Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw... :(

And yeah, the downtime of several hours on both ends (in the morning of the 16th and late at night/into the morning of the 17th) was making us all anxious.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

The 4/1 only content is NOW active on Test!

New Bristlebane Day Features for ’21 –High day 4/1
    TLE servers
    • The entire event is active!
    Live Servers
    • Heartgar MacInnes, the Erollisi Day exchanger, is now available on this day in order to help organize loot obtained from Jester's superior gardens.
    • New Quest
      • Riddle Mei-Theiz - Repeatable every year
    Returning Bristlebane Day Celebrations –High day 4/1:
    • All chests = gigglegibber comfort cubes.
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester’s superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • Achievements:
      • Fur Finder / Rabbit Nabber / Bunny Hoarder / Hare Wrangler / Cottontail Collector / The Fast and the Furriest
        • Bunnies in Savage Weald, Shadeweaver’s Thicket can be captured for this event!
    • Collections
      • Prankster’s Novelties – Not repeatable
    • Quests
      • Riddled Throughout the Land – Repeatable every year
        • New reward choice - Cobalt Stone of Gygax
      • Riddled Again – Repeatable every year
        • New reward choice - Rose Stone of Chance
      • Riddled Yet Again – Repeatable every year
        • New reward choice - Ruby Stone of Arneson
    Any feedback submitted after 3/21/2021 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

The 4/1 only content will run through 3/21 for testing purposes, and then be back on 4/1.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{smirk} did you know you can't "rabbit nab" one of the tinkerfest chickens? {fingersnap}
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

All new house items rewards for 4/1 are good.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

By the way, is the Rhei Sphinx Plushie supposed to be named "Rhei" (some random sphinx we don't know) or "Mei" after the sphinx who gives us the quest?
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, Rhei isn't a name of a sphinx, it is a female sphinx.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, but you can try! (*for a limited time only.)

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kattt Well-Known Member

A little longer? It was over 7 hours extra added onto the expected 2 hour downtime. I had about 5 hours worth of things left to do when it was pulled down. Not to mention the last thing I do is spend shop cash on the holiday items there. That time was all taken. I (and others) even asked on the other thread nicely, to extend brewday just a little bit. Even extended just to the morning would have given back what was taken...while we...at least I, waited patiently for the servers to come back up that whole day. Not to mention the shop lost out on my money.
    Disappointed and aggravated to say the least. =(
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kattt I absolutely agree I had the same problem I was running around like a headless chicken trying to finish up some of the quests , and at the end I stayed up till 3 am my time to get as much done as possible , sigh .
    The next morning I woke up shell shocked and I did not want to begin any quests for the Chrono event .
    Don't get me wrong I am endlessly gratefully we got extra time for the Brewday event , but like Katt I was sitting in front of the computer afraid to do anything else , waiting for the game to come back on line .

But lets get to work on Bristlebane , another fun event .
    And I am happy to see you here on the forum again Niami .

I would love to get those chickens as a housing item , we could make a farm , we got cows , pigs , and horses .
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Through 3/21"? Like, 11:59 pm PDT on the 21st? :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, the second riddle of the new quest giver Sphinx gal: I know the answer, I just can't find the stupid thing. I'm on Whisperwind Isle in Barren Sky and not having any luck at all. :-/

If no one wants to spoil it, you can PM me. ;)

EDIT: Never mind; found it...and yep, location is correct. I've also marked up every single map I own in vengeance's sake ("RIGHT HERE."). ;->

FEEDBACK: Could we get it placed closer to one of the Ulteran Spires or the Cloud Platforms? I can see folks of lower levels having difficulties getting to it safely. :-/

Yes, lowbees could wait for the dangers to path away from it, but those quest givers are only there for one day. If it was the entirety of the holiday, that might be worth taking time. :-/

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: It's cool that we have the Erollisi treat trader gal available, but could we also get in the goblin trader for candy corn? :)

Also: the artwork for the current dice house pets don't have the numbers "painted," just deep grooves for them. Is this intentional? The Cobalt Stone of Gygax, for example, would be difficult to read if used in a table-top game without being inked after-market by the buyer. :-/

EDIT: Hmm...looking at the Cobalt Stone, it seems it has been "painted," but with black vs. white. White would be better for contrast.

Of the other new ones, the Rose has good black "paint" (except for maybe on the 6?), but the Ruby looked just deeply carved?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for the help testing and providing feedback, even while suffering server stability issues.

I'll be giving Beast'r and Bristlebane Day 4/1 content a few more days to be active on Test, as a result, but know that today was the cut-off for getting feedback in time to be taken into account for this year. (I can't affect live event design deadlines, sadly.) Thankfully, you focused on these events pretty quickly and feedback was delivered swiftly.

I appreciate your time and feedback, and as you all can attest, your input always helps to impact the events enjoyed by all of Norrath!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Schmetterling, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BLESS YOU, KAITHEEL! :D

I thought I'd lost my last chances to get my Testers finished before the 1st, when they'd have to compete with everyone else on my servers! :D

Truly, thou art a prince among devs! :)

Uwk
    who wonders: how long is "a few more days"...? /ponder
    Breanna, Kaitheel and Siren like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Kaitheel
    the good news is , had there been anything wrong Niami would have been all over it .
  16. Kaitheel Developer

It all depends on how long the issues persist.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o our Bristleday event will last till November .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

:D:D:D
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I can't find Heartgar MacInnes anywhere , where is she at ?
    NVM shes in town just like during Erollisi Day .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's a wee bit nerve-wracking (well, more than a wee, actually :-/) to have the anchor riddle clue as close as it is to the fairly high-level aggros. Not everyone who needs it is gonna have those fellows at green or grey; to most of the Uwk Horde, they're still bright red, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. So! Suggestion: shift it west, to the southern end of the big clump of stand-alone rocks that are just east of the Whisperwind fairies; too far west from Criggle Cloudpuff to trigger him, with coords of somewhere near -509.71, -74.71, -337.50. :)

Less ulcers that way... :-/

Uwk
    who has yet to actually lose any Hordelings to the nasties yet, but it's only a matter of time and imprecise toon placement... :-/
    Breanna likes this.