Server Maintenance - April 1, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 31, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Find them here
    Cassta likes this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Because of the maintenance, Bristlebane Day - highest of silly days is now set to deactivate on 4/2/21 at 11:59pm.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Bleh! and Yay!
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was just wondering about that.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The announcement I saw in game said 1 hour, so in game announcement might be re broadcast.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

You know, I was curious if this were a real patch or an April Fool's patch, but I see real patch notes. :p
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I saw that on Thurgadin earlier tonight, so I thought it was shorter for Thurg...sigh. :-/

But at least they're extending the Highest of High Silly Days! :D

Thanks, devs! :)

Uwk
  8. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

Pls repatch the movement to originlay version the way the toons walking look awfull and not fitting to the classes evan we have no more sound while walking if feets hit the Ground.

This was a funny thing on some races like rattonga if running fast through zones.
    I dont know whats the reason to change this but atm its very un cool.

Looks like walking on soap or ice or at least e reincanation of Michael Jackson on Moon Walk
    Breanna, Geroblue and Cassta like this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you VERY much for the Bristlebane Day extension!
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  10. Cylob Member

Agreed!
    Loved the speedy running much more. Maybe give the option to choose between the two?
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Dolgrin Active Member

The No Trade is an Bristlebane joke, isn't it?
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I guess not,

but in my opionon its the next big epic mega giga terra FAIL of DB and blames all the players who invest a lot of time and money to the game.

At least they punish the players which left here and play the game especialy on serval toons which coasts a lot of time and fervor to play.

I like the game but i am going to HATE this NO Trade Histeria, on first this isn t alt freindly 2nd thier is no reason to make any usefull stuff or currency no trade.

I never will get the point things especialy those who dont hit any hit any nail in a way of a problem if things stay hierloom, esepcialy the Currecy from any source Sumer Event // GUs or what ever.

The only things should be NO Trade are Class or Race Bound things coming from Heritage or Hallmark // Signature Quests all other stuff should be Hierloom ALL not the half or a quater ALL!!!!
    Cassta, Siren, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  13. Pantu New Member

Hellfiren
    Please learn to spoke before making long complaints... your post is hard to read, and after reading it, I suddenly feel dumber.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahhhh YESSSS thanks for extending this highest day of the Bristleday event .

I am sick and tired of all those no trade no value , no this no that , what's the point of that .
    Some of those things you make no value we worked hard for to get , even paid a good amount of in game money for ,
    and only to become garbage a short time later and I mean that , only fit to be destroyed .
    :( :mad:
    Cassta, Breanna, Siren and 3 others like this.
  15. Pantu New Member

It's kind of funny reading the complaints. Most, if not all the complainers seem to have forgotten the contract they agreed to when they began playing this game. It's also funny to watch them blame the Devs for everything they don't like about the game or changes to the game, especially knowing that half of them could simply make a quick change in game options to solve the issue they are complaining about, or buy a new computer as their computers are fiercely out of date in most cases causing the issues they complain about.
  16. Nabu veteran infrequent poster

Yeah, Please reinstate previous running.. the slow mo running on ice is like those zones where the floor is deliberately slippy... it's just weird... unless of course the slower running is meant to increase performance or reduce animation lag???

Cassta likes this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet that you don't speak the native language of that poster half as well as they speak english. I know that sadly I don't. Get over it and move on.
    Cassta, Siren and Pathetica like this.
  18. TheRealKraggy New Member

The fact that a contract allows something doesn't mean that doing it isn't a dick move.

Just saying.
    Cassta, Schmetterling and Tkia like this.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

That contract ain't worth a hill of beans legally and while the devs can make any changes they like, if they persist in making unpopular changes that drive their players away to other games then that's hardly in their own best interests, is it?

And as most creative changes come from the dev team, yes that's where the blame is going to fall. Where else would you place it? Some mechanics changes are obviously driven from the bean counters higher up the chain but those are usually recognised and that's where the blame goes on those occasions.

As for 'go buy a new computer' I am so tired of hearing that from the arrogant and ignorant. Just because you can afford to throw money at a new machine on a whim doesn't mean everybody is in the same happy state. Some people actually have to prioritise little things like feeding their family over getting new toys. "Let them eat cake ... "
    Cassta, Pathetica and Bhayar like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not everyone has English as their first language. Ease up, dude!
    Geroblue, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.