Server Maintenance - April 6, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 5, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Find them here!
  2. FilCat New Member

over 2 months of playing, I got the impression that servers are often turned off than on ...
    whateverfla likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

today a middle expansion pack will be released on Kaladim so that might take a little longer , and since Kaladim is in the same group as all American servers all have to wait for that .
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Lizerd Keng New Member

whatever happened to the maintenance schedule being once every 2 weeks? seems like they are still down every week or sometimes twice a week when the thursday updates come too.
    whateverfla likes this.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

How do we help with the PvP beta test?
    Siren likes this.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

7. Hilarie New Member

And a lot of it seems like stuff that could wait.

Didn't they use to have server-side hotfixes where they'd bring things down for ~5 minutes as well?
  8. Gojiria Member

The changes they've made have obviously wrought havoc on the system or something, and make it that much more twitchy?

Who knows.

Who cares.

If you're THAT unhappy with things, quit, like I am when my sub runs out in a month or so.

Game's up, by the way, play on.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

WOOOHOOO servers back up
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Lizerd Keng New Member

I'm not THAT unhappy. Just wondering whats up
  11. Pathetica Active Member

There's always someone who has to jump in and tell you to quit. I swear. They are so predictable and so annoying. They don't seem to realize that some of us (not saying you) live to complain!
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was seeing the warning that the system would go down at 7 AM PDT over 12 hours later upon login.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. FilCat New Member

Today, April 8, the servers are down again. Over the past month, they have not worked for 7 days. That is, 25% of the paid service was not provided through the fault of the service owners. I would like to know how this will be compensated.
    More and more often I ask myself: why pay a subscription fee if the service does not work most of the time?
    whateverfla likes this.
  14. Magnann New Member

Agree, and im guessing the reason that there isnt more people mentioning this, is that: AS USUAL downtime is only during EU prime time, so it "only" takes play time from all of us in europe.
  15. FilCat New Member

is payment in euros something fundamentally worse than payment in dollars? Or are Europeans second-class people and their interests can be neglected?
    Magnann likes this.
  16. Kanv Member

Sigh, another raid is cancelled
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this time all servers went down , even the Public Test server :( .
    But there is light at the end of the tunnel , the character select page is back only the toons are all still locked .
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Happening during my hopefully to be done game time to. Daytime US.

Hmmm, couldn't find a way to load the test server this afternoon. Nothing in the Launcher.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Nazz Playing off and on since '04

Might want to check that math again. The only way that works out to 25% is if the servers were down for a full 24 hours on those 7 days, which they were not.
    Pathetica likes this.
  20. FilCat New Member

do you play 24 hours a day? shutting down the server during prime time is tantamount to a completely lost day.
    whateverfla likes this.