    "Yes."
    "Man, I bet those players are ANGRY! You check the forum?"
    "No, that's your job."
    "Okay, if you check the forum, I'll take out the trash."
    "But I already took out the trash."
    "Okay then, that's one less thing needs doing."
    "I'm going to lunch then."
    "I'll join you."
    Juraiya, Leonitas, Valandra and 2 others like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I took out the trash , but the garbage truck had just come by , so I had to run after it with the garbage cans ,
    I hade to run it down all the way to the end of the block , and than I found out I had the wrong container the truck was for recyclables , so I had to roll it all the way back .
    Turn on what ? Bonuses , what bonuses oooh that's toms job and hes home sick and his internet is down .
    Cassta and smoketester like this.
  5. Victisa Active Member

i am just wondering too what happened to the xp goodies? did you feed the hamsters? :)
    Cassta and smoketester like this.
  6. Gojiria Member

Par for the course.

Y'all oughta follow my example. . Show them OUR appreciation. My sub runs out on the 19th... I'm not re-subbing until next expac at best.

If ever.
    AOE1, Bobthebuilder89 and smoketester like this.
  7. Bobthebuilder89 Member

W.T.H. I have almost reached the limit of what I can accept from these tools. Pull your heads out of your ***** and GIVE US WHAT YOU PROMISED!! Why this is so hard to do, I cannot fathom!!!
    smoketester likes this.
  8. EPICNYGHT Goldmember "I got the Midas Touch"

I can actually understand messing up the date or time, i can even understand simply forgetting not to turn on the bonuses. What i dont know or understand is if they are reading these forums yet and why they have not replied and addressed the issue.
    smoketester and The Martian like this.
  9. The Martian Active Member

Sigh I even subbed a FTP so my Daughter could get the 20 overseer quests...… Which Still haven't happened....

sigh.. I am trying to get her to love the game.... So disappointing sometimes.

On the plus side... The spin up time seems less for new (or restarted) zones... but it could be my imagination.

Good luck to us all!
    smoketester likes this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

because its like 7 am in san diego
    Juraiya and Cassta like this.
  11. Lazz New Member

Something like this is understandable from an average citizen in normal mundane tasks but for a company to mix up a date or forget to turn on the bonuses when your company is already struggling to maintain members is unacceptable. This is simply lack of professionalism.
    smoketester likes this.
  12. EPICNYGHT Goldmember "I got the Midas Touch"

I just keep refreshing page hoping they'll update us
    Cassta, Karioki and smoketester like this.
  13. smoketester New Member

A phrase containing the words "monkey" and "football" comes to mind when pondering the collective intelligence of the gaming company charged with operating the Norrathian based MMO linked to these forums.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Why am I reminded of the old phrase: ",,,it's only a cold sore."
    smoketester likes this.
  15. Victisa Active Member

cold sores are a pain in the butt, any info on discord?
  16. Blazen Active Member

April fools!
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I will say this: since they're no longer quantifying what bonuses we get, percentage-wise, as far as XP awards go when you hover your cursor over the bubb bar, I couldn't tell just what the heck I was getting, percentage-wise when I was doing writ after writ after writ. My crafting energy was up (well, over 0%), I was working on an XP potion, and all I could tell was that I was getting some nebulous "bonuses." Granted, that involved a lot of points, but I'd hate to think I could've saved my Carpal Tunnel ligaments, tendons, etc. some achiness (like, half of said achiness) and gotten the same results. :(

EDIT: Ah. Just now my main toon on HoF, 100 Assassin/110 Carpy, was told she's getting 100% as a Server Bonus and her "Vitality Bonus [is] Active!! :D" whatever that means numerically. My other toon on that server was not told his server bonus percentage, strangely. :-/

Uwk
    who still is taking way too gods-damned long to zone into a house or guild hall >:-/
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Nothing directly from staff on Discord that I have seen.

Dreamweaver usually posts on the forum as well as on Discord when he has relevant info.
    Cassta likes this.
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone, I am looking into why the bonuses aren't on, sorry!
    Juraiya, Cassta, Hartsmith and 6 others like this.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

You got the bonuses from the potion and whatever resting energy you had built up, and that's it.

In case you missed all the posts above, they apparently either forgot to turn the bonuses on at the announced time or decided to do like original EQ, and not have any bonuses at all. YMMV, depending on how down the conspiracy rabbit hole one has gone.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.