Duplicate Divine Waters deals damage to group members

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Benj, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Benj Well-Known Member

The title says it all. This spell, which used to be a heal-over-time with a second heal on termination, now deals magic damage to group members. The flavor text still claims it is a heal-over-time, but the effect text explicitly says "Inflicts...magic damage on group members". Quite a lot of magic damage.
    [IMG]

This first parse is against a named in Den of Shadows. Divine Waters appeared on my (tank) incoming damage parse.

This second parse is out of combat, with the Inquisitor in our group casting nothing but Divine Waters. That spell alone began an ACT encounter, which shows the cleric doing outgoing damage, and the rest of the group taking incoming damage.

https://imgur.com/a/bcibMH0
    Jinksie, Uwopo, Carynn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

Seems I can't add the ACT screenshots. I keep getting the error "The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it."

Thanks Bludd for the suggestion!
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

go to imgur.com and upload it there
    Benj likes this.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Good lord - why would that do that to a heal spell - boggles the mind. I would think you would take it off your hotbar until fixed.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

its most likely a bug wrt the actual numbers and how they are stored. maybe its a signed 32 bit integer rolls around to its max negative value
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I think that is happening with more than a few spells.
  7. Uwopo Active Member

Feels like this is a regression bug, since a lot of these signed integer overflows were fixed a while ago.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this internally yet. Can anybody affected please private message me a server and character name?
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Ratalthor Developer