Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's fine. I've been bobbing and weaving between those deep red mobs picking up harvests and piano keys for years. They're not that hard to avoid and the anchor isn't even in the middle of the area, just carefully placed on the edge so you can carefully sidle up to it and back off.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh. It's still nerve-wracking. :-/

Seriously, just like the equivalent of 10' down the road, and it wouldn't be an issue, ever; just as delightful as the rest, maybe as bad as that permanent Faire in Darklight Wood with the deck of cards. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and you got to sneak by the bears to get back to the Overseer quest giver in Darklight woods one step to the side and any low level will die . any faction .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

However, if one comes in via the griffon from Butcherblock, you get dropped of safely right near where you want to go (no agro between the griffon & quest giver).

Of course, this assumes people know that.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Assuming people know that" is one of the mottoes of the EQ universe, I swear. :-/

If folks want to make their fortune, all they have to do is open up a third-party information site for the unintuitive quests... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1) Please, please, please make it so that after 3-4 attempts at a Pie collectible, the bloody thing just gives up and lets us have what we're trying to get? Being surrounded by 27+ "glowies" gets really frustrating after awhile. X-P

(And no, I won't stop requesting it year after year after year after year after year. It only took 7 years of me [and probably others as well ;->] muttering about the Frostfell crafting limitations to finally get us stations we could use all year-round.)

2) Is there any way we could get an option to have a race "sealed off" like an instance or the Evil/Good tradeskill questline in New Halas? I don't really care that much one way or another about the rewards, I just want to be able to do my required races for the Achievement in peace and quiet, without a gang of "professional racers" waiting to pounce on any poor schmuck silly enough to just want to get it over with (while, okay, earning perhaps enough points to be able to get a silly li'l house item or cute pet as a nice reward). :-/

Granted, there are times one can just ask if one could do it quickly, alone, once, and have it be honored (thanks, Lera! :D), but that's not always the case. :-/

I rejoiced when the idiotic requirement for 3+ people to be necessary before one could even think about starting a race was eliminated (which had originally eliminated people with odd schedules from ever getting it done); now I'd like the option to just race the clock, not a bunch of thugs (seriously, I'd consider it on the level of griefing at times). Of course, if one shows up with one's buddies and wants to race against each other in an "open" race, that should be an option, too, perhaps even the default. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they already shortened how many rounds pop Uwkete , it used to be even worse .
    I used to just give up and find another shiny .
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

If I pick up a shiny and it splits into more I just move on. Life's too short. And I hate having to harvest other purple shinies in EL because of them :(
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the ones that split are one collection you will only get from this special shinies .
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes, and I'd rather do without it than suffer the frustration and pain that it causes.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd be there ankle-deep in glowies, only to have them ALL fade away and leave none behind at all... X-P

Most of my many, many toons don't have that one completed. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

man I was counting on this last day of the Bristlebane event to do some quests and kill lots of patchwork critters .
    This downtime is going to make it really hard for me to get it all done :(.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This was announced yesterday at the same time as the downtime announcement:

Bristlebane Day has now been extended in-game. It'll be deactivated on 4/9 at 11:59 PM.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It does not matter , when I am in the game playing , I don't look at announcements , I raid , or run instances and such .
    And I am just sad because I won't be able to get my rabbit mount ( unless I buy one for real money )
    But heck the game is still fun without a cute jumping really high , adorable bunny .
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

But what I'm saying is that now tomorrow is the last day, not today, so you have some extra time now, once they can get the servers back up.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It appears we got an extra day , Bristlebane day is still up :D
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{tickle} that's what I was telling you in my two most recent posts. Through tonight at midnight.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea Niami , I was just to tired to understand what your telling me :), all I knew was what the in game calendar shows .
    Thanks Mom .
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, the in-game calendar cannot be edited as often, nor as quickly as other design aspects, and it is *not* automatically updated with current event data. That's right... the calendar is a completely separate system that has to be updated by hand each year for every entry. The actual activation and deactivation of an event happens behind the scenes.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

Ew, doesn't that sound fun. Well, we thank you guys for doing it. I love the calendar.