Cobalt Crate Rare Mount Buff

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sowy, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Sowy Active Member

There is something horribly wrong with the drop rate of this item in the crate.

I know one person that's spent over $8000 and not gotten it and another that's spent over $3000. I realize the drop has to be in because some people have discovered it but the rarity of this crate compared to previous crates is completely different.
    Riverbear, Beee and Cassta like this.
  2. Twofeets Active Member

Hell, I still havent gotten the familiar buff. I used my 500 DBC every month to buy crates, spent a few hundred dollars more on crates, and still never got the familar buff. I dont even want to think about the mount buff....
    Riverbear, Hiza, Kraeref and 2 others like this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

8K, really and I thought $300 was too much to spend on it :)
    Hartsmith, Beee and Cassta like this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

There is no point in spending more than it takes to get 7000 coins because then you can just buy it off the merchant.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No it's not "completely different". This is the same complaining that happened over Ergrott, the blue lion mount.

The thing to keep in mind is that DBG does NOT WANT YOU TO GET THE RARE THING. They do want you to blow real world money on TRYING to get the rare thing.Don't ever EXPECT to get the thing you most want.

Set a hard budget for how much money you are willing to set fire to, how much you can afford to lose with no gain, and then gamble only with that amount. Do the daily heritage crate Overseer mission, use your DBC500 monthly to buy crates, but don't spend money you can't afford.

If people have $8K to blow, more power to them. My spouse would kill me dead if I did that!
    Rattophaxe, Hiza, Paragonvii and 3 others like this.
  6. Sowy Active Member

Basically what you are saying is "I have no idea how hard it is to get these since I don't buy enough of them, but i saw people complaining before so it must be the same"

It's not the same. The odds are catastrophically different now.
    Kraeref, Melt, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

Very much this ^. The rarity is not even remotely the same.

I don't know anyone who has the mount buff. Back with Ergrott, Miricus, and Blood ember infusion my friends ended up getting it before me and that motivated my to keep spending money until I got it. This time around a bunch of people were plowing money into boxes and nobody got anything. So it is like it doesn't even exist.
    Melt, Cassta and Sowy like this.
  8. Paragonvii Active Member

Hey friends! So when I came back to the game I used my monthly 500 DB cash on the heritage crate and got the T REX mount and buff. My son flipped his lid lol. I was a pretty happy camper (i still am over that!). Not sure if this is the same thing were talking about but I think its really cool.
    Obano and Breanna like this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the drop rate.

"It is a fantastic addition to the game and if you don't like it then don't buy it."
    -- Corporate Commander
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

No Idea why they did not learn: If a price is too high revenue goes down

I think there are a lot of players who buy the new familiar, but none of them is willing to spend a huge random amount of money for the buff,
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

This. Set a buy now price, I'm not interested in gambling. I don't enjoy it, I don't win.
  12. MSMS New Member

Actual EQ2 is crazy RANDOM pay to win for getting items out of the heritage chests - geen for the new buff (Tolan's Darkwood Rare Mount Pack) - red for the old buff (Blood Ember Rare Familiar Pack)

Both should be buyable for reachable ingame currency (like 1000 Jadeite Medaillions)

You can't reach a player having these p2w buffs.

Both unreachable buffs were the reason why at least 5 players quit

PS: I opend about 400 green chests.. whithout succsess
    Riverbear likes this.
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

I think 7000 Jadeite Medaillions is fair price for the buff considering how OP they are. What they should do is put all the buffs on the merchant as soon as the new chests drop.

The gambling part of the getting these buffs things is dumb. Some people spend $0 and get it for free while others spend thousands and get nothing. I can't emphasize enough how much I hate the gambling. I don't even buy lottery tickets because I understand it is nothing more than a tax on people who are "bad at math."
    Beee likes this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

A high end player without the buffs can not do a high end player's output :mad:

A lot of players spend money for the familiar - because it's not too much and it's guatanteed for the money. I would never buy heritge chests for looting nothing - this is pure luck.
    I wonder why the loot boxes for money are not prohibited like in some european countries ;)
    Riverbear and Kraeref like this.
  15. Cylint Nyte Member

Just a bit of FYI, you can buy the Rare Familiar Pack from the same merchant that sells the Micrus merc and the Ergrott mount, Arabella F'arquharson. Costs 7k Jadeite Medallions.
    Riverbear and Beee like this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

The "Blood Ember Rare Familiar Pack" Buff is located in the middle of the itemlist (think daybreak forgot the 10 silver)
    It's free tradeable and might be sold in broker too (actual 350 kk Platin)

But "Tolan's Darkwood Rare Mount Pack" (20% stat increase of the mount) is not buyable. Just pure gambling luck for $$$ :eek:
    Obano likes this.
  17. Cylint Nyte Member

I never even implied that the mount pack was able to be purchased. I shared knowledge about the familiar pack. I am 100% aware that it is not currently able to be purchased on the vendor. I made my comment after reading Twofeets, MSMS and Obano's comments, just in case there were people in game who were not aware of this change. That said, unless something different happens until then, based strictly off this single case, I would look for them to add the mount buff during the next crate push (when they change from Tolan to something else), if it is going to happen at all - although I would hope they'd do it sooner.
    Beee likes this.
  18. Obano Well-Known Member

Well your comment wasn't helpful at all. We are talking about the mount buff, see the title of the thread. I want to be able to BUY it instantly rather than have to gamble for it.

Why do some people get it for FREE when others spend thousands and don't even get the buff to drop. All items should be available on the merchant so those who want to buy the newest items can get it right way.
    Riverbear and Beee like this.
  19. Cylint Nyte Member

You seem upset about (you?) dropping thousands on the crates; that's an individual's own decision to make. I dropped...money on it and spent only what I was willing to lose. It was not an insignificant sum but after I realized I was not going to see it anytime soon, I stopped spending. Also, the familiar buff WAS mentioned and talked about in this thread so I responded to that. If you don't like that, that is too bad. Assuming your comment about folks getting the rare buff was those who got it from the monthly 500 DBC, technically that isn't free. They still have to be members if I recall correctly. All members have the same equal shot at an RNG that seems to be a bit drunk at times.

Even if they did put the mount buff on the merchant, the amount of cash you would need to drop is not set; you can spend hundreds or even $1k+, depending on how many coins you get per crate (plus membership bonus). I would concede that it is an easier path to the rare buff currently than the mount buff, especially since you know the magic number you need to reach to get there, but getting so upset over a game... Anyway, have a good day, Obano.
    Riverbear likes this.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Yep. you can but if you want to get to those 7K medallions you still have to blow rl $$ to buy enough crates to get this amount. I am for example at 4K now and I open them each week, each day and buy additional crates of market regularly. I am assuming I will get enough coins to buy a familiar buff in 2 years when basically I am 90. (j/king)
    The problem for me is that I (like any unlucky rng user) have to spend real $$ to buy it when few got lucky and spent nothing for them. Some got lucky few times and now are selling them on broker for huge sums of plat. This is really stupid. If you want people money just put the buff on market for w/e dollars like they do with seasonal familiar crates. You spend $80 and one celestial familiar is guaranteed. Why not to do the same with familiar buff, merc and now with a mount buff. Lots of people will spend money as they do for familiar seasonal crates.
    Devs have to change this stupid rng game when some get lucky always and some get lucky never.
    Riverbear and Hartsmith like this.