Some Quick Questions and Answers for Tarinax Beta Launch/Server

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Apr 5, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone! We know you're excited about the launch of Tarinax beta and wanted to take a moment to answer.
    • Will you be allowing Alts? We are allowing Alts. The 1 character pers server thing was for the Seasonal Pvp server. So yes, we are allowing alts.
    • Will Premium Races be on Tarinax? No premium races
    • What AAs will the server be starting with? KoS AAs (Kaladim AAs)
    • Will there be beta rewards (for reaching a certain level, etc.)? No, there will not.
    • Will the server/beta require All Access? Yes, both the beta and the server will require All Access
    • Will there be premium classes like Beastlord or Channelers? No, there will not be since it locks at TSO.
    • How long of a beta do you expect? We're currently planning for a beta period of about 30 days but that is subject to change
    • Will there be a special ruleset for Tarinax? Not outside of the above stated changes and PvP
    • What time will beta open on 4/6? Tentatively 12 PM PDT but this time can shift as checks are completed, I will update throughout the day (DW).
    • Will there be level locking? Pending an answer
    • Will there be level baubles to test content for beta? We will be opening the server with beta boosts
    There are a few more general questions that you are waiting on but I wanted to make sure these were visible for all of you. If there are more GENERAL questions you have, feel free to put them down below and I will answer them in the posts.

Please keep in mind, I am going to be removing commentary or posts that are too specific as this will live here for beta as a reference for new players. Once we launch Tarinax I'll be opening other posts.
  2. Wardance New Member

How do you access the beta once the server is up?
    Sixgauge likes this.
  3. Trox New Member

Will the Celebration Bundle be usable on this server? And if so, if we claim in Beta will we be able to reclaim when Tarinax launches?
    Carynn likes this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Top Left corner of launcher, change client to beta server in the drop down menu. Dreamweaver said to wait til tomorrow to download (probably the newest GU beta is still up right now), but theoretically we should be able to pre-download before Tarinax beta goes live at around 12PM PST/3PM EST ballpark.
  5. Alex_SE New Member

Will there be possible to create a level 70 character?
  6. Inmyprime Member

For the Beta and or live server, will any class be able to start on either faction? For example, Brigand or Necro start in Qeynos? Towards the end of the seasonal server they allowed those specific classes to be apart of either faction. I was playing a defiler in Qeynos for a bit. I would like to see this considering we are not going for the FFA model anymore.

Thanks!
  7. Spectre Active Member

Evil races/classes start in evil faction cities
    Good races/classes start in good faction cities

So no to your goodie brigand and necro.

With Exile faction you get them all
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

You'll be creating a level one character then using the beta buff. If you are asking once the server goes live, no I don't believe that is in the plans.
    Sixgauge and Siren like this.
  9. Spectre Active Member

Betraying will be possible during beta? To go exile specifically. Thanks =)
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Will there be Familiars and Grand Master spell researching?
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

12. Siren Well-Known Member

On Seasonal they had a Priest of Discord NPC for each faction (SFP one was in guild building) that you could instant Exile with and keep your class. Kander mentioned fast side switching on Discord a few weeks ago, so I suspect this will be the case again on Tarinax.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

I doubt there will be Familiars; I don't think they were on DT or Seasonal because they weren't there at launch/early expansions.

Grandmaster spells can't be researched on the TL Progression servers like Kaladim and Tarinax as they can on the live, L120 servers. They're only available on TLs as "Character Development" spell and skill upgrades once every 10 levels on the 4's (L14, 24, 34 etc.) and only a few of them at that. Press L, then the Character Development button at top left, then the 3rd tab at top right.

Kaladim can research up to Masters. I suspect that will be the case on Tarinax, but we'll see soon enough.

Less than a full day to go now til we know. Woot!
  14. JLane Member

On previous servers the Betrayal was an issue because people couldn't play with their groups/guilds day 1 for leveling which is a real pain. Should definitely make the evil/good classes flexible again as they did last time to prevent those issues.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Familiars weren't on DT because they weren't in the game yet.

Fallen Gate had both Familiars and Grand Master Spell research. They made a point not have them to Kaladim.

The reason I asked, was because of this comment.

• Will there be a special ruleset for Tarinax? Not outside of the above stated changes and PvP
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds like none of that is going to be there, which is really for the best. Too much OP stuff kills the population, as new players through word-of-mouth, latecomer old players and alts get hit by perma-brick-walls in every tier til they quit.

Same thing happens with locked twinks, unfortunately: L14s, then 28s/38s/48s/58s of locked twinks just puts off newbies, latecomers and alts til the server empties out. If people feel like they can never get past the constant 1-shots, they leave for other games. I bet the devs make PvP XP unable to be turned off. It's what they did on Deathtoll and both Seasonals, for the aforementioned reasons.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

I agree it would be better if it was not in, but where did you get the info that it wasn't?
  18. Frostfang Member

I agree that P2W mechanics should be minimized, but let's be real, anyone that can't even get a character to max on a pvp server wouldn't do any better at max level and wouldn't stick around very long in the first place.
  19. Frostfang Member

That info wasn't released but I'd say given that a lot of the previous store items have disappeared from past pvp iterations and the fact that this time, they're even going as far as removing premium races, I'd say you should expect less P2W than before.
    Siren and Zenji like this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

The devs have all the data mining, and have put up a number of PvP servers over the years. Deathtoll, as well as both Season 1 & Season 2 of Nagafen 2.0 have featured PvP XP that could not be turned off.

Look what happened during the 1st Nagafen 2.0 Season beta: Day 1 was overrun with players, many returning from the bygone Nagafen OG days. After literally only 1 day of griefers one-shotting newbies over and over as they zoned into the game, as well as any time they tried to zone by bells to anywhere else, by day 2 the server had emptied out, and neither Nagafen Season ever had a population afterward. Most people just don't put up with it. Having seasons sucked too, but that first day was an absolute madhouse. Griefers killed it. There's a reason the devs always make PvP XP unable to be shut off.
    Lovidicus likes this.