Server Maintenance - April 13, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 12, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Find the notes here!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Will the Tarinax beta and Test remain up?
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Welp, it's 10:09am EST and Tarinax is still up, so apparently so. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Hilarie New Member

The downtime you say, pretty consistently misses what in game says.

Is the expected downtime 1 hour or 2 hours, does someone else set the in game messages?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

For better or worse, it's usually a two hour DT. Not always. I've seen notes once \ that said one hour and it goes on for 2. I have no idea if someone else does "in game" messages, but it ain't likely Dream's even in the office at 7 am. It's going to be what it's going to be. If it comes up in less time than 2 hours, then fine.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Servers up again - much faster than expected ;)
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

They were like 2 minutes late today loading up the patch which takes the game down. I was on my Wood Elf Assassin/Carpenter Cedarlilly Wynde and thinking OK I'm gonna get bumped, tis going down any second now .. until 10:02 AM EST. Then it did bump. OR maybe my computer clock is off! Yeah I think that's it .. I just set it to my watch after doing an Update of Windows10 that took like forever and a day to get done. Wrote a 4 page letter to my sis in Jersey while waiting! hahah

Oh but meant to ask = so I guess it's like once a week update now on Tuesdays or Wednesday? I don't mind a 2 hour wait for corrections/new content at all. Like somebody said "better to get things fixed often than to have wait through to less frequent updates." Some problems just need correcting Like = yesterday!
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

And still no ability to have House Actors become Vah Shir. Or allow them the Vah Shir dance. Come on guys.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah I dont set in game, not entirely certain who does. I trying to make certain I give them ample time, does it's usually come up before the two hour mark? Sure, but better safe than sorry.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have seen it 2 or more hours ahead in-game. It always says 1 hour. Last week, it says coming down in 2 hours, around 10 to 12 hours after the system had come back up. For the later one, I hadn't logged in during the morning.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Public Test frequently dances to its own drummer. ;->

Uwk
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For the longest time, it always said "2 hours." This "1 hour" bit is recent. ;->

Uwk
    Bhayar and Breanna like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, c'mon, Whysp, you know the updates/maintenance/whatevers are always Tuesdays and/or Thursdays unless something comes up on an emergency level. That's the only time we get Wednesdays or Fridays. ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.