Producer's Letter: Spring 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

DITTO! Well said Jaxyn. Thank you for putting the feedback out again.
    Mizgamer62 and Breanna like this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO! I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said 110% 1,000%. Thank you SO MUCH for this post. You were able to say everything I am always trying to say but usually mess up due to my strong feelings about these subjects. :D
    AOE1, Mizgamer62 and Breanna like this.
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you for your comments Benito. I understand where you are coming from and your desire to be helpful. I think the OP is trying to say we should not have to jump through these hoops. I agree with that line of thinking. I spent RL money for all the expansion content, yet full access is not available without forced play. There should be NO forced play. We are supposed to be able to "play our game our way" However, it has been made impossible for many due to all these requirements. I sometimes reach my limit and rant in gen chat. :rolleyes: There are always one or more peeps who respond with the same comments you just gave. The point is there are many of us who do not want to be forced to complete the sig line, regardless of how easy or hard it is. Forced play is NOT fun. :(
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

There can NEVER be too many new recipes for furniture, clothes, building blocks or items from nature. :D Some of the old houses are available from the loyalty merchants.
    Mizgamer62 and Breanna like this.
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said.
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

Absolutely! What happened to being allowed to be a crafter OR an adventurer? NO MORE FORCED PLAY!
    Mizgamer62, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  7. For The Server!!!! New Member

Is this going to be a free for all pvp... Or Good vs evil classes?
    Mizgamer62 and Cassta like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the next PvP is supposed to be the traditional kind and for now will be locked to an expansion with a level cap of 90 .
    At least that's what I understand .

I always did everything in this game , craft , explore , harvest and adventure , but I understand that others prefer
    on over the other , and it used to be they could .
    Mizgamer62, Breanna and Cassta like this.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I like to do both as well, but not necessarily on the same characters. All of my adventuring characters are crafters, but not all of my crafters are adventurers.

But the issue is more the way they have gutted crafting. Mastercrafted armor has been nerfed so badly, it's not really better than handcrafted, yet it takes about 10 times longer to craft, and the rares are still expensive and rare to find. (As they should be, but not if the MC armor is so nerfed.) There's no longer a point to doing the tradeskill apprentices; even the reactant gear has been horribly nerfed; it used to be the best for each tier, and now it's no better than standard MC.

At the newer tiers it's even worse; you need to find a PATTERN for each piece of gear, and the pattern is usable ONCE. (In real life, a pattern can be used multiple times; using the pattern didn't cause it to become completely trashed, if the person using the pattern knows what s/he's doing! But I guess our crafters are considered complete novices, because they trash the pattern during each use.) I should point out as well, that even the IDEA of needing a pattern is baffling. The recipe itself should BE the pattern, as has always been the case in the past.

I don't mind the tradeskill books being locked behind Overseer quests, because at least those are easy enough to do, but making many of those books heirloom is irritating, as we can't put those books in our guild depots. They stack, but it means wasting bag space on a character in order to hold all of the ones you get that you don't need to use immediately.

And the No Value tag on crafted items is ridiculous. I agree with the above poster; the new restrictions are ridiculous. It's like they're mocking crafters, and informing us how little we matter to them. And they don't even care, because when we object, they simply ignore the objections and do nothing about it.
    Lateana, Finnwizz, Mizgamer62 and 4 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the problem is the surveys they put out , those don't give them the right idea , the questions were just to limiting .
    To ask what do you usually do or what are you doing the most , does not answer what do you want to do the most .
    Just as they had the wrong idea about us liking quests if they are not endless grinds .
    I love to do quests , they give you a reason to hate this mob , or to collect that junk over there , and quests give nice xp .
    I love to craft , but only if it's useful .
    You spend a lot of time making things , it should be rewarding .
    A lot of people are crafters in this game , do they want to have us leave ? so they can shut down the game ?
    It for sure looks like a big group of people are being disregarded , is it because we are usually quiet ?
    Lateana, Mizgamer62, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said!
    Lateana, Mizgamer62 and Breanna like this.
  12. pocketheals New Member

so ive been banned before on discord for saying good job on getting pvp out on the time claimed from daybreak... now ive been banned on a new acc for no reason I pay 30$ a month for 2 accs cant get back into my discord accounts @dreamweaver I have seem him warn people.. but never warned me for anything what is this ? so others get warnings? teachers pet thing? im curious only people he likes gets a warning???
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I will not be subscribing again in August, and this time I am serious as sin. This crap with the Bounty finished it off for me. With all the other bad ideas and changes, this was the straw that broke me. You killed tradeskilling because the armor and weapons are not worth the time to skill up to make them. The new weapons you have to raid to get the mats so that killed the non raider tradeskillers. You have been putting the carpenter furniture items forsale on the marketplace AND giving them away as rewards for years killing much of that. The Celestial drops being next to nil was bad then you dropped that to darn near zip drops, then they supposedly fixed that and it was still zip drops and pq's died. Now with this bounty trying to do the one solo players could do has been killed off. Standing around for an hour for a PH to spawn then another hour for another PH to spawn, rinse and repeat is NOT what I call fun. spending all day and most of the night trying to get 9 named to spawn, basically standing in one spot till your eyes bleed is NOT fun.

It is truly sad what has happened to a game that so many have spent so much time in and enjoyed for so many years.
    Lateana, Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

Agreed and I hope you will not leave. :(

You killed tradeskilling because the armor and weapons are not worth the time to skill up to make them. The new weapons you have to raid to get the mats so that killed the non raider tradeskillers. You have been putting the carpenter furniture items forsale on the marketplace AND giving them away as rewards for years killing much of that.

It is extremely disappointing and annoying to not be able to make weapons and armor we can sell. A byproduct is tradeskillers are unable to recuperate fuel and time costs due to item tags which do not allow us to sell them. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY A COMPRIMISE CAN NOT BE FOUND. o_O

I have enjoyed being able to buy past items I missed, however, I believe there should be one very specific item NEVER made available for purchase. The Collectors edition in the tin box. Those who missed it and want it can do some research and find an unopened copy. They are out there, trust me I have found and bought them. (Just be sure they are in the shrink-wrap.) I spotlight this particular item because it was unveiled as a one-time only purchase. We were strongly encouraged, and told, to buy it because it would NEVER be made available for purchase again. Yes you can still occasionally find unopened ones at Best Buy, etc. which would constitute a legimate purchase in my eyes.

Although I like being able to buy past items I missed earning in-game, it INFURIATES me beyond imagination to see Marketplace items being given away during Panda quests or sold by status and city merchants. During the 16 years I have been playing I have LITERALLY spent thousands, probably tens of thousands real life dollars on Marketplace items. Seeing them available for NO cash is a slap in the face to dedicated Marketplace customers. I am VERY surprised a decrease in MP sales has not happened, or maybe it has. You have planted the thought in our heads, "Why should I buy it? If I wait long enough I can get it for free." :mad:

I am fully aware I am going to receive negative comments. Am I displaying a sense of entitlement? Yes I probably am and you know what, not only have I earned it, I have paid for it. That being said, as a person I do not feel I am better than anyone else. I have no expectations of being treated special because I am not special. I am a person with emotions and empathy for others. I have opinions I feel strongly about and am luckly to have this forum to share them. I notice many other people have similar opinions, indicating I am not alone. :)
    AOE1, Breanna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Really dubious as to "for no reason", but... you need to PM Dreamweaver. "@dreamweaver" doesn't do a thing here.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Tarinax will be Factional (Qeynos vs Freeport) with Exiles (which are FFA and can kill or be killed by any side of any level).
  17. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Sadly its been this way since daybreak took over and has been downhill every expac. Its like a bunch of old folks dictating how all the children should play their video game, news flash most people that play this game has been around since EQ 1 launch and clearly sees whats really going on. There are NO choices in Everquest anymore, everything is locked behind some sort of arbitrary time gate or a massive pay wall...

Please give us back our EveryQuest 2.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this will be traditional PvP with factions on a TLE base .
    The top expansion being DoF , for now .
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  19. Trynbuy Member

is this update on may 4 going to fix the voice guild chat
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Reading this thread again I had to chuckle. Just yesterday they were talking about how many players they did NOT have on this new and great much time invested in PVP server had. If some of this time creating new servers were spent on the ones they already had, perhaps things could get fixed that need to be fixed. What a concept !
    Cassta likes this.