Server Maintenance - April 1, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Stop being arrogant. He's European and he probably speaks English better than you could speak or write his native language. And secondly, anyone that doesn't know the difference between "speak vs. spoke," much less the difference between "write vs. speak," is hardly in a position to throw stones.
    Cassta, Breanna, Siren and 3 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

So, let me see if I get this straight after reading the patch notes re: Coins of Cabal. We are going to make them No-Trade and now they're all obsolete and the old coins you had will be replaced after the update. So the 64K question: Where the hell are the new coins that are supposed to replace the ones that just got fubared since it's now 9:10 am and after the update and all I see are worthless coins still on my toons. And I hear the old prices were jacked up about 200%. Seriously, people before you start making changes trying doing basic math on how many coins a weekly gives, and then figure out how many weeks it will take to run said instances to get enough coins to buy this stuff. I know it's a concept, but think about it.
    Cassta, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

man I am happy I am playing on a TLE server , wait things like that happen there too , you just can't escape the detriments dished out to us anywhere .
    About that new computer thing , grrrr I got a very good one and I have those lag problems and the log in problems like everybody else , but I do understand that all the new stuff they try to put in to the game cause a lot of work to optimize the game again .
    So give the programmers a break , or at least appreciate the work they put into the game , like that Sunday
    fix they put in , so at least we did not have to wait till Monday .

lol and Halfling females ran like that for years till it was finally fixed about 2 years ago .
    Cassta, Breanna and Siren like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

And it might also be worth considering that it will take a player far less time to move on to a new game than to do the above maths ...
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I know people were willing to do that back in the past, early 2000s. I did try WoW for awhile, but came back here.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the April Fools day when stuff would flash across the screen. Things like you're drowning, or your shoe is untied. LOL that was great it was also probably 14 or 15 years ago.
    Siren, Cassta and Schmetterling like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Breanna that sounds like fun .
    Siren, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just got "You are overburdened" a few seconds ago and was all like, "Wha....?"
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

10. Cassta Well-Known Member

Sounds like an excellent idea! I would also like to add...enough with the "No Transmute, No Salvage" tags. It feels like another hit to crafters to me. When the items we use to level up our transmute, salvage, etc skills are consistently made unavailable it makes it difficult to level those skills, especially for new players.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  11. Cassta Well-Known Member

^^^ Ditto and Amen Schmetterling! I completely and totally agree with everything you said.
    Bhayar, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

As always, well said Sigrdifa!
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Cassta Well-Known Member

I prefer the speedy running as well. Perhaps this is a "have to" change in oder to decrease lags. If so, please let us know. A short explaination for why this decision was made would go far with me.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I's loves Cassta she's alwayses calm and friendly .
    I's thinks my English is very good's for a Ratonga , yesh , yesh .
    And the running slow makes my legses look nice and long ;) it looks hot ( giggles )
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

I love your English Schmetterling and your little giggles. I'll have to check out your legs. ;)
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hey you typed in black!! What's up with that?
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

it looks better with non-hyper running animation
    ttobey also has wanted to fix it for a long time

imho you are just used to the hyper-fast animation and just super-aware that it has changed. it will grow on you and become normal soon enough
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

The fix to the normal running animation is fine. However, I would like the correct walk animation back. Currently if you toggle run off you no longer get a walk but $6m man running which quite frankly just looks ridiculous.
    AOE1, Cassta and Finora like this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I just noticed this today. =(
    Now everyone "walks" like Ratonga & Halflings used to (aka slow jog)
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Cassta Well-Known Member

Girl you kill me! :p:D I forgot to change the color. If you want I can always bring back my bright fuschia. :rolleyes: