Every single piece of Bruiser feedback in the GU beta was ignored

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Smashey, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

Why are we even bothering spending time on testing anything in this game? No communication, hardly any changes, complete silence. There is a ton of suggested tweaks that could and should happen and nill, zip, zero, nothing.

With these changes monks will still have a better temp rotation, survivability and they will still do 25% more damage if equally geared. Yes they did up the damage scaling on the original posted changes by 100% its still not enough and BOTH our prestige endline AA's are bugged or not scaling right.

People are spending their free time on trying to help this game still afloat and make sure classes work and you get absolutely nothing in return from this developer team. Last time I will personally spend any time on a beta just to get ignored, again.
  2. Sounson Active Member

Listen here, anonymous emo bruiser, the devs did make changes from beta feedback. The patch notes show they boosted the bruiser CAs by like double in some cases of what they were in beta, and then they nerfed the dev fist increase just to make sure monks didn't get too happy. You're just being whiney, Karen. Be grateful.
    Blazen likes this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

I am sorry but you are pretty dumb and have no clue what you are talking about. Increasing the damage of a few CA's does not fix the fundamental bruiser issues nor does it fix bugs that have been in the game for 8 years.

Grateful? SMH.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

The feedback wasn't ignored. The devs are just being exceptionally cautious not to boost Bruiser too much. I have been sending them feedback for the last couple of years and there has definitely been some improvements implemented. You just have to accept that Bruisers will never be as powerful as they were 8 years ago. That is why I recommend giving targeted feedback and not asking for the moon. With that said Bruisers are still going to be in need of significant boosting in future updates to become viable.

I would really like to see my to see my vision of Bruisers becoming the goto "3rd position tank." That is not to be confused with 3rd rate tank. The best place for a Bruiser is not in front of the mob but behind the mob and to pick up extra adds when the OT can't be in two places at once. This is the role I play in my current guild as one of the few raiding Bruisers. I am not the MT and not the OT either. Bruiser = 3rd tank.

To be a really good 3rd tank requires pulling my weight DPS and to be able to drag adds when needed. I would like to see more attacks that do extra damage when behind the mob as that supports the role of being a good 3rd tank. That is why I really like the ability sucker punch. Bruisers should be known as the fighter that has positional attacks like a scout. That way Bruiser can pull monster DPS when they have nothing to tank and then when adds pop use drag which no other class or tank has.

[IMG]
    Breanna and Blazen like this.
  5. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

This man gets bruisers.
    Breanna and Obano like this.
  6. ShalakoLee New Member

what you said makes sense for raids.... what about groups lol.... in your scenario, where the bruiser needs to be behind, what is the point for a bruiser, we don't do Monk DPS so not a dps class, and tanking? lol
  7. ShalakoLee New Member

Just an FYI.... Bruisers were supposed to be the fighters that could do high dps and monks were supposed to be the fighters that could be avoidance tanks..... I think that was forgotten
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Obano likes this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

I don't have problems getting positional attacks off in heroics even while tanking. Just use it on mem-wipe or if someone rips aggro and there is always drag which exposes the mobs back when moving.

Bruisers are perfectly fine in heroics. The real problem is raids in which the class is generally too weak to be viable. High end raid content basically requires a Monk in the raid for winds of salvation and 15 trigger intercept otherwise it can't be completed. Any Bruiser that joins a raid guild will eventually be forced to go Monk. The key word here being forced.

Bruisers were originally the higher DPS Brawler but right now Monks got us beat in both offense and defense while having better utility on top of it. The CA boost we got needed to be at least three times larger than what was given to fix the dps disparity. That doesn't even begin to address any of the other issues.
  9. Smashey Well-Known Member

I posted a bug report in the bug section last week with 4 bugs that I would like to get sorted asap. It got 1 like so far.

Shows you how little people care about the bruiser class and how few plays it.
  10. Obano Well-Known Member

Most players don't read the bug report forum. I didn't know about your post until you mentioned it here.
    Smashey likes this.
  11. Vixen New Member

Good thing you posted bug reports and want them fixed asap. Devs are standing by to assist.
    This class was broken for years. Parts of the game are being completely ignored. What makes you think they care about your bugs and even if anyone all 14 people that have Bruiser alts "liked" your post?
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

Me being naive, stupid and paying so they could have an income making a subpar MMO I suppose.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

You mean so they could make a great MMO subpar
  14. Paragonvii Active Member

I'm sorry, but a bruiser should 100% be as valuable in group or raid as a monk. They are tank/ off tank classes
    I have seen Monks MT raids last expansion. There is no reason not to expect the same from a bruiser class. It should be as valuable as any class and bring to the table EITHER DPS or TANKING or a blend of both, which ideally is your off tank. It never should have been associated as a "diaper class" which is the product of multiple needs and then no fixes. I love the class it really is cool, it is broken. It would not hurt to give some love to bruiseys and breath a little life in the game.
    Obano likes this.